Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle.Com Lounge (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/)
-   -   Buzglyd is back and there's gonna be some trouble! (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/20591-buzglyd-back-theres-gonna-some-trouble.html)

Buzglyd 09-30-2012 10:47 AM

Buzglyd is back and there's gonna be some trouble!

New Bike!

I just couldn't resist. She's a 2000 Deuce. It's got every single doodad you could put on it plus the H-D "colorshop" paint job which set you back a cool $2500 back in the day.

A little haggling and for $6500 I put it in the truck. 15,000 miles and runs like a dream.

The_AirHawk 09-30-2012 12:28 PM

Whatever happened to the $3000 Sprotster?

(BTW - Nice Bike!)

pushrod 09-30-2012 02:43 PM

NICE!

What's dangling under the rear brake lever?

What sort of seat is that?

Buzglyd 09-30-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pushrod (Post 277856)
NICE!

What's dangling under the rear brake lever?

What sort of seat is that?

It's a steel braided clutch cable which needs to be zip tied to something.

The seat is a typical POS Corbin and will be replaced forthwith.

schizuki 09-30-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 277857)
The seat is a typical POS Corbin and will be replaced forthwith.

I'm glad you said that. I was politely refraining.

Dang! You got shocks, pegs... lucky! You gonna take it off any sweet jumps?

Buzglyd 09-30-2012 07:47 PM

The paint is the cool color shifting type.

I took the ugly windscreen off.

The dumba$$ put some cheesy black panther stickers on a $2500 factory paint job. Those will be coming off shortly.

The pipes are way too loud but Vance and Hines makes some quiet baffles for them.

It's lowered and I'll have to investigate returning it to a normal ride height.

It's a gem to ride other than the horrible seat and it's hard to believe it's 12 years old.

seruzawa 09-30-2012 08:40 PM

Purty bike, though. Hope it's got the tubeless spoked rim.

15K in 12 years? Rubbie score!!

Lowered? Wha? 2" of travel? OUCH!

Don't tell me. He put on open pipes but didn't reset the mixture so it bangs like a .38 Special on compression braking.

You don't need a windscreen since it will rattle itself to pieces at any speed over 50mph. And don't be expecting me to follow you around to pick up the parts that fall off. Yer on yer own!

Buzglyd 09-30-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 277862)
Purty bike, though. Hope it's got the tubeless spoked rim.

15K in 12 years? Rubbie score!!

Lowered? Wha? 2" of travel? OUCH!

Don't tell me. He put on open pipes but didn't reset the mixture so it bangs like a .38 Special on compression braking.

You don't need a windscreen since it will rattle itself to pieces at any speed over 50mph. And don't be expecting me to follow you around to pick up the parts that fall off. Yer on yer own!

She runs pretty sweetly. They aren't open pipes. V&H straight shots have minimal baffling but I'll get the "quiet" baffles.

The suspension travel is pretty short but the ride isn't too bad considering. My biggest issue right now is that godawful seat. Corbin must be laundering drug money because it's hard to believe they can stay in business putting out such shoddy products. There are two gouges on the rear fender underneath the seat.

If I had paid $2500 for a 1 of 200 "colorshop" paint job, we'd be in court.

I've been practicing "layin' her down" and staying off the front brake so I don't "go over the bars."

The Spaceman 10-01-2012 06:21 AM

Are you f'ing kidding me? Of all the things you could think of to do with $6,500, you go out and buy a Softail Duece? You sold your nifty Ducati...and spent the money for that thing? WHY???

Buzglyd 10-01-2012 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spaceman (Post 277865)
Are you f'ing kidding me? Of all the things you could think of to do with $6,500, you go out and buy a Softail Duece? You sold your nifty Ducati...and spent the money for that thing? WHY???

I can ride it for two years and sell it for the same price.

Consider it a long, free rental. Plus the GF is dying to wear all the cute clothes.