Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 02-13-2012, 05:55 AM   #1
The Spaceman
Registered Member

Default HitMe Wooston Dead - And We Like Her That Way

For more years than I care to think about, she's been strung out on drugs, wasting away, bleeding money and going broke, all with great public exposure in the tabloids and media. We've all watched it play out like a popular night-time teevee series.

She finally came to her end in a hotel room bathtub. One could guess at the exact cause of death, but it's undoubtably due to years of being strung out on drugs, wasting away, bleeding money and going broke.

Yesterday and this morning, the emotional memories, accolades, and honors poured forth for this "great star, this one of a kind talent." A woman who "broke barriers in style and art like no other talent." "The first woman of color to appear on the cover of 17 magazine." And my personal favorite, "a star everyone could relate to, that everyone wanted to be." I'm sure we're in for more, at least through the end of the week.

So...how come nobody helped her when she was dying? If your sister was strung out on crack and whoring herself out to pay for it, wouldn't you get involved? Would you help your sister's friend? Maybe even do what in Florida is known as a "Baker Act," where you can force a person who is self-destructing into an institution?

I think we prefer to watch stars blow themselves up. I know the media loves it, just yesterday in the grocery store line there was an Enquirer-type rag with a cover story on HitMe's impending doom; probably written a month or more ago. It's almost like a teevee news van filming an extremely drunk driver careening down public roads while making no effort to stop the car or contact the cops; hoping to film the carnage when the crash finally comes.

The worst part is, I now have "I Will Always Love You" stuck in my head, playing over and over. Go ahead, hum a few bars...think back to "The Bodyguard," and get it stuck in your head too. It's the least we can do for her.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-13-2012, 08:27 AM   #2
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Well I'll be reserving my sympathies for some poor kid who got maimed in Iraq or Afghanistan serving our country. I think it's a shame she chose to live the way she did, but frankly between Bobby using her for a punching bag and her own behaviour I'm surprised she lasted as long as she did.

The worst thing of course is that we'll have to endure the usual tedium of Hollywood "personalities" vomiting their tributes while "mourning her passing" (translation:"photo-op at Whitney's funeral") I agree Ken, it's a pity some of those same "friends" didn't try to help her before things got to this point.

She had the combination of talent, looks and opportunity that very few people have and instead of trying to be a better person she threw it all away and squandered her life like every other crackhead drunk. Now I'm supposed to feel sorry for her? I'm afraid I'm just not that sympathetic a person.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:37 AM   #3
The Spaceman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post

The worst thing of course is that we'll have to endure the usual tedium of Hollywood "personalities" vomiting their tributes while "mourning her passing" (translation:"photo-op at Whitney's funeral") I agree Ken, it's a pity some of those same "friends" didn't try to help her before things got to this point.
That's really the point of my long-winded post. Everybody and his brother, including some people with serious resources, is going to have all the time in the world to "memorialize" the dead woman. Yet none of them had any time at all to get her straightened out while she was alive.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:06 PM   #4
schizuki
Founding Member

There's only so much you can do for someone determined to destroy herself. Just because she succeeded doesn't mean her loved ones didn't try to save her.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:15 PM   #5
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
She had the combination of talent, looks and opportunity that very few people have and instead of trying to be a better person she threw it all away and squandered her life like every other crackhead drunk.
"First of all, let's get one thing straight. Crack is cheap. I make too much money to ever smoke crack. Let's get that straight. Okay? We don't do crack. We don't do that. Crack is wack."

Now COCAINE, that-there is a Rich Person's Drug...
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:19 AM   #6
The Spaceman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Now COCAINE, that-there is a Rich Person's Drug...
Not for long...
Old 02-15-2012, 09:24 AM   #7
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
Not for long...
"Cocaine is a HELUVA Drug...."

-Rick James
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote