Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 03-26-2010, 09:17 PM   #11
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I think I figured it out here. If guns weren't so loud, they probably woudn't ban them. Maybe if the idiots that fire them would make them a lot quieter, we would all live happy lives. Just a thought.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-27-2010, 03:25 AM   #12
mugwump58
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
I've heard that Texas has had Jefferson removed from school history books and replaced with Thomas Aquinas. They may be watching you.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:25 AM   #13
schizuki
Founding Member

Quote:
I think I figured it out here. If guns weren't so loud, they probably woudn't ban them. Maybe if the idiots that fire them would make them a lot quieter, we would all live happy lives. Just a thought.
Excellent use of facts/data.

Silencers are legal in Britain, on the common-sense grounds that they're far more useful for being courteous than for criminal acts.

You also bring up a point about pipes that I hadn't thought of. What happens when the attention-seeking straight-pipe douches get all aftermarket pipes outlawed? They'll probably turn to walking down the street and shooting off guns or fireworks. Or fireworks inside of trombones next to PA systems. Their deep love of their personal liberty to p!ss all over everybody else's day cannot be denied.

Freedom!

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 09:02 AM   #14
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizuki View Post
Excellent use of facts/data.

Silencers are legal in Britain, on the common-sense grounds that they're far more useful for being courteous than for criminal acts.

You also bring up a point about pipes that I hadn't thought of. What happens when the attention-seeking straight-pipe douches get all aftermarket pipes outlawed? They'll probably turn to walking down the street and shooting off guns or fireworks. Or fireworks inside of trombones next to PA systems. Their deep love of their personal liberty to p!ss all over everybody else's day cannot be denied.

Freedom!

Naw, they'll just move on to something else but they'll brag about "doing the biker thing" for awhile to shock their neighbors at the annual community 4th of July BBQ and (supervised) fireworks display. Might even get a little ginch out of the deal from the more "adventurous" wives with the insurance salesman for a hubby who'd rather play golf with the boys than dip his wick in the ol' honey pot...

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...

Last edited by sarnali2 : 03-27-2010 at 09:04 AM.
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 07:05 AM   #15
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Their deep love of their personal liberty to p!ss all over everybody else's day cannot be denied."

I thought that was the very definition of 'personal liberty'. When Larry Flynt created Hustler Mag, it pissed off plenty of people too. He won in the Supreme Court though. Funny that. Just think of what you will do when they outlaw everything you do that pi$$es people off. Being annoyed hardly makes you correct or insightful.......just annoyed.

Last edited by longride : 03-28-2010 at 07:13 AM.
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 07:45 AM   #16
schizuki
Founding Member

Quote:
When Larry Flynt created Hustler Mag, it pissed off plenty of people too. He won in the Supreme Court though. Funny that. Just think of what you will do when they outlaw everything you do that pi$$es people off. Being annoyed hardly makes you correct or insightful.......just annoyed.
Well, now I'm REALLY pissed. Where was I when Larry was forcing Hustler magazines into the hands of thousands of people who didn't want them, and forcing them to look at the pictures? I would have appreciated one at that age!

And how the hell did he get away with forcing them on children?

Another brilliant parallel from Longride.

Freedom!

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 07:57 AM   #17
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizuki View Post
Well, now I'm REALLY pissed. Where was I when Larry was forcing Hustler magazines into the hands of thousands of people who didn't want them, and forcing them to look at the pictures? I would have appreciated one at that age!

And how the hell did he get away with forcing them on children?

Another brilliant parallel from Longride.

Freedom!

Just like you, pissed off people are rarely correct.....just pissed off. Larry did things that people didn't like and he refused to stop doing them at the threat of being shut down. In other words he wasn't a pansy like most lemmings are. He didn't 'police himself' like all of us are supposed to do. His 'neighbors' didn't like him either. In other words, he was my kinda guy.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:32 AM   #18
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

When we first moved into our house in Burbank, every time I'd ride my street-legal YZ490 to work, at 7:30 in the morning there would be some a hole down the street standing in the middle of the road shaking a 2x4 at me. Of course I'd just loft the front wheel and aim for him, chase him right back into his front yard. My neighbors still refuse to speak with me, until they need to borrow a tool or a ladder or something. F 'em.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:44 AM   #19
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscuddy View Post
When we first moved into our house in Burbank, every time I'd ride my street-legal YZ490 to work, at 7:30 in the morning there would be some a hole down the street standing in the middle of the road shaking a 2x4 at me. Of course I'd just loft the front wheel and aim for him, chase him right back into his front yard. My neighbors still refuse to speak with me, until they need to borrow a tool or a ladder or something. F 'em.

Total Bullsh*t!!! according to the commercial I saw last night everyone in California is a happy smiling vintner who makes wonderful plonk in their backyard wineries, the people were all happy and smiling and Arnie and Maria themselves welcomed and invited me to come for a sip. Now you say some ya-hoo is waving a stick of lumber at you..Ha!

I ain't buyin it brewster, Arnie wouldn't lie and Maria's a Kennedy kin, we know how honest they are!

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:58 AM   #20
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Total Bullsh*t!!! according to the commercial I saw last night everyone in California is a happy smiling vintner who makes wonderful plonk in their backyard wineries, the people were all happy and smiling and Arnie and Maria themselves welcomed and invited me to come for a sip. Now you say some ya-hoo is waving a stick of lumber at you..Ha!

I ain't buyin it brewster, Arnie wouldn't lie and Maria's a Kennedy kin, we know how honest they are!
Kalif is a great place to vacation. You just need to get one of those special maps so you know the cities and districts to avoid so you don't get robbed and murdered in broad daylight because you are the wrong color or wearing the wrong color.