Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 10-30-2007, 02:53 PM   #21
SherpaSuper
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
What gets me is that a guy that never posts, never asked for help, never said 'Boo', now suddenly announces his departure, and he what does he expect? Nobody really gives a shyt is what he should expect. Maybe they can redesign the site so he will stay? I know I would. He's obviously so valuable that we need to do whatever it takes to keep this guy. Maybe we could pay him to stay? Should we beg him to stay? Sheesh.
I used to post here now and then, but now I can barely find my way around the articles. I expect I'm not the only one who used to like motorcycle.com and now find the new site disappointing. Obviously I don't think anyone will care about this one person's opinion, but I think I represent more than myself. There are quality reviews here, and a big fanbase, it's just too bad when it's ruined by a ponderous and disfunctional interface.
SherpaSuper is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-30-2007, 04:58 PM   #22
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherpaSuper View Post
Obviously I don't think anyone will care about this one person's opinion, but I think I represent more than myself.
I care. I really do. I'm going to give this issue a lot of thought. When I've formed an appropriate response, I'm going to contact you. Try to hold on till then.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:00 PM   #23
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
I used to post here now and then, but now I can barely find my way around the articles. I expect I'm not the only one who used to like motorcycle.com and now find the new site disappointing. Obviously I don't think anyone will care about this one person's opinion, but I think I represent more than myself. There are quality reviews here, and a big fanbase, it's just too bad when it's ruined by a ponderous and disfunctional interface.
Well, how about asking the mods for help? How about learing the tools that are available for navigation? How about opening up your mind to a new interface, and a new way of doing things? To post that it's just crap and that you quit isn't helping you, or anyone else. I'll help anyone learn to navigate here, and once you learn, it's pretty cool. You have a sig, can post pics, and edit your posts as a Premium Member. All things we certainly couldn't do on the old MO. I bet if you jump in with both feet, I think you could tolerate the new format. Hell, you might even (gasp) like it!
Old 10-30-2007, 05:46 PM   #24
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Well, how about asking the mods for help? How about learing the tools that are available for navigation? How about opening up your mind to a new interface, and a new way of doing things? To post that it's just crap and that you quit isn't helping you, or anyone else. I'll help anyone learn to navigate here, and once you learn, it's pretty cool. You have a sig, can post pics, and edit your posts as a Premium Member. All things we certainly couldn't do on the old MO. I bet if you jump in with both feet, I think you could tolerate the new format. Hell, you might even (gasp) like it!
I did all that - I gotta agree with him: The Forum Interface Sucks. Not so bad that I refuse to post here ('cuz I'm a Post Wh0re). But it still Sucks.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:57 AM   #25
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
I did all that - I gotta agree with him: The Forum Interface Sucks. Not so bad that I refuse to post here ('cuz I'm a Post Wh0re). But it still Sucks.
Ahhhh, your just a big baby anyway!
Old 10-31-2007, 12:00 PM   #26
findangle
Founding Member

i've been over on the xlforum since i bought my sporty.. I don;t believe i"ll be renewing here either.
findangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 12:31 PM   #27
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Obviously I don't think anyone will care about this one person's opinion, but I think I represent more than myself.
After careful deliberation, I have formed an appropriate response:

"On your bike, Mate."
Old 10-31-2007, 12:48 PM   #28
SherpaSuper
Founding Member

Quote:
It's not that I don't understand how to navigate in a forum, I have participated in many forums, including focaljet.com, and I'm a mod on one forum where I made over 15,000 posts (SciForums.com - Science Forums)! When I click on a link and get "404 not found", it doesn't seem like an issue a mod can help with. I do appreciate trying to pack the site with more features, but sometimes simpler is better. It's not easy, it's not intuitive, things don't work at all, the photos are awkward to get to and their size is smaller. It's just baffling overall, and I use computers for a living. If the owners want motorcycle.com to make money, perhaps they should consider hiring a high school kid to create a better website. I hope they didn't pay too much money for this.
SherpaSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 01:07 PM   #29
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

This is pretty much a case of playing the hand we're dealt. There's a lot of advantages to the new set up in that anyone can post a topic and see what people think. We have tighter control on a-hole posting and the ability to moderate people that just don't get it.

The old MO was like a comfy pair of shoes but we had to put up with certain individuales s**t-bombing the site with their political views and outright pig-headed B.S.

Ideally a middle ground between the old and new would have been better or a more standard forum set up, but I don't own the site and I don't know how to start my own so here we are. Sorry it's not working for you.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 03:01 PM   #30
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Ahhhh, your just a big baby anyway!
Oh yeah? Ride down here and say that to my face!

(not that I'd do anything about it, but still)
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote