Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle.Com Lounge (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/)
-   -   Fresh CB (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/20908-fresh-cb.html)

The Spaceman 03-23-2013 10:12 AM

Fresh CB

5 Attachment(s)
The new bike arrived Friday. Riva has a giant warehouse and assembly operation in an industrial park. The sales guy took me there to see the new bike come out of the crate and get built. This is serial number 29.

The Spaceman 03-23-2013 11:22 AM

GEICO isn't as dumb as most insurance companies!

I just got off the phone with GEICO insurance. You don't have to have insurance on a bike in FL (go figure), but even if you aren't financing, it seems pretty dumb not to cover it.

Anyway, I went through the quote process with the agent, using the coverage I had on the Vee. That was $495 a month. The agent came back with $1,350! I asked the guy if he was rating it as a supersport. "Yes, it's a CB, so that's how we're rating it." I explained it's an 80 hp bike, more of a cruiser, and asked him to speak with a supervisor or look the bike up on the Honda website. Luckily they're intelligent enough to do that, and he came back with a new rate of $280 per year, with double the coverage amounts the Vee had. I have to say, it's pretty unexpected when a call-center agent has that type of flexibility and authority to make decisions.

jmdonald 03-23-2013 01:06 PM

Huge decrease.

When I went from sport bike to a standard my rate fell by 75%. I insure with USAA. They have some of the best rates and best coverages. You made a great choice in bikes. Good luck and good riding.

seruzawa 03-23-2013 02:58 PM

Don't forget wheelie pictures.

schizuki 03-24-2013 05:10 AM

Linkies no worky. Want to see bike!

Buzglyd 03-24-2013 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spaceman (Post 280764)
I just got off the phone with GEICO insurance. You don't have to have insurance on a bike in FL (go figure), but even if you aren't financing, it seems pretty dumb not to cover it.

Anyway, I went through the quote process with the agent, using the coverage I had on the Vee. That was $495 a month. The agent came back with $1,350! I asked the guy if he was rating it as a supersport. "Yes, it's a CB, so that's how we're rating it." I explained it's an 80 hp bike, more of a cruiser, and asked him to speak with a supervisor or look the bike up on the Honda website. Luckily they're intelligent enough to do that, and he came back with a new rate of $280 per year, with double the coverage amounts the Vee had. I have to say, it's pretty unexpected when a call-center agent has that type of flexibility and authority to make decisions.

What a bunch of evil capitalists.

The Spaceman 03-24-2013 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizuki (Post 280773)
Linkies no worky. Want to see bike!

I know. I put them up on Google+ and tried to link from there, but I must be doing something wrong.

However, Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums doesn't have any issues displaying photos (even though they use the same forum engine MO does). So you can see them here:

And now for something completely different... - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums

Buzglyd 03-24-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spaceman (Post 280777)
I know. I put them up on Google+ and tried to link from there, but I must be doing something wrong.

However, Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums doesn't have any issues displaying photos (even though they use the same forum engine MO does). So you can see them here:

And now for something completely different... - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums

If you use Google Plus make sure you post them to Public.

Right click Copy Image Link and then post that link in the image link thingy button in advanced posting.

Come on KMo! This is easy stuff for a nerd.

schizuki 03-24-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spaceman (Post 280777)

Actually, they don't display unless you're a forum member.

See, this is why liberals can't govern! :p

seruzawa 03-24-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizuki (Post 280779)
Actually, they don't display unless you're a forum member.

See, this is why liberals can't govern! :p

Please save political harassment for the political page.