Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle.Com Lounge (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/)
-   -   Honda 750 (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/17834-honda-750-a.html)

sarnali2 03-17-2011 08:53 AM

I like the 2nd gen. Street Triples, the newer ones don't do a thing for me..... Definitely on the short list.

Being filthy rich like Buzglyde I can afford just about anything but I have specific bikes in mind. The simple fact is that the GS is so overwhelmingly awesome that it covers all the bases for functionality, I'm just looking for a jewel to fool around on and I don't care how many kittens have to die in the process!!!

Morbo the Destroyer 03-17-2011 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 257108)
Think Green! Go Electric!

We can't putting off Saving the Planet! for another minute!

A dolphin dies every time you start that old polluter.

I just ate a nice fried dolphin sandwich.

The_AirHawk 03-17-2011 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morbo the Destroyer (Post 257112)
I just ate a nice fried dolphin sandwich.

Mahi-Mahi is not "Dolphin".

Now, Orca-steak is F-Bomb'n delicious (as is the meat from all sentient and semi-sentient beings: just ask the Greys!).

pushrod 03-17-2011 09:20 AM

Personally, I prefer Manatee-chop sandwiches!

The 'other' other white meat!

Buzglyd 03-17-2011 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morbo the Destroyer (Post 257112)
I just ate a nice fried dolphin sandwich.

Killed by Sarah Palin no doubt!

Buzglyd 03-17-2011 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 257105)
That would be my pick. I got a pretty generous tax return so I've been looking for a play bike myself. The Sprint is in the running along with a 'Guzzi Coppa Italia and an airhead RS. I'm just cruisin' Craigslist to see what crops up

You didn't get a "generous" tax return. The gov't just took way too much of your hard-earned money.

Now go take yet another break and search for BMWs.

sarnali2 03-17-2011 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 257118)
You didn't get a "generous" tax return. The gov't just took way too much of your hard-earned money.

Now go take yet another break and search for BMWs.


I live to serve, if the gov't needs my tax dollars to support important programs then I'll just press 1 for English and ask them where to send the check...

The K1200 GT is on the list... I personally like the traditional BMW hand controls, don't your 1300 have the new style ones?

Buzglyd 03-17-2011 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 257121)
I live to serve, if the gov't needs my tax dollars to support important programs then I'll just press 1 for English and ask them where to send the check...

The K1200 GT is on the list... I personally like the traditional BMW hand controls, don't your 1300 have the new style ones?

The 1300 has the new controls. I never could figure out having three buttons for two turn signals.

12er 03-17-2011 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 257122)
The 1300 has the new controls. I never could figure out having three buttons for two turn signals.

So one more button than a harley is too many eh? I never got the outrage over the bmw switchgear when harley has the same thing but you have to wait for them to shut off instead of being able to cancel yourself. Oh wait, Harley riders dont use em, just that hand wave thing if anything. Nevermind, nothing to see here, move along...

Buzglyd 03-17-2011 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12er (Post 257125)
So one more button than a harley is too many eh? I never got the outrage over the bmw switchgear when harley has the same thing but you have to wait for them to shut off instead of being able to cancel yourself. Oh wait, Harley riders dont use em, just that hand wave thing if anything. Nevermind, nothing to see here, move along...

The Harley ones ARE self-cancelling (I guess no one else has figured that out yet) but you can easily shut them off just by hitting the button if they stay on too long for your tastes.

And I don't own one of those dang things!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:19 AM.