Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 02-22-2013, 07:42 AM   #1
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Our heroes are all Brits

The last Spiderman was played by a British actor. Batman is played by a Brit (and so is Commissioner Gordon). The next Superman will be played by a Brit. Rick in The Walking Dead is played by a Brit. Captain Richard Winters in Band of Brothers, a real-life American hero, was played by a Brit.

Today I was watching a Doctor Who re-run, and damn if I didn't see the Governor from Walking Dead - another Brit. So they're playing our villains as well as our heroes. Well, at least The Joker wasn't played by a Brit. Oh, wait - Heath Ledger was an Aussie. Close enough.

Conclusion - our male American actors suck. Maybe they should do less spouting off about politics and spend some time learning their craft.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-22-2013, 08:07 AM   #2
The Spaceman
Registered Member

I thought Commisioner Gordon was played by Edward James Almos...probably got his name wrong. Anyhoo, he's Latin, right?

My kid is nuts for Dr. Who. He saw Sarnarli's avatar yesterday and mentioned the Dalek.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:16 AM   #3
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Daleks are cool, it'd be interesting to see the Borg try to assimilate Skaro. The Borg would be yelling "Assimilate" and the Daleks would be yelling "Exterminate" ......Should be quite a racket with lasers and little wiggly nano-probes flying around and that hot-ass Borg queen getting all squishy with 7 of 9 and Billy Piper... (woof).. ehm..

Anyway, most American actors, other than Jeremy Renner, Matt Damon and Leo DeCaprio, maybe Paul Walker and the Rock..er Dewayne Johnson and a few notable others suck, that's why they use Brits. The hottest thing right now is to have a Brittish accent off-screen and sound American on.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...

Last edited by sarnali2 : 02-22-2013 at 10:20 AM.
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:34 AM   #4
The Spaceman
Registered Member

I got the kid a TARDIS cookie jar for Christmas. It looks like a UK Police Call Box (phone booth. When you open the top to get a cookie, it triggers a time-space dimensional shift. A blue light on top starts flashing and it makes a sound like a toilet flushing. Then the cookies are sent to another dimension. At least that's what the kid says is happening to all the cookies.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:05 AM   #5
schizuki
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
I thought Commisioner Gordon was played by Edward James Almos...
Nope. Gary F**king Oldman.

Quote:
My kid is nuts for Dr. Who.
Good taste. It's a terrific show. I like it, my wife loves it.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:17 AM   #6
schizuki
Founding Member

Going way off the topic... It's interesting how science fiction tends to reflect the traumas and anxieties of the culture. Our 50's sci-fi had space invasions (Sputnik) and infiltration/assimilation (Soviet moles). The Japs had radiation-born, city-destroying Godzilla (Hiroshima and Nagasaki). And the Brits had Doctor Who and his enemies, the Daleks (a genocidal master race encased in little Panzers), the Cybermen (an assimilating master race who marched like Stosstruppen), and the Sontarans (an elite warrior master race akin to the Waffen-SS).

(It's amazing I ever got laid.)

Old 02-22-2013, 01:00 PM   #7
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Cybermen always gave me the heebie jeebies, battalions of un thinking terminators in cheesy tinfoil suits. (brrrrr).. Daleks were just plain cool and besides, the original ones couldn't see red so all you had to do was hide behind a red letter box and you were safe as sausages.

The ones that got me on the new show were the Angel statues that moved when you weren't looking at them, that kind of thing gives me the willies anyway and to see my fears come true on TV well, it was disconcerting to say the least.

As far as getting your ashes haul Schizook... hell, your a nice enough looking guy and there's always plenty of geek girls who want someone to talk nerdy to them, you'll be fine.....

Old 02-22-2013, 01:14 PM   #8
schizuki
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post

The ones that got me on the new show were the Angel statues that moved when you weren't looking at them
The first Weeping Angels episode is what I recommend to anybody who has never seen the show. Epically terrifying.

The funny thing is, the Doctor is barely in that episode.

Old 02-22-2013, 01:26 PM   #9
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Epically terrifying indeed, That was a hard one to watch. Do you watch Primeval or Sanctuary? they're both pretty good too.

Old 02-22-2013, 02:10 PM   #10
schizuki
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Do you watch Primeval or Sanctuary? they're both pretty good too.
Thanks, I'll check 'em out. Amanda Tapping is pretty easy on the eyes.