Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 03-28-2010, 08:26 AM   #11
jmdonald
Founding Member

Default I'd watch oval track racing if

I'd watch oval track racing if Danica was naked and in full view of the in car camera. NASCAR like any other competion spectacle is about the money. More power to them if they can draw an audience winning or not.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-28-2010, 08:44 AM   #12
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"If your wanting to continue the route that there are more deserving drivers without opportunity, fill the 88 car with someone new & hungry instead."

Name one.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:48 AM   #13
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Danica is newer to the sport and is a rising star,...."

Really? Tell me about all her fantastic finishes then. She won one race on gas mileage in 5 years in a shytty series with mostly bad drivers. If she didn't have a set of tits, you wouldn't even mention her. That's pretty much that. She isn't a rising anything. She's female, that got her where she is and where she is going to go. She's a clown act. Nothing more and nothing less. A real rising star is Joey Logano. Go compare his career to Danica, and you will see who the bad joke is.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:51 AM   #14
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdonald View Post
I'd watch oval track racing if Danica was naked and in full view of the in car camera. NASCAR like any other competion spectacle is about the money. More power to them if they can draw an audience winning or not.
You got it.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:04 AM   #15
A Star Ride
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Correctamundo. Racing is not always about talent. Running a profitable team doesn't always mean you need the best driver. You just need one that can sell ad space.

Danica and Jr. are perfect examples of this. She's only won one race in Indycar and that was a fuel strategy race. Funny how Sarah Fisher has raced Indycars for ten years and the MSM has no idea who she is.

She's not cute.
Cute counts for ALOT. How many teens & 20-ish fans we see running arround with "88" haltertops who have no clue what the lucky dog rule is? If they have the $22 for half a tee shirt I'll take their money, and Nascar, Hendricks will too.

Last edited by A Star Ride : 03-28-2010 at 09:11 AM.
A Star Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:05 AM   #16
A Star Ride
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
"If your wanting to continue the route that there are more deserving drivers without opportunity, fill the 88 car with someone new & hungry instead."

Name one.
On the last round of this argument did you not complain there were hundreds of more talented drivers better deserving of a cup ride? I thought you knew who they are.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:11 AM   #17
A Star Ride
Registered Member

Quote:

Really? Tell me about all her fantastic finishes then. She won one race on gas mileage in 5 years in a shytty series with mostly bad drivers. If she didn't have a set of tits, you wouldn't even mention her. That's pretty much that. She isn't a rising anything. She's female, that got her where she is and where she is going to go. She's a clown act. Nothing more and nothing less. A real rising star is Joey Logano. Go compare his career to Danica, and you will see who the bad joke is.
Joey kicks ass I agree but danica is rising because her income does, thats the bottom line. Sell more chit, make more appearances, sign more endorcements, your popularity is rising & your successful. This isnt about comparing Joey's stats against Danicas, she is more marketable mostly because shes cute, and female. There are alot of female NASCAR fans and theres alot of ad $'s out there to market toward them. If you were Stayfree, Loreal, breast cancer, etc. Would you want the cute chick on your ad or settle for any one of the guys?
Old 03-28-2010, 09:20 AM   #18
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:

Shytty series maybe but I would make the mostly bad drivers comment. There are a lot of great drivers in Indy Car. There's just no cash and the series (which used to be on of the best in the world) was ruined by the civil war.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:38 AM   #19
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Shytty series maybe but I would make the mostly bad drivers comment. There are a lot of great drivers in Indy Car. There's just no cash and the series (which used to be on of the best in the world) was ruined by the civil war.
Ruined because the professionals forgot that their real job was to have customers. Like Major League baseball when the players and owners blew off the fans and canceled the World Series. It never recovered. Indy car became a joke when they banned new technology and made it a dinosaur series. No turbine cars, sorry. No viewers either.

Nascar doesn't seem to be making that mistake. Big crowds need competitive privateers as well as factory teams and lots of spectacle. Too bad the AMA never learned that, being too busy sucking up to HD and then the Big4.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:05 AM   #20
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
She's only won one race in Indycar and that was a fuel strategy race. Funny how Sarah Fisher has raced Indycars for ten years and the MSM has no idea who she is.

She's not cute.
Sarah Fisher DID get coverage years ago.

At least Danica did yeild results over the past three years (a win, multiple top-10 finishes and top-10 end of season points standings), whereas Sarah did not. Apples and oranges, my good man. Apples and oranges.