Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2012, 10:06 AM   #1
The Spaceman
Registered Member
 
The Spaceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,448
Default Facebook Sucks

Why Facebook's stock is tanking | Internet & Media - CNET News

It hardly takes a genius to figure out that valuing Facebook over a company that actually produces something like HP, or valuing it at 10 times Google, which has a solid record of earnings, is stupid.

Facebook is a fad, a toy, entertainment. Microsoft is worth billions because it produces software that people and businesses really need. Who needs Facebook? Nobody. And as soon as the next "social networking" doo-dad comes along, Facebook will be as relevant as KC and the Sunshine Band is today.

Facebook was born from a stolen idea, Zuckerberg cheated his co-founder out of his share of the company, and the Facebook has consistently treated it's user base like beef-cattle, adding in deception, lies, and abuse.

Suck it, Zukerberg. You may be rich, but you're still a punk-ass loser.
__________________
318 curves in 11 miles."
The Spaceman is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-21-2012, 10:12 AM   #2
Buzglyd
Founding Member
 
Buzglyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 10,904
Default

I've talked to a couple of people who both think shorting Facebook is the way to go.

It's jumped the shark I believe. I don't have all the anger that Kenneth has over someone getting RICH! but I really think people are getting burned out on it and myself and other friends have deleted our accounts.

Once you realize those old high school flames are almost 50 now, it ain't so great.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:27 AM   #3
The_AirHawk
Founding Member
 
The_AirHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Leanin' Tower O' P-P-P-P-POWAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Posts: 11,491
Default

Where might one find a "Faceplant" growing? In the effluent from the "Sh!tter"?
__________________
Parfois, on fait pas semblant
Sometimes, it's not pretend
Oderint Dum Metuant
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:13 AM   #4
The Spaceman
Registered Member
 
The Spaceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,448
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
I've talked to a couple of people who both think shorting Facebook is the way to go.

It's jumped the shark I believe. I don't have all the anger that Kenneth has over someone getting RICH! but I really think people are getting burned out on it and myself and other friends have deleted our accounts.

Once you realize those old high school flames are almost 50 now, it ain't so great.
Contrary to your imagination, I don't mind anybody getting rich. But when they do it by cheating, lying, and stealing, it does rile me up. And Facebook is particularly annoying to me as an IT professional, because it uses the systems I have built and support to violate people's privacy; which is truly an evil use of the technology.
__________________
318 curves in 11 miles."
The Spaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:54 AM   #5
jmdonald
Founding Member
 
jmdonald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mission Viejo
Posts: 1,291
Default Thoughts about facebook

Zuckerberg is a P***y.
The Winkelvoss twins should have pounded his face in.
If Chucky Schumer and Bob Casey have their way with the Ex-Patriot bill entreprenuers will think twice about setting up shop in the US. They are also pussies.
Facebook is just another Government mind control device for pussies.
__________________
Secede.

Last edited by jmdonald : 05-21-2012 at 12:09 PM.
jmdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:47 PM   #6
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

Yeah? well I just un-friended you so there!!!
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:28 PM   #7
Buzglyd
Founding Member
 
Buzglyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 10,904
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
Contrary to your imagination, I don't mind anybody getting rich. But when they do it by cheating, lying, and stealing, it does rile me up. And Facebook is particularly annoying to me as an IT professional, because it uses the systems I have built and support to violate people's privacy; which is truly an evil use of the technology.
Those people could have just not signed up for FB and their privacy would be fine.

I cancelled my account because of all the privacy BS. I'll just call you directly when I'm going to the gym, drinking coffee or having a bad day.

Does Solyndra count as cheating, lying and stealing?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:47 PM   #8
The Spaceman
Registered Member
 
The Spaceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,448
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Those people could have just not signed up for FB and their privacy would be fine.
The problem with that is that Facebook deliberately misleads it's customers to believe they have privacy in their data. Downloading what amounts to a virus to monitor a customer's web browsing regardless of their being logged in to FB without disclosing it is unethical and illegal.
__________________
318 curves in 11 miles."
The Spaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 02:18 PM   #9
Buzglyd
Founding Member
 
Buzglyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 10,904
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
The problem with that is that Facebook deliberately misleads it's customers to believe they have privacy in their data. Downloading what amounts to a virus to monitor a customer's web browsing regardless of their being logged in to FB without disclosing it is unethical and illegal.
Not to mention they'll tell mama about all those porn sites you visit!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:10 PM   #10
The_AirHawk
Founding Member
 
The_AirHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Leanin' Tower O' P-P-P-P-POWAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Posts: 11,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Not to mention they'll tell mama about all those porn sites you visit!
Do you think they can extrapolate which pictures and video I'm masturbating-to by how long it takes to get to the next one?

Oh god, what if the KKK finds out about all that Latin and African-American pRon I've been watching!

There goes my "Grand Keagle" nomination....
__________________
Parfois, on fait pas semblant
Sometimes, it's not pretend
Oderint Dum Metuant
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off