Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 08-09-2011, 07:18 AM   #21
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12er View Post
Wait, What?

Yup, The truth is I bought the GT with the idea of going sport touring this year. The reality is that I work all the time and when I do go anywhere I prefer to ride the GS, so I figured I'd sell it and also get out of my long-in-the-tooth Explorer and get something new. I haven't owned a car since my '02 Altima and the Fusion is built on the Mazda 6 platform and gets excellent reviews so I figured why not???

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-09-2011, 07:41 AM   #22
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Yup, The truth is I bought the GT with the idea of going sport touring this year. The reality is that I work all the time and when I do go anywhere I prefer to ride the GS, so I figured I'd sell it and also get out of my long-in-the-tooth Explorer and get something new. I haven't owned a car since my '02 Altima and the Fusion is built on the Mazda 6 platform and gets excellent reviews so I figured why not???
Cager. Filthy rotten cager.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:43 AM   #23
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Cager. Filthy rotten cager.

want to move that motorsikkle son? you're taking up a whole parking space......

Old 08-09-2011, 08:13 AM   #24
pushrod
Founding Member

Quote:
I haven't owned a car since my '02 Altima and the Fusion is built on the Mazda 6 platform and gets excellent reviews so I figured why not???

Do they sell cars with 'sunroofs' where you live? If they do, what do they call them?

Judging from your taste in motorcycle and clothing colors, I'd guess you bought the Fusion in "Highway Department Yellow?"

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:58 AM   #25
12er
Founding Member

Quote:
So which one lasted longer, the GT or the Thruxton? I have a speed6 and love it but thats the last gen chassis. So did you get the Hybrid to fit in with the rest of the Seattlites?
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:45 AM   #26
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

It does have a sunroof, or as we call it an "I wonder if that leaks?" roof. Unfortunately HWY Dept. Yellow models as well as the Hybrids were predictably sold out, I settled for a nice sterling gray so it would blend in with the normally wet asphalt and render itself invisible to the Police. I of course only drink Starbucks "Fair Trade Certified" and Organic Coffee from 75% recycled post-consumer waste coffee cups while driving it to Trader Joes for my pole caught salmon and free range lamb and chicken........

The GT lasted longer than the Thruxton, I put a round 3k miles on the GT, I just preferred the GS in almost all situations. In my daily riding environment it just worked better. The GT was a fun bike, just didn't work for me. The Thruxton on the other hand was bought as a playbike to counterbalance my workhorse Trophy, when that got pasted I found the Thrux a little too cramped for a full time ride soooo...

There really is a method to my madness, it's just not always apparent.

Old 08-09-2011, 10:45 AM   #27
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
It does have a sunroof, or as we call it an "I wonder if that leaks?" roof. Unfortunately HWY Dept. Yellow models as well as the Hybrids were predictably sold out, I settled for a nice sterling gray so it would blend in with the normally wet asphalt and render itself invisible to the Police. I of course only drink Starbucks "Fair Trade Certified" and Organic Coffee from 75% recycled post-consumer waste coffee cups while driving it to Trader Joes for my pole caught salmon and free range lamb and chicken........

The GT lasted longer than the Thruxton, I put a round 3k miles on the GT, I just preferred the GS in almost all situations. In my daily riding environment it just worked better. The GT was a fun bike, just didn't work for me. The Thruxton on the other hand was bought as a playbike to counterbalance my workhorse Trophy, when that got pasted I found the Thrux a little too cramped for a full time ride soooo...

There really is a method to my madness, it's just not always apparent.
With the sunroof, you'll never have to take off the puffy hat.

Hopefully it has a cup holder big enough for the giant, stained coffee mug.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:12 PM   #28
12er
Founding Member

I understand your GS over the GT tendency. The GS just does it all, comfy, handles, goes, stops, turns, carries a ton of stuff, etc. They just need to move cyl head somewhere my shin doesnt go.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:06 AM   #29
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
They just need to move cyl head somewhere my shin doesnt go.
Hear, hear!
Old 08-10-2011, 11:54 AM   #30
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
I understand your GS over the GT tendency. The GS just does it all, comfy, handles, goes, stops, turns, carries a ton of stuff, etc. They just need to move cyl head somewhere my shin doesnt go.

Russell Day Long Saddles was able to re shape my seat pretty well. I had the pocket moved back and lower and the front raised to give myself more leg room and counteract the tendency to slide forward and squish my goolies. I also added a set of Touratech bar risers and adjustable desert pegs and it made the ergo's durn near perfect.

I don't know if it would work for you daddy longlegs types but there's a wide range of adjustability available. You just have to dial it all in. Just sayin'.......