Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-15-2011, 09:50 AM   #12
Captain Steve
Registered Member

She still had the Mustang and the Fates smiled upon HIM?
Captain Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 05:21 PM   #13
schizuki
Founding Member

Speaking of flying under the radar - a hot tip in the early '80s was to order a Mustang LE with the 5.0 liter V8 instead of a six. You had a nice little Q-ship, and if your insurance company didn't ask too many questions, you got cheaper insurance to boot.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 09:20 PM   #14
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizuki View Post
Speaking of flying under the radar - a hot tip in the early '80s was to order a Mustang LE with the 5.0 liter V8 instead of a six. You had a nice little Q-ship, and if your insurance company didn't ask too many questions, you got cheaper insurance to boot.
I have another hot tip. That body style of Mustang was total shyte.
Old 10-16-2011, 02:59 AM   #15
schizuki
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
I have another hot tip. That body style of Mustang was total shyte.
Hey, by the standards of the day, it was OK.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:00 AM   #16
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Hey, by the standards of the day, it was OK.
We had an 80 Mustang with the 2.3 4cylinder. By 60K miles the power steering rack had to be replaced. After that it was a regular stream of repairs. Though the engine itself held up just about everything else broke at one time or another. Since the Japanese had managed to make cars that didn't do that for at least a decade it was inexcusable. That car soured me on Fords to this day.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:41 AM   #17
Fatbob
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
The 5 liter Monroe Handler was a sweet promotional special.

I don't know if any company ever got around to making a rotary powered motorcycle, but that would have been cool.

RX-7 & Cosmo Coupe
Fatbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:44 AM   #18
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

I had a couple of Pinto's that were pretty good cars. before you fall out of your chair laughing bear in mind

A. They were all over the place and a dime a dozen, the "exploding Pinto" scare made them almost worthless even though it was a five minute fix to correct the flaw.

B. They had almost bullet proof reliability, much like the Toyota 22R engine the Ford 2.3 OHC engine was brick simple and varients were used until the early 2000 models in the Ranger and Mazda pick-ups

C. The junkyards were full of them because even a minor fenderbender usually resulted in the owner insisting on a write-off, thus there was a ready supply of cheap used parts to keep them running.

D. A 4 speed Pinto with studded tires was more fun to drive in the snow and on dirt roads than should be legally allowed

E. And finally, they got pretty good gas mileage for the time. For all around cheap transportation they were a slam-dunk, you could even stuff a 74 in the back if it was in pieces.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...

Last edited by sarnali2 : 11-01-2012 at 07:46 AM.
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:24 AM   #19
jmdonald
Founding Member

Default A man

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
I had a couple of Pinto's that were pretty good cars. before you fall out of your chair laughing bear in mind

A. They were all over the place and a dime a dozen, the "exploding Pinto" scare made them almost worthless even though it was a five minute fix to correct the flaw.

B. They had almost bullet proof reliability, much like the Toyota 22R engine the Ford 2.3 OHC engine was brick simple and varients were used until the early 2000 models in the Ranger and Mazda pick-ups

C. The junkyards were full of them because even a minor fenderbender usually resulted in the owner insisting on a write-off, thus there was a ready supply of cheap used parts to keep them running.

D. A 4 speed Pinto with studded tires was more fun to drive in the snow and on dirt roads than should be legally allowed

E. And finally, they got pretty good gas mileage for the time. For all around cheap transportation they were a slam-dunk, you could even stuff a 74 in the back if it was in pieces.
A man sees lemons and he makes lemonade.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:56 PM   #20
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdonald View Post
A man sees lemons and he makes lemonade.

Lime-ade actually..

(one of them was green)

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote