Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 04-16-2010, 10:38 AM   #1
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Rednecks are always a good time

At least he wore that protective beanie helmet.

Riding an Exploding Airbag Can Only End Well - Airbag - Gizmodo
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-16-2010, 10:45 AM   #2
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Man, what were they thinking? See what happens when you soak your morning corn flakes with Mickeys Malt Liquor?

Buz, have you ridden the Huffy lately? Or has it completley vibrated into a big pile of parts...

Man, that Indian thread turned nasty, you know it's over the top when the Duke of Oil gets involved.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:56 AM   #3
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscuddy View Post
Man, what were they thinking? See what happens when you soak your morning corn flakes with Mickeys Malt Liquor?

Buz, have you ridden the Huffy lately? Or has it completley vibrated into a big pile of parts...

Man, that Indian thread turned nasty, you know it's over the top when the Duke of Oil gets involved.
I puttered around on the Huffy a few weeks ago. I let my neighbor ride it because he's restoring an '83-84 Yamaha RZ350. I used it to soften him up so I can take the RZ off his hands.

He and his roommate are out of commission now. They had a huge wipeout in the desert. They both went off a razorback and fell about two stories. They laid in the desert unconscious for two hours until someone found them.

One has two shattered arms and the other has a shattered arm and busted face.

I should just move the RZ in my garage right now.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 12:28 PM   #4
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Man, that's bad whan you eat it big in the old dez. Hope your neighbor heals up ok.

Same thing happened to me in '84 on my XL600R. I was chasing my buddy Mike on his CR480 with that horrible handling XL and I hit a raod-berm at speed.

Next thing I remember I was waking up in my bed at home, with big burns on my back from the headpipes on the 600. Didn't know what hit me. I thought the Pearsons had got drunk again, beat me up and threw me in the fire pit (a common occurance).

Turns out I had been pinned under that 300 lb. six hundred all day in the hot sun, with everybody in camp looking for me. They finally found me, and brought me back to camp, and laid me down in the back of my Datsun pick-up. I laid there for a few hours I guess, in the shade all busted up and sun stroked.

My buddy Rick said that everybody was sitting around the fire that night, when they heard my truck start up, and saw it banzai across El Mirage at speed. I didn't remember a thing. Still don't.

Guess you only have so much luck.