Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 07-19-2007, 11:05 AM   #31
Troutbucket
Registered Member

I've got to agree with DaveFla. I've been a member for a couple years now and the new site may be a bit flashier, but it's terrible to navigate through. Not only have the forums gotten harder to use and read, the "news" is getting pretty sparse. How hard is it to post a link to a story that someone else already wrote? Methinks the end is nigh.
Troutbucket is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-19-2007, 11:35 AM   #32
Gritboy
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomSmith View Post
landracing.com - Home has a similar web page layout, but has a cleaner look and is easier to navigate. I suspect that you will be making some slight adjustments from time to time, so you ought to look at other sites for ideas for future enhancements. Just a suggestion, not an order. But then again...
landracing.com ain't any better and it's hell of lot uglier. I'm not fond of the new MO site -- especially the forums -- but some site's aren't worth mimicking.
Gritboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 05:48 AM   #33
rwven
Registered Member

I'll chime in with the rest of the Luddites, I like the old site better. The new site is slick and flashy sure, but the old one was like an old friend. How about an MO Classic version for us old-timers?
rwven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 07:42 AM   #34
maladg
Registered Member

ok - I'm now feeling a bit less grumpy about the Forum. Really, really should be simpler. See BMW MOA Forum, FJR Forum and BMW SportTouring.com Forum for what I prefer.

But I suppose I'll quit whining and try to muddle through the instructions and learn how to use the Rube Goldberg version....

Actually the truth is that I'm uber busy at work. Heck fire, I've driven -yes, a CAR - to Mobile, AL and Knoxville, TN this week. Talk about dull. Jeez.
maladg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 12:42 AM   #35
stormcloud
Founding Member

Default What's happened to MO ?

I used to come to MO most days to check out the latest stories, news and tests of bikes and gear.

Then things dried up - with most of the new material posted by members and frequently linked to elsewhere.

The new site has been up for a while now, but I dont see any reason to come here other than maybe once per week, and there's not been much of interest.

There's heaps more info on other sites, especially news.

The new MO, so far, is not only clumsier to use but has more ad's than recent content.

Unless I'm using it wrong??............

Maybe they set the bar too high, maybe they're under-resourced.

e.g. It was dissapointing that the story on the Motocyz thingy was headed 'by motorcycle.com staff' but was almost word for word what was on the manufacturers website.
That's not journalism.

Hope things get better or I'll be gone.

That'd be dissapointing as I've been here since day one.
stormcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 08:19 AM   #36
TomSmith
Founding Member

Default web site improvement ideas

Take a look at Web Pages That Suck learn usability and good Web design by looking at bad Web design Home Page for some ideas and entertainment.
TomSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 12:23 PM   #37
TomSmith
Founding Member

Looks like it got garbled. The web address is:
Web Pages That Suck learn usability and good Web design by looking at bad Web design Home Page
I used it as a good source of ideas for web sites I built, but I could have followed the advice better.
TomSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 03:50 PM   #38
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

My fav quote about one of the "Winners":

"Everything that could possibly be wrong with a web site is wrong with this one. Seriously. It’s so bad I can’t even come up with words to describe how terrible it truly is. If you designed a web site with the specific goal of making it so obnoxious that it drove people away, and with the secondary goal of making it maximally difficult to glean even the smallest iota of information about the products from the web site, this is the design you’d come up with.

It’s really, really, REALLY bad."
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 03:56 PM   #39
kavenger
Banned

Habsdoc's last post was this one.. i.e for someone that likes it he sure doesn't post much.
kavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 07:57 AM   #40
cyclox
Founding Member

Agreed. The new interface is flashy but less functional. And is anyone writing articles anymore??

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormcloud View Post
I used to come to MO most days to check out the latest stories, news and tests of bikes and gear.

Then things dried up - with most of the new material posted by members and frequently linked to elsewhere.

The new site has been up for a while now, but I dont see any reason to come here other than maybe once per week, and there's not been much of interest.

There's heaps more info on other sites, especially news.

The new MO, so far, is not only clumsier to use but has more ad's than recent content.

Unless I'm using it wrong??............

Maybe they set the bar too high, maybe they're under-resourced.

e.g. It was dissapointing that the story on the Motocyz thingy was headed 'by motorcycle.com staff' but was almost word for word what was on the manufacturers website.
That's not journalism.

Hope things get better or I'll be gone.

That'd be dissapointing as I've been here since day one.
cyclox is offline   Reply With Quote