Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 07-19-2010, 06:39 PM   #1
acecycleins
Founding Member

Default What rights?

This article that is referred to was written by the very anti-Bush Washington Post. The reporter referred to has her own liberal slant but is a Pulitzer winner so must be educated and well informed.

Presidential assassinations of U.S. citizens - Glenn Greenwald - Salon.com

Notice how is not ok for GW to imprision terrorist indefinitely but it's certainly ok for Barry to kill American Citizens that are on a "hit list" of terrorist deemed to be homegrown or not- like the Tea Party or like conservative troublemakers.

'xplain that!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-20-2010, 06:37 AM   #2
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Kirk, the article condemns Obama just as much as Dubya for this policy.

"Barack Obama, like George Bush before him, has claimed the authority to order American citizens murdered based solely on the unverified, uncharged, unchecked claim that they are associated with Terrorism and pose "a continuing and imminent threat to U.S. persons and interests."

"Can anyone remotely reconcile that righteous proclamation with what the Obama administration is doing? And more generally, what legal basis exists for the President to unilaterally compile hit lists of American citizens he wants to be killed?"
Old 07-20-2010, 08:11 AM   #3
acecycleins
Founding Member

I didn't say it didn't. I'm saying that W would have never pushed the envelope so far. I think that the Justice Dept and the CIA are being pushed into a direction that is more than iffy. That's a big issue with me.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:09 PM   #4
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

It appears to me from the article that Obama has continued a policy set by Bush. A policy I find reprehensible and inexcusable.

Regardless of who started it, if Obama's administration is doing this, they need to be stopped.