Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 02-17-2011, 11:06 AM   #1
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

Default Fuel Your Car or Bike with Water!

No, really. A Florida guy has figured out how to convert water into HHO, a gas that combines the atomic power of hydrogen and the chemical stability of water.

He initially developed it to power welding tools; an HHO powered torch can cut through steel or heat metal to molten-hot in seconds. Then he realized the same gas could power an I/C engine.

The patents have been filed, and now he's shopping the invention around. Several large carmakers have taken interest, and he's appearing before Congress. He built a demo car with an old Ford which went 100 miles on 4 ounces of water.

You can google "denny klien water engine" or variations and find a bunch of interesting links. Here's one:
Water Powered Car Demonstrated?

Thomas Jefferson wrote that the 1st Amendment erected a "wall of separation" between the church and the state (James Madison said it "drew a line," but it is Jefferson's term that sticks with us today). The phrase is commonly thought to mean that the government should not establish, support, or otherwise involve itself in any religion.

Its.......A FACT!
Morbo the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-17-2011, 11:38 AM   #2
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

How will this affect Goebbels Warning?

You know, there's only SO MUCH water in the Oceans - once it's gone, it's gone.........
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...

Last edited by The_AirHawk : 02-17-2011 at 01:27 PM.
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 12:01 PM   #3
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Just how many Shamwow's do you own Kenneth?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 12:06 PM   #4
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Just how many Shamwow's do you own Kenneth?
I feel sorry for guys like you, Buzz. There's no future in your world, just endless repetition of the same, tired, boring crap you've been doing your whole life. Terrified of change, clinging to the past, praying that nobody will make you think about, or do, anything new. In other words, the dictionary definition of "Conservative."

Fox News did a segement on the technology. You can find it on YouTube. There's a source you can be comfortable with, right?

Thomas Jefferson wrote that the 1st Amendment erected a "wall of separation" between the church and the state (James Madison said it "drew a line," but it is Jefferson's term that sticks with us today). The phrase is commonly thought to mean that the government should not establish, support, or otherwise involve itself in any religion.

Its.......A FACT!

Last edited by Morbo the Destroyer : 02-17-2011 at 12:10 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:47 PM   #5
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbo the Destroyer View Post
I feel sorry for guys like you, Buzz. There's no future in your world, just endless repetition of the same, tired, boring crap you've been doing your whole life. Terrified of change, clinging to the past, praying that nobody will make you think about, or do, anything new. In other words, the dictionary definition of "Conservative."

Fox News did a segement on the technology. You can find it on YouTube. There's a source you can be comfortable with, right?
Has nothing to do with fear Kenneth. I just like to cut through the BS.

Remember some years ago those two jokers in Utah claiming they had discovered "cold fusion?"

The Venture Capital crowd will always be behind a sound idea. Nothing wrong with that.

Maybe you could start sending the guy some seed money. Or maybe you want someone else to do it.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:41 PM   #6
Easy Rider 2
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbo the Destroyer View Post
No, really.
No sorry NOT really.

You might try Snopes.com.

HHO is just another way to denote H2O.

AND this myth continues to appear in slightly different forms every few years.

Used to be one born every minute; I think now its more like 10 every second.

Last edited by Easy Rider 2 : 02-17-2011 at 04:45 PM.
Easy Rider 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:46 PM   #7
schizuki
Founding Member

Ouch. That's gonna leave a mark.

“I believe virtually everything I read, and I think that is what makes me more of a selective human, than someone who doesn't believe anything.” - David St. Hubbins, guitarist and full-time dreamer, Spinal Tap.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:56 PM   #8
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I wonder if Fox News did a segment on the people who wrote comments on that website.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:31 AM   #9
schizuki
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
I wonder if Fox News did a segment on the people who wrote comments on that website.
Yeah, they seemed to mostly range from dumb and credulous...

WOW ITS COOL HOW U CAN MAKE YOUR OWN WATER POWERED CAR.I HOPE PLP WILL
GO WIT CARS LIKE THIS AND SAVE THE WORLD FROM CLOBAL WARMING!

...to full-bore paranoid...

be careful when you post this stuff inventors, some of these websites
are government decoys, so they can find out who you are and delete
you. efficiently. and quietly

I'm 44, and I can clearly remember just from the 1970s things like the "We're causing catastrophic global cooling" hysteria, the Audi "unintended acceleration" bullsh!t, economically-destructive Keynesian government stimulus, and this ancient, hoary "a car that runs on water" nonsense (and don't forget the 100-mpg carburetor inventor silenced by GM, Exxon and the gummint). It stuns me that people who have lived through these same events can maintain their credulity. Skepticism is not "fear of change", it's experiential logic.

I wouldn't mind people having their little enthusiasms if it didn't cost us trillions of dollars in the aggregate. Along with killing true innovation.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 05:31 AM   #10
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider 2 View Post
No sorry NOT really.

You might try Snopes.com.

HHO is just another way to denote H2O.

AND this myth continues to appear in slightly different forms every few years.

Used to be one born every minute; I think now its more like 10 every second.
You're wrong, not even close. HHO is NOT water, anymore than hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) is. Would you like a nice cold glass of iced H202, or did you take chemistry in High School?

The worst criticism of Klein I can find is this:

Writing on peswiki.com, Ken Rasmussen stated: "[Klein] may have an efficient way to break down water for pure hydrogen and oxygen to run an engine. Several of us are on the verge of perfecting the process, but none of us want to make fools of ourselves with TV claims until ALL the bugs are exterminated."
Read more: Cars run on water: Miracle or scam? Cars run on water: Miracle or scam?

Show me the Snopes article and I'll retract. You can't, there isn't one. Show me any reliable source that contradicts what I posted, and I'll retract.

Its.......A FACT!