Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 03-25-2011, 10:45 AM   #11
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbo the Destroyer View Post
I get to buy a new central A/C instead of a motorcycle this year.

BUT IT Frikin ROCKS! It's a Trane XL20i. This baby is going to pump out 3.5 TONS of ice-cold awesomeness. It has a CAN-bus type data network between the air-handler, the DUAL compressors, and the thermostat. What about that thermostat, you ask? It's a HIGH-DEF, TOUCH SCREEN display with thousands of programming options. AND, I can put an app on my iPhone and program that ***** from anywhere in the world! Chicks are going to dig that: "Yeah baby, let me cool off the love nest from here at the bar, while we get you heated up." I even have to extend the A/C slab to hande this monster. You can't stop a Trane!

All that for the price of nice motorcycle. Am I lucky or WHAT!?!?!
How big is your house? 42,000btu/hr (3.5T) isn't very much. Hell, I've got a window-unit that's 22kbtu (1.8T). What SEER rating is the new unit?

Home and light-commercial HVAC is a frickin' Racket, no Union Crime-Boss needed. Nobody actually wants to "fix" the problems people have with their HVAC systems, they just add a bit of R134 or R22, and tell you what a Smokin' Deal they can cut you on a new system to replace that Old (3-year!), "Obsolete" system.....
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-25-2011, 10:48 AM   #12
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
I get to buy a new central A/C instead of a motorcycle this year.

BUT IT Frikin ROCKS! It's a Trane XL20i. This baby is going to pump out 3.5 TONS of ice-cold awesomeness. It has a CAN-bus type data network between the air-handler, the DUAL compressors, and the thermostat. What about that thermostat, you ask? It's a HIGH-DEF, TOUCH SCREEN display with thousands of programming options. AND, I can put an app on my iPhone and program that ***** from anywhere in the world! Chicks are going to dig that: "Yeah baby, let me cool off the love nest from here at the bar, while we get you heated up." I even have to extend the A/C slab to hande this monster. You can't stop a Trane!

All that for the price of nice motorcycle. Am I lucky or WHAT!?!?!

F*ck dude you RAWK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:59 AM   #13
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
How big is your house? 42,000btu/hr (3.5T) isn't very much. Hell, I've got a window-unit that's 22kbtu (1.8T). What SEER rating is the new unit?

Home and light-commercial HVAC is a frickin' Racket, no Union Crime-Boss needed. Nobody actually wants to "fix" the problems people have with their HVAC systems, they just add a bit of R134 or R22, and tell you what a Smokin' Deal they can cut you on a new system to replace that Old (3-year!), "Obsolete" system.....
Got to Hell, you limp-**** scrotum polisher! You and your window-rattling trailer blower...

The house is only 1,800 sq ft under air. I talked to the tech about a 4 ton, but he said with our high humidity, I'm better off running longer cycles to keep that under control. A 4 ton would cool so fast the air wouldn't dry. My system is 12 years old and it was HOT in the house last Summer. Plus the electric bill was a car payment. The SEER on this one is 11 or 12 (I'm pretty sure). They estimated a 16 to 18 SEER on the old one.

Thomas Jefferson wrote that the 1st Amendment erected a "wall of separation" between the church and the state (James Madison said it "drew a line," but it is Jefferson's term that sticks with us today). The phrase is commonly thought to mean that the government should not establish, support, or otherwise involve itself in any religion.

Its.......A FACT!
Morbo the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:13 AM   #14
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
The SEER on this one is 11 or 12 (I'm pretty sure). They estimated a 16 to 18 SEER on the old one.
You sure that's not bass-ackwards? Higher-SEER number is "better" (it's the ratio between the electricity used, and the amount of cooling the unit does - 18 SEER @ 3T = nearly twice as efficient as a 10 SEER @ 3T, in HVAC-Speak).

They increase efficiency nowadays by taking a tip from us Industrial Guys: You can never have "too much" Condenser.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...

Last edited by The_AirHawk : 03-25-2011 at 11:17 AM.
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:31 PM   #15
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
You sure that's not bass-ackwards? Higher-SEER number is "better" (it's the ratio between the electricity used, and the amount of cooling the unit does - 18 SEER @ 3T = nearly twice as efficient as a 10 SEER @ 3T, in HVAC-Speak).

They increase efficiency nowadays by taking a tip from us Industrial Guys: You can never have "too much" Condenser.
I DON'T KNOW! But it was a HELL of a demo; we'll just have to see what's in the box when it arrives. OK?!?!

Besides, I specifically asked the guy if I shouldn't get a bigger unit. I mean, if he can make more money, seems like he'd have done it. He said with my dual compressors and variable speed fan, I'm going to get blown every night. So there.

Thomas Jefferson wrote that the 1st Amendment erected a "wall of separation" between the church and the state (James Madison said it "drew a line," but it is Jefferson's term that sticks with us today). The phrase is commonly thought to mean that the government should not establish, support, or otherwise involve itself in any religion.

Its.......A FACT!

Last edited by Morbo the Destroyer : 03-25-2011 at 01:34 PM.
Morbo the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 02:30 PM   #16
pushrod
Founding Member

Keep the receipts, Ken!

There is a tax rebate, and maybe a State incentive will be re-introduced.

We have a Trane factory here, but they build the BMF units (commercial-type).

Otherwise, I'd try to hook you up!

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 04:58 PM   #17
12er
Founding Member

I'm in Kens shoes but been putting it off for 3 years. Love how the price has doubled in the past 5 years. My 1955 Gas furnace with a pilot light the size of a stove burner really needs to go. At least the insulation I added sure has been a godsend. Bought a portable AC for the bedroom and vented it out the crawl space under the house, works for now but only the bedroom.

Oh and Sarnali, congrats on the new pinwheel, I'll take the GS when you get bored of it.

Last edited by 12er : 03-25-2011 at 05:03 PM.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 05:26 PM   #18
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Congrats on the new scoot! Pics, please.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:51 PM   #19
schizuki
Founding Member

Geez, what a bunch of rich sumbatches.

I save a lot on my heating oil by being warmed by the thought of middle-class liberal environmentalists who have carbon footprints ten times mine.

900 sq ft and sixty bucks a month electricity bill, you Gaia-rapers!

(OK, only the conservatives are Gaia-rapers. The libs are Gaia-daters-who-hump-her-roofied-body-ers.)

Oh, yeah, congrats on the bike!

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:39 PM   #20
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

why don't you just open the dam* windows if it's too warm? that's all I do. With a nice breeze through the house those blistering 69 degree summer days aren't too bad......

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote