Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2011, 07:38 AM   #11
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

Mustn't be much going on in Philly when they interrupt the news to announce some useless bag o sh*t drunk driver kills himself. On a straight road no less.... If you feel any sympathy then think about you or a loved one riding along enjoying a nice ride when this a**hole decides to cross the centerline in front of you. Tends to put things in perspective
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-21-2011, 07:52 AM   #12
The_AirHawk
Founding Member
 
The_AirHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Leanin' Tower O' P-P-P-P-POWAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Posts: 11,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
Certainly it can. When you are walking through a bar 8 beers deep and dump a beer on a WWE wrestlers girlfriend are you going to claim it's intentional?
He may have been drunk, but it's obvious that he didn't intentionally wreck his car to kill himself and his passenger. Even a wreck of stupidity can be classified as an accident.
An "Accident" is something that no person could prevent. This particular incident does not qualify for that category. I did not wish him harm or death, I am not glad he is gone; but I cannot work myself up enough to feel "sorrow" at his passing. I could probably work up Anger, if I tried.
__________________
Parfois, on fait pas semblant
Sometimes, it's not pretend
Oderint Dum Metuant
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...

Last edited by The_AirHawk : 06-21-2011 at 07:54 AM.
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:54 AM   #13
tripleripple
Founding Member
 
tripleripple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Lightly Fortified Compound (apartment): Chicago, IL
Posts: 421
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbo the Destroyer View Post
Maybe we can convince Sarnali to do a reality show on his GS.
First episode...taking it offroad! I just hope the kids don't try that on their own.
tripleripple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:22 AM   #14
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

Lesson Number 1....Purchasing your GS including accessories.....




Bill's new Beemer 1200GS | Xtranormal
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:39 AM   #15
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Lesson Number 1....Purchasing your GS including accessories.....




Bill's new Beemer 1200GS | Xtranormal
Speaking of jackasses......
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:57 AM   #16
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Speaking of jackasses......

Settle down Sir......
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:06 AM   #17
Sir_Angus
Registered Member
 
Sir_Angus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbo the Destroyer View Post
Fu<k him, fu<k his family, fu<k his friends. They were all enjoying his ill-gotten gains made from performing idiotic stunts that everyone knew stupid kids would emulate and get hurt. How many friends and families have been left with mangled children because of the crap this guy put out? Not to mention the fact that the guy single-handedly brought American culture to an entirely new low. Good riddance say I, we're all better off without him.

I do agree with your point on "accident" versus "crash." There's nothing "accidental" about drinking and driving and crashing (that photo was taken that night; witnesses said he was drinking just before getting in the car).
So you're still kinda on the fence about this one, eh Ken?

I never financially supported the "Jacka#s" movies, so for the folks that did it's their cross to bear. We all know the consquences of drinking and drinking. It was only a matter of time for this guy with a self-destructive mentality. My life didn't improve because his ended, and I don't see him as an evil person. I won't lose sleep because he's gone either. Sorry, I can't muster that much contempt for a guy I'm barely familar with ... And my personal beliefs don't allow me to revel in someone else's misery regardless of the circumstances.


Side note: I compared "accident" to "collision".
__________________
"There is no conspiracy. Nobody is in charge. It's a headless blunder operating under the illusion of a master plan." - from the film Cube
Sir_Angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off