Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 11-15-2010, 04:01 PM   #21
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizuki View Post
F***in' hated Winger and Whitesnake and Poison, though. Pouty poodles. Way too ghey. Same for Def Leppard, although their first two albums kicked.
What about Dire Straights?

Get your money for nothin'
and you chicks for free.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-15-2010, 04:54 PM   #22
schizuki
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12er View Post
I'm with ya on all but whitesnake / Def. Check out the 10 albums prior to the "Whitesnake"
Now that you mention it, "Fool for Your Lovin'" kicked ass.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 04:56 PM   #23
schizuki
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbo the Destroyer View Post
One of my HS buddies got a brand new Pinto for his graduation gift. It was great right up to 12k miles. Then the dash cracked, the handles broke, the uphostry split.

At least it didn't explode!
Mine was red, just like the one in Top Secret.

*ding* KA-BLAMMO!!!!

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:58 PM   #24
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

First car I bought was a '65 Fairlane 500 when I was in the Navy for $150. Me and some shippies drove it half way to Mardi Gras, I say half way because it took a poop in the middle of Stumpf*ck West Virginia and we wound up hitchhiking back to Norfolk. The second one was a $350 '67 bug that I beat to tears and still kept on truckin'. I sold it to another BT for $200 and a bag o' bud the day I got out.

All those '80's butt rock hair bands were total f*ggots, with the exception of Scorpions and Judas Priest who actually were, well Rob was anyway. Thank God for New Wave and Techno Punk in the 80's or I'd have just gave up on music.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:04 PM   #25
schizuki
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
Who remembers the NYC band RIOT? Rhett Forrester was the lead singer.
Holy sh**! I thought I was the only person who knew that band! Restless Breed is literally my favorite all-time album. Rhett was, IMO, the greatest vocalist of all time. Just edges out Paul Rodgers of Bad Company in my book.

I think the only reason Riot never succeeded was their atrocious album covers featuring the worst mascot of all time. That sea-lion-whatever thingy was the anti-Eddie.

Saw them open for Scorpions and Rainbow. I was there for Riot.

Acecycleins, you are my hero.

I'm in the CIA, hey hey... and I'll blow your face away...

(Oh, and please give my best wishes to Lucky and tell him his brother has a huge fan here)

Last edited by schizuki : 11-15-2010 at 05:07 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:32 PM   #26
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
What about Dire Straights?

Get your money for nothin'
and you chicks for free.
DUDE- Ken's mom is a Dire Straights fan. When I rode down a few years ago to go to Daytona I was invited to stay at Ken's mom's spooky million year old house. No tv. Just books and music. It's like a museum but with a cooler music library. Her view off the back porch was great. Did I mention she's a MENSA member? I think she is anyway. Seems like I remember hearing that. She reminded me of my 8th grade English teacher, but with a sense of humor.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:43 PM   #27
acecycleins
Founding Member

schiz- Rhett was a great guy. Before he died his leg was hurt badly and he was living in Atlanta recovering. This was somewhere around 1990-91. He wanted to start a new band (Mr Dirty) with Lucky on lead guitar. Lucky is an amazing songwriter, lead singer, back up singer and guitarist. Lucky's style of writing actually expanded Rhett's vocal ability. Lucky was one of the few writer's that could write songs from a folk-rock to a heavy metal perspective. Kind of like Kevn Kenny from Drivin n Cryin.
Glad there's fans left. One summer Lucky and I were cruising an album show and came across one of the old Riot albums and Lucky felt like he'd just received a Babe Ruth rookie card. It was pretty rare to find Riot stuff by 1990 in Atlanta.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:17 PM   #28
schizuki
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
One summer Lucky and I were cruising an album show and came across one of the old Riot albums and Lucky felt like he'd just received a Babe Ruth rookie card. It was pretty rare to find Riot stuff by 1990 in Atlanta.
I've got a live 6-song EP I will never part with (Riot Live). The CD version looks like it, but is completely different, with Guy Speranza on vocals. No disrespect to Guy, but you can't beat Rhett doing Swords & Tequila.

Old 11-15-2010, 06:33 PM   #29
schizuki
Founding Member

If you like Bad Company and want to try them with a dash of spicy Southern barbeque, you'll like Riot. Here's the Amazon page for Restless Breed. Click on Preview All Songs:

Amazon.com: Restless Breed (Reis): Riot: Music

Old 11-15-2010, 06:47 PM   #30
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Wow, they were damn good, now Thin Lizzy.....