Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 03-27-2010, 02:07 PM   #1
seruzawa
The Toad

Default As was predicted...

The ObamaCare Writedowns - WSJ.com

And instantly the perpetrators are using their govt power to "investigate". Actually are just Stalinist show trials.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-27-2010, 06:32 PM   #2
schizuki
Founding Member

"You corporations need regulation! You hide your finances to paint an overly-rosy picture that misleads ordinary-Joe investors!"

"OK. The health insurane bill will cost us millions."

"That is incorrect thinking! Wrecker!"

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 06:09 AM   #3
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I'm thinking all this Health Care Bill nonsense would have never come about if people would have just policed themselves and done things the way everyone wanted them to. We just brought it all on ourselves by not doing the right thing. We deserved what we got. Sound familiar??
Old 03-28-2010, 06:40 AM   #4
schizuki
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
I'm thinking all this Health Care Bill nonsense would have never come about if people would have just policed themselves and done things the way everyone wanted them to. We just brought it all on ourselves by not doing the right thing. We deserved what we got. Sound familiar??
You're pretty obsessed with justifying yourself for being Mr. I Don't Give a F*** What People Think.

You do realize your nonsensensical pseudo-parallels make your position look even more foolish, right?

Pretty soon you're going to start equating my criticism of straight-pipe douches with the Roman's crucifixion of Jesus Christ.

Keep going, though. It's funny as sh!t.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 06:50 AM   #5
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

The Big Dig:
When construction began, the project cost, including the Charles River crossing, was estimated at $5.8 billion. Eventual cost overruns were so high that the chairman of the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority, James Kerasiotes, was fired in 2000. His replacement had to commit to an $8.55 billion cap on federal contributions. Total expenses eventually passed $15 billion. Interest brought this cost to $21.93 billion.

---------------------------------

In the end the cost of the project was 4x greater than the original budget, took five years longer than planned, plus $1.1 billion of the cost-overruns alone are tied to the mistakes.The San Francisco-based construction giant Bechtel, that ran the Big Dig construction, received $264 million beyond what its original contracts called for, in part because Bechtel received additional money to fix its own errors. The errors included blueprints that had glaring mistakes that had to be redone, tunnels containing 'thousands of leaks', substandard materials, and a fatal ceiling collapse.

Did the government learn ANYTHING from this? No. The government granted Bechtel Iraq War Contracts.

As we all know, this is not the only example of a poorly run government program that went over budget, contained lost funds, resulted in missed deadlines, and was produced with substandard materials.

The Health Care program will be no different.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 06:53 AM   #6
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizuki View Post
You're pretty obsessed with justifying yourself for being Mr. I Don't Give a F*** What People Think.

You do realize your nonsensensical pseudo-parallels make your position look even more foolish, right?

Pretty soon you're going to start equating my criticism of straight-pipe douches with the Roman's crucifixion of Jesus Christ.

Keep going, though. It's funny as sh!t.

I think a guy that lectures people on the evils of illegally loud pipes while running one himself is funny. I also think someone that has their whole day ruined from 10 whole seconds of noise is funny. I also think that anyone that is scared to do things just because someone may outlaw them is funny. Yes I do look foolish. Telling the truth does that to me.

Last edited by longride : 03-28-2010 at 07:02 AM.
longride is offline   Reply With Quote