Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2007, 05:32 PM   #11
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

 
longride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Anywhere they let me
Posts: 10,479
Default

If anybody really cares, I'm sure they'll speak up.
__________________
I'm a knucklehead
longride is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-24-2007, 06:20 PM   #12
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

I care dammit....I CARE !!!!!!!!!!!!

If the site goes tits up I'll have nowhere to screw the pooch when I'm supposed to be working.....The HD Forums are full of newbies that want to know whats the loudest pipes they can find...CW is about as interesting as a plastic sack full of jellyfish........Maximum Suzuki is getting a little gentrified....even SportTouring.net is getting a little stale....

ho-hum..
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 07:22 PM   #13
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In a really, really, really old farmhouse
Posts: 4,369
Default

I'm not sure why people are have such a tough time with the forums. I mean, is it really that different from other forums?
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 09:06 PM   #14
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default Most people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
I'm not sure why people are have such a tough time with the forums. I mean, is it really that different from other forums?
... can't even open an aspirin bottle. Have you noticed that they have to put warnings on paint cans to keep people from drinking it? And from reading the forums I'd bet that 90% of motorcyclists are incapable of even changing their own oil. You know how difficult THAT is. If they aren't aren't willing to pick up a wrench every once in a while I'd prefer they stay in the monkey cages.

Maybe MO needs a step by step tutorial on how to use a freakin mouse. "1.Place arrow on desired place. 2.Press left button. 3.Repeat as necessary."

I'd bet that the real reason people hate it is that it takes about two minutes to figure it out. Longer than the average attention span these daze.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 06:00 AM   #15
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

 
longride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Anywhere they let me
Posts: 10,479
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
I care dammit....I CARE !!!!!!!!!!!!

If the site goes tits up I'll have nowhere to screw the pooch when I'm supposed to be working.....The HD Forums are full of newbies that want to know whats the loudest pipes they can find...CW is about as interesting as a plastic sack full of jellyfish........Maximum Suzuki is getting a little gentrified....even SportTouring.net is getting a little stale....

ho-hum..
Do tell. Your Seattle buddy told us that CW was the cat's ass. I learn something new every day. By the way, which pipes are the loudest?
__________________
I'm a knucklehead
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 06:06 AM   #16
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

 
longride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Anywhere they let me
Posts: 10,479
Default

What gets me is that a guy that never posts, never asked for help, never said 'Boo', now suddenly announces his departure, and he what does he expect? Nobody really gives a shyt is what he should expect. Maybe they can redesign the site so he will stay? I know I would. He's obviously so valuable that we need to do whatever it takes to keep this guy. Maybe we could pay him to stay? Should we beg him to stay? Sheesh.
__________________
I'm a knucklehead
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 09:16 AM   #17
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member
 
Kenneth_Moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VIsiting the GIft Shop in the Pit of DIspair
Posts: 7,118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
By the way, which pipes are the loudest?
Mine. Thanks for asking.
__________________
www.kennethmoore.org
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 11:55 AM   #18
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Mine. Thanks for asking.

trouble maker........


One thing that tickles me is them all getting a boner for Reinhart True Duels....Correct me if I'm wrong here but wasn't the balance pipe on twins developed by Triumph and proven to improve and balance flow at low and mid-range thereby increasing torque?

The only time straight duels are going to help are at high RPM racing applications....Most of those boneheads would wet themselves if they ever got over 2500 RPM

Longride, I'd guess them West Coast Chopper straight pipes that basically come out of the heads and point down would be the loudest.............

I SAID, THE WEST COAST CHOPPER ONES....
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 12:04 PM   #19
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member
 
Kenneth_Moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VIsiting the GIft Shop in the Pit of DIspair
Posts: 7,118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
trouble maker........


Correct me if I'm wrong here but wasn't the balance pipe on twins developed by Triumph and proven to improve and balance flow at low and mid-range thereby increasing torque?
....
I can't say who invented the balance tube, but I do know that every real performance exhaust has one. I also know that part of their performance improvement comes from having one cylinder's exhaust help scavange the other cylinder(s) and increase the fuel/air charge flowing in on the suck stroke. My Low Rider ran much better with the stock exhaust with the x-over tube than it does with drag pipes.
__________________
www.kennethmoore.org
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 02:54 PM   #20
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default They also help...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
I can't say who invented the balance tube, but I do know that every real performance exhaust has one. I also know that part of their performance improvement comes from having one cylinder's exhaust help scavange the other cylinder(s) and increase the fuel/air charge flowing in on the suck stroke. My Low Rider ran much better with the stock exhaust with the x-over tube than it does with drag pipes.
...reduce exhaust noise so you can get away with smaller mufflers when running dual mufflers, 4-into-2s, 4-into-4s etc.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off