Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle.Com Lounge (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/)
-   -   Pics of the Sporty (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/19466-pics-sporty.html)

Buzglyd 09-30-2011 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizuki (Post 267422)
Thanks! I've been digging on Sportsters since I was a pup, so it's kind of a dream bike for me (shut up, Buz. You too, Ken). I may go with Progressive springs in the front someday. And I have to peel those ugly reflectors off.

The H-D SE slip fit muffs are the way to go. The stock header pipes have a nice bend and look good.

I don't care for the look of a 2-1 pipe on a sporty.

And all kidding aside, it looks great. Your wife should be proud of her ride!

Ha!

V2Rider 09-30-2011 03:53 PM

Nice. I think Sportsters are one of the best looking bikes out there.

schizuki 09-30-2011 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12er (Post 267427)
homemade flat aluminum kickstand plate = Crushed beer can?

Heck, no. Piece of aluminum that I cut and filed. Rounded off the corners and everything. Even shot some grill paint on it.

Buzglyd 09-30-2011 05:51 PM

I see parking on the lawn is as popular in Maine as it is in the South.

trenttheuncatchable 09-30-2011 06:02 PM

Nice bike. Are you going to stick with chrome or add some black mufflers?

schizuki 09-30-2011 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trenttheuncatchable (Post 267442)
Nice bike. Are you going to stick with chrome or add some black mufflers?

Probably next year I'll go with the black SE slip-ons and the black buckshot pipe guards. Then I'll be ready to join the Humongus's gang and roam the wasteland raiding for gazzaline.

seruzawa 10-01-2011 05:22 PM

Nice looking bike in spite of the "dog dragging its tail" look.

schizuki 10-01-2011 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 267461)
Nice looking bike in spite of the "dog dragging its tail" look.

Not anymore. My backyard is a little lumpy, so you can't see that the tail is now raised and the mufflers are parallel to the ground now. It's got a Sportster stance again.

seruzawa 10-01-2011 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizuki (Post 267463)
Not anymore. My backyard is a little lumpy, so you can't see that the tail is now raised and the mufflers are parallel to the ground now. It's got a Sportster stance again.

Well good. Now if HD would only offer a Sporty with 17" wheels front and back at a reasonable cost. But I guess only the chopper look sells any more.

pushrod 10-03-2011 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizuki (Post 267444)
Probably next year I'll go with the black SE slip-ons and the black buckshot pipe guards. Then I'll be ready to join the Humongus's gang and roam the wasteland raiding for gazzaline.

Save your money!

Find some Stock tips cheap, and knock the baffles out. Scuff 'em and paint them with BBQ Black, and yer done!

Make sure you remove the baffles 'clean,' so you don't get that funny tweeting noise.

You'll need to re-map, though.

If you want to really show off, put a Titanium bolt in the bottom of the lower pipe. It'll spark like crazy when you drag the pipe in a corner!