Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 06-20-2011, 01:17 PM   #1
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

Default Jackass or Dumbass?

You decide:
'Jackass' star Ryan Dunn dies in car accident - MSN TV News

(Hint: the correct answer is BOTH)

Thomas Jefferson wrote that the 1st Amendment erected a "wall of separation" between the church and the state (James Madison said it "drew a line," but it is Jefferson's term that sticks with us today). The phrase is commonly thought to mean that the government should not establish, support, or otherwise involve itself in any religion.

Its.......A FACT!
Morbo the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-20-2011, 01:28 PM   #2
seruzawa
The Toad

Life imitates art.

Thought many would disagree that "Jackass" had anything to do with art.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:07 PM   #3
12er
Founding Member

I got the right answer!
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:11 PM   #4
pushrod
Founding Member

The real tragedy is he took someone with him.

Not that I would wish such a death on anyone (well, I can think of a couple that might qualify)...

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:20 PM   #5
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Excuse me, but this article is mistaken: Any crash involving alcohol or other perception-altering substances cannot be classified an "Accident".
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:49 PM   #6
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Excuse me, but this article is mistaken: Any crash involving alcohol or other perception-altering substances cannot be classified an "Accident".
Certainly it can. When you are walking through a bar 8 beers deep and dump a beer on a WWE wrestlers girlfriend are you going to claim it's intentional?
He may have been drunk, but it's obvious that he didn't intentionally wreck his car to kill himself and his passenger. Even a wreck of stupidity can be classified as an accident.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:32 PM   #7
tripleripple
Founding Member

Location: Lightly Fortified Compound (apartment): Chicago, IL

This actually is a sad and tragic loss. The car was a 2006 Porsche 911 GT3. Probably had low miles.
tripleripple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 05:11 AM   #8
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleripple View Post
This actually is a sad and tragic loss. The car was a 2006 Porsche 911 GT3. Probably had low miles.
It can never be proven, but I'd bet $1,000 he got into a corner too hot and lifted the accelerator. It's about the only way you can get that car to lose control.

Post-pubescent male teens will have to find a new idol to emulate. Maybe we can convince Sarnali to do a reality show on his GS.

Thomas Jefferson wrote that the 1st Amendment erected a "wall of separation" between the church and the state (James Madison said it "drew a line," but it is Jefferson's term that sticks with us today). The phrase is commonly thought to mean that the government should not establish, support, or otherwise involve itself in any religion.

Its.......A FACT!
Old 06-21-2011, 05:37 AM   #9
Sir_Angus
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
Certainly it can. When you are walking through a bar 8 beers deep and dump a beer on a WWE wrestlers girlfriend are you going to claim it's intentional?
He may have been drunk, but it's obvious that he didn't intentionally wreck his car to kill himself and his passenger. Even a wreck of stupidity can be classified as an accident.
The problem is that by calling it an "accident" implies no one is at fault. That's why police use the term "collision".

In your scenerio, a persons intention is immaterial. Without witnesses to the alleged beer dumping your scenerio is incomplete. However, the dumper may have been at fault even if the sequence of events leading up the eventual dumping was coincidence. Since, the dumper didn't take reasonable precautions to prevent the beer from dumping. However, on the flipside, the dumpee may have the burden of fault if their negligent actions resulted in causing the beer to dump. Either way it'll probably end in a Smack-Down.

Back to the article: In a single car collision its hard to argue anyone other than the driver is at fault. The picture being touted as evidence that he was drinking is just irresponsible of the media. I've posted drunken debauchery photos long after they happened, and unless the photo is time/date stamped, using it as evidence is careless.

My sympathies go out to the friends & family of both passengers.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:57 AM   #10
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Angus View Post

My sympathies go out to the friends & family of both passengers.
Fu<k him, fu<k his family, fu<k his friends. They were all enjoying his ill-gotten gains made from performing idiotic stunts that everyone knew stupid kids would emulate and get hurt. How many friends and families have been left with mangled children because of the crap this guy put out? Not to mention the fact that the guy single-handedly brought American culture to an entirely new low. Good riddance say I, we're all better off without him.

I do agree with your point on "accident" versus "crash." There's nothing "accidental" about drinking and driving and crashing (that photo was taken that night; witnesses said he was drinking just before getting in the car).

Its.......A FACT!