Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 11-14-2010, 10:16 AM   #1
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default What Did You Drive?

Check out the cars that made America. My first car was a '51 Pontiac Silver Chief straight-8. The family had a '59 T-Bird with the 430 Lincoln motor, and finally Gramps sold that for a '68 GTO in Verdoro Green. Ah, we made stuff back then, stuff that was the envy of the world...

American Cars by Hans Tore Tangerud

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-14-2010, 10:20 AM   #2
acecycleins
Founding Member

The first car I ever owned was a hand me down 66 Chevy II w inline 6. Factory AC and the ability to spin thin tires like no 6 cyl- ever.
Old 11-14-2010, 12:08 PM   #3
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Yeah, I had a '64 Nova for a few months with the 4 cylinder and the power-glyde. It was such a tiny little car, you could do neutral drops and spin the one wheel wonder 'till the tire exploded. The car was pretty much indestructable.

I was amazed to see that same motor in my wife's '89 Cavalier, all hopped up with crank fired igniiton and a TBI. We drove that Cavilier everywhere, finally traded it in on a Isuzu Rodeo (the Cav had 200,000 miles on it, never missed a beat).

That pushrod 2.0 liter motor was tough as nails.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:29 AM   #4
schizuki
Founding Member

First car - '75 Firebird.

I was rockin' acid-washed jeans and Crue on the stereo. Yeah, I was that kid.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:30 AM   #5
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

My first car was an AMC Spirit. It lasted all of about 1 exit on the interstate and then died. Worst $500 I ever spent.

My second car was a 1985 Honda Civic. Plain-jane with 130K on the clock. I drove it for almost two years and sold it for the same amount I bought it. Best $500 I ever spent.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:30 AM   #6
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

My first car was an AMC Spirit. It lasted all of about 1 exit on the interstate and then died. Worst $500 I ever spent.

My second car was a 1985 Honda Civic. Plain-jane with 130K on the clock. I drove it for almost two years and sold it for the same amount I bought it. Best $500 I ever spent.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:40 AM   #7
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

An Austin-Healy Sprite. Bought it for $600 after working all summer between 10th and 11th grade. Traded it for my first bike, a '72 Yamaha R5B.
Morbo the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:46 AM   #8
acecycleins
Founding Member

I traded a fine GMC Caballero for a V Max in the 90s. The car was great except for the electrical gremlins. But the V-Max has a steal for the trade.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:55 AM   #9
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

The best handling/slowest car I ever owned was a '79 Trans Am with the 401 Oldsmobugger motor. It had the handling package, and could go around corners like it was on rails, but the motor was so underpowered I think the cooling fan must have pulled more HP than the motor. Sold it when I got married. Still had my '68 Goat which was just the opposite, worst handling/fastest car I ever owned. Looked a lot better than the TA with that big chicken on the hood. And yes, I had acid washed jeans and R.A.T. on the sterio when piloting the TA.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:07 AM   #10
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscuddy View Post
And yes, I had acid washed jeans and R.A.T. on the sterio when piloting the TA.
While listening to RATT, perhaps, or Dokken?