Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 03-25-2010, 01:44 PM   #1
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Yee-haw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
Yeah, let's shed a tear for the poor rich guys who have to step down to a Harley CVO instead of getting the Chief! Never mind the 10-20 million Americans looking to find a full-time job. And thank goodness for Dub-yah taking great care of the banking industry!
Looks like you guys are also giving health insurance for the poor, bloody hell. Last industrialized country to do so. This is going to make all of you deliriously happy: I am finally starting to consider US a civilized country.

It was about a fugging time

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-25-2010, 02:02 PM   #2
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrajala View Post
Looks like you guys are also giving health insurance for the poor, bloody hell. Last industrialized country to do so. This is going to make all of you deliriously happy: I am finally starting to consider US a civilized country.

- cruiz-euro
Well, the main difference will be we'll also be the last Industrialized Country to go broke Nationalizing everything.

All according to Plan............
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:12 PM   #3
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrajala View Post

- cruiz-euro
You are such an idiot. We only allow you to post here for the laughs.

The uninsured can already get better and faster treatment than you will ever see simply by walking into a hospital.

But socialized medicine isn't about medicine. It's about envy. As long as everyone gets the same crappy care you are happy.

For that matterthe new law only forces everyone to buy private insurance. So it's not at all what you assume it it.

As I said, you are an idiot. Maybe some day you'll think of something else to complain about besides healthcare and your own motorcycle. It's getting tiring after 7 years.

Last edited by seruzawa : 03-25-2010 at 04:12 PM.
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:36 PM   #4
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Competition improves the breed, in everything from road racers to health care plans.

Who do you think folks from Canada on a 3 year wait list for an artifical knee come to the US to have it done asap?

I belong to Kaiser, who not only saved my ass from financial ruin, but my life too. One of the three best healthcare systems in the USA, which means on the Earth.

But I work for a living, so I guess that make me an uncaring nazi when it comes to health care for the poor. They can spend millions on Haiti, but give our own homeless the finger.

And in your own country, health care is a joke! And you can't deny it.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:43 PM   #5
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscuddy View Post
Competition improves the breed, in everything from road racers to health care plans.

Who do you think folks from Canada on a 3 year wait list for an artifical knee come to the US to have it done asap?

I belong to Kaiser, who not only saved my ass from financial ruin, but my life too. One of the three best healthcare systems in the USA, which means on the Earth.

But I work for a living, so I guess that make me an uncaring nazi when it comes to health care for the poor. They can spend millions on Haiti, but give our own homeless the finger.

And in your own country, health care is a joke! And you can't deny it.
For every story here in the US about the poor so-and-so who didn't get the healthcare they needed, there is ALSO a story about a so-and-so in Canada or England that died because they didn't get in fast enough to get an MRI or see a doctor. The katana cuts both ways, my friend. (not you, Cuddy)
Old 03-25-2010, 04:42 PM   #6
acecycleins
Founding Member

There are only two things Barry needed to do to build the healthcare legacy: 1- Tort reform 2- allow the companies to standardize the platforms nationwide to avoid these stupid state to state mandates.
That would allow people to buy insurance al-a-cart. In turn, making premiums affordable. But what do I know about insurance.......
Old 03-25-2010, 05:04 PM   #7
tripleripple
Founding Member

Location: Lightly Fortified Compound (apartment): Chicago, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
There are only two things Barry needed to do to build the healthcare legacy: 1- Tort reform 2- allow the companies to standardize the platforms nationwide to avoid these stupid state to state mandates.
That would allow people to buy insurance al-a-cart. In turn, making premiums affordable. But what do I know about insurance.......
mmmmm, ala carte. That's how I want my insurance and my cable television. Too bad neither will ever happen.
tripleripple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 05:14 PM   #8
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleripple View Post
mmmmm, ala carte. That's how I want my insurance and my cable television. Too bad neither will ever happen.
Casualty insurance is certainly al-a-cart. You can buy the minimum liability or you can buy with comprehensive and/or collision.
Healthcare coverage can absolutely work that way. It's your state that dictates the programs that are offered by the underwriters. If State Insurance commissioners would worry themselves with only the rate changes instead of deciding what they "have" to sell then prices would stablize.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:24 PM   #9
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Looks like you guys are also giving health insurance for the poor,..."

I'm so happy I could shyt. More handouts for the lazy. How 'civilized'.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:49 PM   #10
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
For every story here in the US about the poor so-and-so who didn't get the healthcare they needed, there is ALSO a story about a so-and-so in Canada or England that died because they didn't get in fast enough to get an MRI or see a doctor. The katana cuts both ways, my friend. (not you, Cuddy)
Like the guy who almost died of an abcessed tooth in Britain because he couldn't get into a dentist.

Like the 100% higher death rate for colon cancer simply because it takes the bureaucrats 6 weeks to authorize the treatment in Canada.

And the beat goes on......