Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle.Com Lounge (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/)
-   -   Go Danica! (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/20860-go-danica.html)

Buzglyd 02-24-2013 10:40 PM

Courtney Force qualified #1 and WON the Winternationals Funny Car division at Pomona last week.

Erica Enders WON Pro Stock at Phoenix this weekend.

Danica finishes 8th and Matt Lauer and Kenneth will have orgasms.

The Spaceman 02-25-2013 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 280380)
Courtney Force qualified #1 and WON the Winternationals Funny Car division at Pomona last week.

Erica Enders WON Pro Stock at Phoenix this weekend.

Danica finishes 8th and Matt Lauer and Kenneth will have orgasms.

I don't know much about Enders, but Force's Daddy handed her career over on a silver platter. The best cars, a winning team, all of it ready-made. It would be a big suprise if she hadn't won with all that going for her.

Danica, OTOH, has spent years working her way up the ladder driving in increasingly demanding series. If not, I'd say the criticisms are fair. But she did, and she combined it with marketing saavy (which every successful driver does) to get to where she is today.

As for her race Sunday, she was in the top 10 all day, lead a green flag lap, was in 3rd on the final lap, and got freight-trained along with some of the best of them at the finish. An excellent race for any driver, IMO. And, as you pointed out, she brought NASCAR more publicity and attention than they've had for years.

Go Danica!

pushrod 02-25-2013 06:53 AM

I must admit, I watched a good bit of the race yesterday (I can't remember watching any significant amount ever before) primarily because she was in the hunt.
So the marketing strategery is working!

sarnali2 02-25-2013 07:41 AM

Darn I missed it, I was too busy here racking up piles of filthy lucre....

Still I wouldn't have watched it anyway if I were home. I was on a Jason Bourne kick and watched all three over the weekend.

seruzawa 02-25-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 280385)
Darn I missed it, I was too busy here racking up piles of filthy lucre....

Still I wouldn't have watched it anyway if I were home. I was on a Jason Bourne kick and watched all three over the weekend.

I doubt that anything would get me to watch that racing series, Danica or not.

Buzglyd 03-02-2013 08:43 AM

Oops!

Maybe she did have a cheater car in Daytona.

NASCAR - Qualifying - Yahoo! Sports

The Spaceman 03-02-2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 280492)
Oops!

In NASCAR, "if you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin."

seruzawa 03-02-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 280492)
Oops!

No time for NASCAR. Temperature above freezing today (51F). Marathon testing of Tiger rev-limiter scheduled today.

sarnali2 03-03-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 280496)
No time for NASCAR. Temperature above freezing today (51F). Marathon testing of Tiger rev-limiter scheduled today.

Yay!!! winter sucks, I suggest you burn a little of that wintr rubber of the tire as well..I went for a nice club ride yesterday which turned into another bike wash but 50 degree rain beats 35 degree rain everytime. Beside it was only showers, the rest of the time was nice.

Buzglyd 03-03-2013 11:35 AM

I rode Thursday, Friday, took the boat out yesterday and I'm on a short ride today and the damn temp hasn't dipped below 75.