Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 03-28-2010, 07:02 AM   #1
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Default Highest paid NASCAR drivers

As per this Yahoo! article, Dale Jr. ranks as the highest paid NASCAR driver, with earnings over $30 million in 2009. This goes to show that a driver's worth to NASCAR isn't as dependent upon winning as some may believe. Here is the article:

NASCAR's highest-paid drivers - NASCAR - Yahoo! Sports

Quote:

“NASCAR needs Dale Jr. to be competitive, because he is so closely associated with the success of the sport. [As] go the fortunes of Junior, so goes NASCAR,”

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-28-2010, 07:05 AM   #2
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Our earnings estimates include salaries, endorsements and the drivers’ share of track winnings and licensing income. Earnhardt’s immense popularity translates into big dollars in each of these areas outside of track winnings."

Maybe you should learn how to read Pulley.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:11 AM   #3
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Default Mr. Irrelevant

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
"Our earnings estimates include salaries, endorsements and the drivers’ share of track winnings and licensing income. Earnhardt’s immense popularity translates into big dollars in each of these areas outside of track winnings."

Maybe you should learn how to read Pulley.
Don't follow. Maybe you should.

My point is that the highest earning driver is the one with arguably the least amount of tangible results. And the lack of results in no way has harmed his earning potential. Ergo, Danica Patrick, while unsuccessful can also be a "tool" to future earnings and success, both for herself and for NASCAR.

Perhaps it's not about the winning, after all.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:19 AM   #4
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Ergo, Danica Patrick, while unsuccessful can also be a "tool" to future earnings and success, both for herself and for NASCAR. "

Did you just figure that all out today, or did someone help you?
Old 03-28-2010, 07:33 AM   #5
A Star Ride
Registered Member

Sprocket's stand on this since it began was that you don't have to win races to be "successful". This article states that the top paid driver has 1 win in 2 years and finished 25th in points. I think it shows his point.
I'll assume Danica's earnings will rank higher then her points but I don't think it'll be a 1:25 ratio. Ya don't have to have tits to be a NASCAR novelty, you can be the little boy of a former champ too.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:37 AM   #6
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Ya don't have to have tits to be a NASCAR novelty, you can be the little boy of a former champ too."

That little boy of a champion was a NASCAR champion himself more than once. Danica was a champion at nothing. Danica never ran against the best in NASCAR in her entire life. Now try and dispute that.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:41 AM   #7
Buzglyd
Founding Member

You dang hayseeds can't get enough of Jr. even though he rarely runs near the front. I can't believe people tattoo his number on their bodies.

Of course, being from San Diego, it gives me much pleasure to see a local boy run rings around the bumpkins with the funny accents. I'll just ignore the fact that Jimmy is from the East County which is the most redneck area of San Diego.

Anywho, have any of y'all watched the 4 wide drags? Holy $hit! Turn it on today. They are funning Top Fuel and Funny Car 4 wide instead of two in NC today. Qualifying has been awesome so far.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 07:46 AM   #8
A Star Ride
Registered Member

Danica is newer to the sport and is a rising star, Jr has been on the decline & continues to decline even with Hendricks Motorsports support. I'm not a NASCAR historian but did Richard Petty ever win a series championship in the lower ranks? (or did they even exist then?) Danica is and will be profitable, that cannot be disputed. If your wanting to continue the route that there are more deserving drivers without opportunity, fill the 88 car with someone new & hungry instead. I don't dobut theres alot of undiscovered talent everywhere for all spots.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:48 AM   #9
A Star Ride
Registered Member

I'd heard about the 4 wide drags on the radio, great idea
Old 03-28-2010, 08:10 AM   #10
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Star Ride View Post
Danica is newer to the sport and is a rising star, Jr has been on the decline & continues to decline even with Hendricks Motorsports support. I'm not a NASCAR historian but did Richard Petty ever win a series championship in the lower ranks? (or did they even exist then?) Danica is and will be profitable, that cannot be disputed. If your wanting to continue the route that there are more deserving drivers without opportunity, fill the 88 car with someone new & hungry instead. I don't dobut theres alot of undiscovered talent everywhere for all spots.
Correctamundo. Racing is not always about talent. Running a profitable team doesn't always mean you need the best driver. You just need one that can sell ad space.

Danica and Jr. are perfect examples of this. She's only won one race in Indycar and that was a fuel strategy race. Funny how Sarah Fisher has raced Indycars for ten years and the MSM has no idea who she is.

She's not cute.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote