Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 08-08-2007, 06:33 AM   #31
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrajala View Post
I believe in natural selection. In darwinic sense.

- cruiz-euro
Funny, I've heard that argument almost verbatim about anyone who rides a motorbike under any circumstances. My other favorite is when motorcyclists are called "organ donors." Life is a matter of risk versus reward. If the reward of riding, or riding without a helmet, isn't worth the risk to you, dont! BTW, somebody (acecycleins?) made a point regarding others who depend upon me, that's had me thinking... I may actually change my mind about all this, which is why I enjoy an intelligent discussion with rational people.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-08-2007, 06:40 AM   #32
seruzawa
The Toad

Default This is the Central Scruitinizer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
If you really believed that was true, I think you would have died long ago.
Ha! If there's any place on Earth where darwinian selection is avoided it's freaking Europe. The entire continent's entire population is a ward of the State. All the people capable of original thinking left a century ago.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:51 AM   #33
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
I may actually change my mind about all this, which is why I enjoy an intelligent discussion with rational people.
We'll have none of that talk HERE, Mister!

Where's Kook when you need him! GPTB! Laws O' Physics! Cruisers can't go or stop! Safest Sportbike in the World! Blah-blah-blah! Whooo-Hooo! Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na................................................ .................................................. ......!
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:51 AM   #34
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Don't make me delete you for going off topic

Kidding.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 11:19 AM   #35
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
Don't make me delete you for going off topic

Kidding.

He's not off topic, he's off his meds. Where'd we put the butterfly net when kpsquidcookingavenger left? looks like ol' Hawkman's about chewed through the straps again.......

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 11:36 AM   #36
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Symptoms of reading KPAULSQUIDCOOKVENGER on Cycleworld.com

Nausea / Vomiting
Headache
Shortness of Breath
Increase in Blood Pressure
Abdominal Cramps
Disorientation / Dizziness
Heart Palpitations

I pity the guys on that site. Urk!
Old 08-09-2007, 02:27 PM   #37
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
...skiers, bicyclists, pedestrians, hikers, kids playing sports, people using swimming pools, surfers.... we could go on and on and on. All these are dangerous activities and anyone being hurt doing these things should be denied taxpayer funded medical care, even though they are paying the "premiums". Yeah, that's the ticket. People being taxed to death and when they get hurt deny them any treatment. We can save lots of money that way! Just hire a couple of guys and a wheelbarrow to haul the bodies away to the landfill. That'll result in lower taxes and premiums you bet!
You're smarter than that, aren't you? My basic beef is- we choose to participate in an activity that IS more dangerous than most. You, me, everyone on this forum have personal responsibility. It's is not my job to keep you healthy. It's not your job to pay my child's medical bills when she breaks a leg on the mx course. I'm not say "Don't treat the injuries". I'm saying don't make anyone but the injured (if at fault) pay their own d@mn way. You bust that bean don't expect a Joe Taxpayer bailout.
Paying premiums for Insurance gives you the access you need to medical services. That, in no way, is related to my arguement. Health providers should not be allowed to pick and choose the injuries they cover. It all should be covered- no matter the nature or cause of the injury. SEE- the arguements are NOT connected.
acecycleins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 05:26 PM   #38
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Ah, but in fact....

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
You're smarter than that, aren't you? My basic beef is- we choose to participate in an activity that IS more dangerous than most. You, me, everyone on this forum have personal responsibility. It's is not my job to keep you healthy. It's not your job to pay my child's medical bills when she breaks a leg on the mx course. I'm not say "Don't treat the injuries". I'm saying don't make anyone but the injured (if at fault) pay their own d@mn way. You bust that bean don't expect a Joe Taxpayer bailout.
Paying premiums for Insurance gives you the access you need to medical services. That, in no way, is related to my arguement. Health providers should not be allowed to pick and choose the injuries they cover. It all should be covered- no matter the nature or cause of the injury. SEE- the arguements are NOT connected.
Since my wife and I are in a pretty high tax bracket I am paying into the socialized health care pool. Like anyone else I'm entitled to share in that pool whether some crusader likes it or not.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:01 AM   #39
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
How about other forms of social responsibility. So you aren't for Aid to Dependent children, welfare, unemployment paychecks, food stamp, etc.? You are an 'everybody pay their own way' guy? I'm all for it. Those programs cost us a hell of a lot more than injured motorcyclists. I never collected a dime on ANY social program, but I sure as hell paid a hell of a lot of money into them. When is it my time to collect?
Old 08-10-2007, 06:30 AM   #40
ejis
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
How about other forms of social responsibility. So you aren't for Aid to Dependent children, welfare, unemployment paychecks, food stamp, etc.? You are an 'everybody pay their own way' guy? I'm all for it. Those programs cost us a hell of a lot more than injured motorcyclists. I never collected a dime on ANY social program, but I sure as hell paid a hell of a lot of money into them. When is it my time to collect?
Well, hopefully it's never your time to collect. While I don't like giving away my money to a system that I can't affect, I do believe that social programs are necessary to maintain a civilized nation. If you think there are crime problems now, see what happens when there's no security net for people who loose their jobs, homes, family, etc. Is the system abused? Of course. Is the system run effectively and efficiently? Highly unlikely. Can it be better? Absolutely. But it is necessary. And hopefully you'll never need to get your turn to use it.
ejis is offline   Reply With Quote