Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle.Com Lounge (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/)
-   -   Movie:Avatar (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/15111-movie-avatar.html)

Kenneth_Moore 04-28-2010 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 240495)

"All that money. You could have bought a really nice bike for that."

Kenneth_Moore 04-28-2010 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 240506)
Heh! MST3K FTW!(F-Bomb The World!) See my post above!

Are they still around? I used to love that show.

sarnali2 04-28-2010 10:19 AM

my kids are bugging me to buy Avatar, not really interested myself. i really don't need "re-educating"

The_AirHawk 04-28-2010 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 240512)
Are they still around? I used to love that show.

<sighs>

Are the embedded Links not showing up on your end?

RiffTrax | We don't make movies, we make them funny!

DisplayThickbox | RiffTrax

seruzawa 04-28-2010 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 240515)
my kids are bugging me to buy Avatar, not really interested myself. i really don't need "re-educating"

I'll pick up a used copy next year. How can I not own such an amusing example of a product from a billionaire who thinks he's an anti-capitalist?

It was all I could do to keep from laughing and groaning out loud in the theater. It'll be a real hoot with a couple friends and some tequila shooters.

schizuki 04-28-2010 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 240493)
"Is it just me or did it steal the plot from the Last Samauri?"

No, plot stolen from Dances with Wolves.

You're both right. Dances with Wolves, Dances with Pandas, and Dances with Smurfs share the same plotline. White man becomes disillusioned with corrupt, inferior Western society, goes native with noble, superior unwhite people, then rescues unwhite people from Western people through application of superior Western techniques.

It's the multiculti leftard's fantasy of both being accepted by brown people, and saving them. It used to be called White Man's Burden in less enlightened times. Either way it's self-congratulatory, condescending, paternalistic horsesh**.

sarnali2 04-28-2010 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizuki (Post 240519)
You're both right. Dances with Wolves, Dances with Pandas, and Dances with Smurfs share the same plotline. White man becomes disillusioned with corrupt, inferior Western society, goes native with noble, superior unwhite people, then rescues unwhite people from Western people through application of superior Western techniques.

It's the multiculti leftard's fantasy of both being accepted by brown people, and saving them. It used to be called White Man's Burden in less enlightened times. Either way it's self-congratulatory, condescending, paternalistic horsesh**.

You mean they really don't want us to save them from themselves???????

seruzawa 04-28-2010 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizuki (Post 240519)

You mean like, "We love everyone, even those who are too inferior to solve their own problems and need our superior benevolent guidance?" Those "caring" types?

They've "helped" the inner cities enough already. Any more of their "help" and those places will be graveyards. I'll take straight racists any day over those limousine egalitarians. The egalitarians are far more dangerous. Who ever thought that "free money" could become a trap more powerful than actual chains?

pplassm 04-28-2010 01:01 PM

I saw Avatar in 3D with my daughter. She didn't understand why I hated the movie so much. Took a little explaining.

Fantastic graphics, though.

I did notice that they were selective about the use of 3D. It was most pronounced in areas where the director wanted your attention. If your view drifted, the effect was lost.

Buzglyd 04-28-2010 01:58 PM

You guys are walking the line. The MO nannies are going to come rushing in any minute.