Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 05-10-2012, 10:02 AM   #21
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
In my direct experience, organized religion has hijacked one of humanity's greatest gifts and perverted it to gain authority, wealth, and power.
And I'll not disagree with you there - for reasons I'll not get into right now.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-10-2012, 12:44 PM   #22
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

If you really want a fun time try dealing with the EPA or their minions in the Puget Sound Clean Air Agency. Just as an example we have a certified low NoX boiler that is requiered to come in under 10 ppm NoX, if it fails by even 1 ppm which is fairly easy to do we are required to secure the boiler and shift over to one of our other two boilers at that site Both of which are over 50 years old and generate around 30~60 ppm NoX. No amount of explaining will convince them that a marginally out of compliance rated boiler generating 11ppm NoX is still a magnitude cleaner than a non-rated boiler generating 30+ ppm NoX.

As to Faith, well we all believe in our own Fairy Tales and yes Organized Religion is a money-maker from the word go. That's not to say that they don't do good and important work in feeding the poorest of the poor and hungry.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:34 PM   #23
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
If you really want a fun time try dealing with the EPA or their minions...
Thankfully, I don't have to see them directly. I only have to jump-through their goddam hoops......

..........while they're ON FIRE!!!
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...

Last edited by The_AirHawk : 05-10-2012 at 04:40 PM.
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:44 PM   #24
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
If you really want a fun time try dealing with the EPA or their minions in the Puget Sound Clean Air Agency. Just as an example we have a certified low NoX boiler that is requiered to come in under 10 ppm NoX, if it fails by even 1 ppm which is fairly easy to do we are required to secure the boiler and shift over to one of our other two boilers at that site Both of which are over 50 years old and generate around 30~60 ppm NoX. No amount of explaining will convince them that a marginally out of compliance rated boiler generating 11ppm NoX is still a magnitude cleaner than a non-rated boiler generating 30+ ppm NoX.

As to Faith, well we all believe in our own Fairy Tales and yes Organized Religion is a money-maker from the word go. That's not to say that they don't do good and important work in feeding the poorest of the poor and hungry.
Federal agencies have offices whose purpose is to propagandize the public and hoodwink them into believing that the world would collapse if there wasn't an Office of Chess Promotion for Lower Khazakastan. However when one actually brushes up against these agencies in real life he soon discovers the ugly truth. Read the papers and watch the news and you'd think the bureaucracies were your wonderful friends. The truth is the opposite.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:29 PM   #25
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Thankfully, I don't have to see them directly. I only have to jump-through their goddam hoops......

..........while they're ON FIRE!!!

I get to deal with them a couple of times a year for compliance testing on the low NoX boiler and walk throughs and record checks on the other 18 boilers we have.

The key is to document the crap out of everything you do, incomplete or missing records of fuel burns and emission check PM's are like catnip to these guys.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote