Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 11-10-2012, 09:40 PM   #1
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Default Veterans Day

I rode in the Auburn Washington Veterans Day parade today with my brothers in Combat Veterans International, an M/C based veterans support organization I belong to, We do the ride every year along with a few other veterans M/C clubs, this year was sunny but cold, starting out in the upper 20's when we met up for the ride .

Had a great time and it's a pretty cool parade too with some neat floats and vintage vehicles and uniforms, the neat thing is the reaction we get from the crowd and little kids, kinda' cool...By the afternoon it had warmed up to maybe 40 in the sun so not bad for November, all in all close around 75 bikes I'd guesstimate.

Afterwards we went out for BBQ at a local steak joint which handled being deluged with a bunch of bikers pretty well actually, sometimes it's fun to be a pirate afterall.....

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-10-2012, 09:57 PM   #2
jmdonald
Founding Member

Default Sounds Great

Nice way to honor our Veterans. Riding in 40's let alone the 20's commands my respect.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:08 PM   #3
seruzawa
The Toad

I'm saddened on this Veteran's Day when I realize that so many have died so that our current population, made up mostly of moochers as the last election has proven, is intent on becoming a nanny state. There's no point in defending freedom for people who want to be kept by a master. A population which no longer believes it should be responsible for its own well being deserves its enslavement. A population that votes for criminals who are actively destroying the population's wealth deserves that destruction. I'm afraid that all those sacrifices were in vain.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:58 PM   #4
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
I'm saddened on this Veteran's Day when I realize that so many have died so that our current population, made up mostly of moochers as the last election has proven, is intent on becoming a nanny state. There's no point in defending freedom for people who want to be kept by a master. A population which no longer believes it should be responsible for its own well being deserves its enslavement. A population that votes for criminals who are actively destroying the population's wealth deserves that destruction. I'm afraid that all those sacrifices were in vain.
Succint, and to the point.

Our Intern - a fine young man from Rwanda - and I, have been carrying conversations to this effect. HE sees what is happening here, why is it few others can? Our conversations make me want to move to Rwanda, start fresh in a culture that values Freedom and Spirituality, Self-Reliance and the Individual. I have never met someone quite like him, and am grateful for the chance to be his friend.

Somewhere on this planet, the Dream of America will carry on. Unfortunately, it shall not be IN America, so it seems.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:31 AM   #5
pushrod
Founding Member

From one Vet to all you others: Thanks for your service!

And Seru- although I agree with your post, isn't the whole point the "Freedom of Choice?"

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:46 AM   #6
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushrod View Post
From one Vet to all you others: Thanks for your service!

And Seru- although I agree with your post, isn't the whole point the "Freedom of Choice?"
Yes, it is. However the moochers desire to remove choice from those of us who don't want a nanny state.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:26 AM   #7
jmdonald
Founding Member

Default Loss of liberty

There are a lot of folks out there that believe in big government and are more than willing to sacrifice their liberty as well as everybody else's. It is liberty that allows us freedom of choice. No wonder one of the top google searches is how to renounce your citizenship.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:43 PM   #8
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdonald View Post
No wonder one of the top google searches is how to renounce your citizenship.

Let 'em, The stripes on that flag are colored by the blood of Patriots. If a person doesn't understand that or respect their sacrifice then get the f*ck out of here.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote