Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 03-17-2010, 05:06 PM   #21
12er
Founding Member

Where as the conservative clowns know themselves to be stupid? I'm failing to see the difference...
12er is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-17-2010, 05:10 PM   #22
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12er View Post
Where as the conservative clowns know themselves to be stupid? I'm failing to see the difference...
I have no love for either party, but I can't recall the Pubes trying to get legislation signed into law that didn't get a majority voted at some point. I could be wrong.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:10 PM   #23
12er
Founding Member

The majority voted on both bills and passed them. It still takes a majority with reconciliation, granted by only one. Something the Pubes had no problem with on the tax cuts that has helped get us into this hole were in. Both parties are just as guilty with such shenanigans. Hence both parties suck.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 07:52 PM   #24
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
The majority voted on both bills and passed them.
Doesn't matter. They both have to vote on the final bills just like they have for about 200 years now. Otherwise the "laws" are illegal.

Last edited by seruzawa : 03-17-2010 at 08:00 PM.
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:04 PM   #25
schizuki
Founding Member

Quote:
Something the Pubes had no problem with on the tax cuts that has helped get us into this hole were in.
I'm at a loss as to how tax cuts got us "into this hole."

If I receive a pay cut, I decrease my discretionary spending to compensate. If I put luxuries on my credit card, it's not the pay cut that got me into the hole, it's the plastic. The government has been buying luxuries. And now it's looking to buy a gold-plated yacht that we're all going to sink in.

But of course, that's academic, as federal government revenues increase after tax cuts. Even Obama admitted that.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 03:48 AM   #26
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizuki View Post
If I receive a pay cut, I decrease my discretionary spending to compensate. If I put luxuries on my credit card, it's not the pay cut that got me into the hole, it's the plastic. The government has been buying luxuries. And now it's looking to buy a gold-plated yacht that we're all going to sink in.
Don't forget the homes. I was watching a new clip on Yahoo! about the new middle class. The interviewed a couple (you can probably still find the clip online) with their faces blacked out. The were living in a community that had HUGE homes. On the inside, you could tell they had nice countertops and nice fixtures. The guy lost his job and now the woman was working at a job ($11/hour) to make ends meet. All the while they are burning through their savings. That home and that neighborhood is no middle-class I'm used to. That's for sure!

My wife and I both work. We both make a decent salary. When we went to buy a home, the banks told us we would qualify for nearly twice as much $$$ as the home we eventually bought. We have always tried to keep our bills such that if one of us loses their jobs, the other can pay the bills and not go under.

We live a nice life... in a nice, small home. We made that choice. Other people chose to overcommit with housing and credit card debt. Is that the person's fault OR the bank's fault?
Old 03-18-2010, 05:09 AM   #27
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
Don't forget the homes. I was watching a new clip on Yahoo! about the new middle class. The interviewed a couple (you can probably still find the clip online) with their faces blacked out. The were living in a community that had HUGE homes. On the inside, you could tell they had nice countertops and nice fixtures. The guy lost his job and now the woman was working at a job ($11/hour) to make ends meet. All the while they are burning through their savings. That home and that neighborhood is no middle-class I'm used to. That's for sure!

My wife and I both work. We both make a decent salary. When we went to buy a home, the banks told us we would qualify for nearly twice as much $$$ as the home we eventually bought. We have always tried to keep our bills such that if one of us loses their jobs, the other can pay the bills and not go under.

We live a nice life... in a nice, small home. We made that choice. Other people chose to overcommit with housing and credit card debt. Is that the person's fault OR the bank's fault?
It's Bush's fault!
Old 03-18-2010, 06:49 AM   #28
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Got 50 in today after work. Not bad.
But that's only 1 Seattle mile!

Poser!
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 06:55 AM   #29
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post

And that's exactly why I didn't buy that $350,000 home that the bank was pushing-off on myself and The Wife 11 years-ago, but instead "settled" for the $60,000 one. Now, it's nearly paid-off, and The Wife has been Disabled (MS) and not working for about 4-1/2 years or so. If we'd bought "The big House", we'd be homeless right now. We DAMN sure wouldn't be able to afford Motorcycles and car-racing, etc.

Unless Obama gave it all to us.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 06:59 AM   #30
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"When we went to buy a home, the banks told us we would qualify for nearly twice as much $$$ as the home we eventually bought."

+1 on that Pulley. When I was buying 5 years ago they 'qualified' me for $400,000 on one income! I said to the guy that you are giving me the rope to hang myself with. I bought a house for less than half that, and it is everything I need and more. The funny part is that I got laid off one month after purchasing the house and didn't worry a bit. I had plenty of savings and the payment was affordable. If I went for the 400 G house, I would have gone belly-up in no time, and then I could cry about those robber-baron lenders that screwed me! There was enough greed all the way around to cause this mess.