Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 10-26-2011, 03:33 PM   #1
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Today's lunch ride 4 w/OWS bonus!

Today's lunch ride started by pointing my star ship downtown to pick up some theater tickets for me mum's birthday in San Diego. I roll up and was met with the OWS protest in the Civic Theater square.

It was pretty pathetic for a protest. Anger, San Diego style. There couldn't have been more than 60 people or so and half of them were random San Diego homeless types who found a place to flop where they wouldn't get rousted daily. A few pathetic hippies and garbage everywhere and about 12 cops made it not even worthy of a photo.

I figured given the protest, I'd head to the land of the 1%. La Jolla!

It was low tide and the open beach, bird guano and seal poop honestly smelled worse than the OWS protest. I headed upwind fast!

It wasn't a long ride-only about 80 miles round trip but it put me over the mileage for the break in service. It's perfect timing because the local BMW dealer mails out postcards for free oil and filters and I just got one. The K6 holds 6 quarts of super duper synthetic!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-26-2011, 03:34 PM   #2
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Odd how the Wall streeters weren't on Wall St in La Jolla!
Old 10-26-2011, 05:30 PM   #3
12er
Founding Member

Cruise on up to Oakland, the smell of Tear Gas drowns out every other smell. Last night was interesting, 12th st station was closed on bart when I rolled through at 9:30pm, Getto bird doing its thing. At least it was a quicker trip home.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:08 AM   #4
jmdonald
Founding Member

Default If Only

Think about what we could spend on research and education if we weren't so focused on our own riding destinations. Keep up the the good work.While I'm thinking about it, are you going to the Occupy Tia Juana protest? I hear they are serving fish tacos.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:25 AM   #5
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdonald View Post
Think about what we could spend on research and education if we weren't so focused on our own riding destinations. Keep up the the good work.While I'm thinking about it, are you going to the Occupy Tia Juana protest? I hear they are serving fish tacos.
I'll stay away from the Northern Border for now until Obama and Holder tell me where all the guns are.