Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 03-11-2010, 07:21 AM   #1
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Those Wacky New Yorkers.

Chefs Call Proposed New York Salt Ban 'Absurd'

I have no snide comments for once. Whatever happened to what used to be a free nation? what kind of lunatic even proposes such nonsense? What kind of fools elect such lunatics?

As CS Lewis noted: "Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."

Go back to sleep now, slave. Turn on the Speed Channel. Consume! Obey!

Last edited by seruzawa : 03-11-2010 at 07:38 AM.
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-11-2010, 08:07 AM   #2
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Chefs Call Proposed New York Salt Ban 'Absurd'

I have no snide comments for once. Whatever happened to what used to be a free nation? what kind of lunatic even proposes such nonsense? What kind of fools elect such lunatics?

As CS Lewis noted: "Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."

Go back to sleep now, slave. Turn on the Speed Channel. Consume! Obey!

As you've said before, scratch a Liberal, find a Fascist. I'm guessing this law won't be passed or if passed followed. Enough is enough the Dems are going to run themselves out of office like they always do. 3 more years of this nonsense.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:20 AM   #3
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I thought libs didn't like to tell people what to do with their bodies.

So apparently, partial birth abortion, ok.

Salt-no way!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:45 AM   #4
schizuki
Founding Member

Just wait until the government provides your doctor with your health and lifestyle requirements.

Oh, and motorcycling? I think not! Too expensi-, er, we mean, dangerous.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:02 AM   #5
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

It's probably nothing but Lies and Innuendo spread to discredit the Nobly-Progressive Democratic Party by those Right-Wing Conspirist Bigots over at Fox News.

Besides, it's for you own good - the Government only has your Best Interests at Heart! Go back to sleep!
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 10:37 AM   #6
schizuki
Founding Member

Life is dangerous and ends in certain death.

So, you can stretch it out as long as possible and deny yourself every pleasure along the way, or you can shorten and risk it while riding, f***ing, eating greasy/salty/tasty food, smoking, drinking, or any other choice of personal pleasure that nobody's goddamn business but your own. That's my choice, not some politician's.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:07 AM   #7
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizuki View Post
Life is dangerous and ends in certain death.

So, you can stretch it out as long as possible and deny yourself every pleasure along the way, or you can shorten and risk it while riding, f***ing, eating greasy/salty/tasty food, smoking, drinking, or any other choice of personal pleasure that nobody's goddamn business but your own. That's my choice, not some politician's.
Madness! You're talking total MADNESS now! The Great Unwashed are not even close to being smart-enough to do any of those things unsupervised.

Accept your shackles without complaint or comment - we'll supply some cream for the chafing at a future time as-yet-to-be-determined.

The Debate is over - the Science is Settled. Any Dissent is proof that you're just a Terrorist of the Eco or Anti-Government variety, and should be caged or put-down like the subhuman-animal you are.

Now, take your Soma and go back to sleep!
Old 03-11-2010, 11:18 AM   #8
acecycleins
Founding Member

So, synthetic salt is the next big product, huh? All the flavor, none of the high blood pressure.
Let me get my engineers on that.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:36 AM   #9
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
So, synthetic salt is the next big product, huh? All the flavor, none of the high blood pressure.
Let me get my engineers on that.
Already been done: I recall my Dad using it when I was a kid 'cuz of Doc's Orders.

I also note that it's no-longer sold; it sorta got the same bad rap as Saccharine.

"That stuff will give you CANCER, man!"
Old 03-11-2010, 11:52 AM   #10
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Madness! You're talking total MADNESS now! The Great Unwashed are not even close to being smart-enough to do any of those things unsupervised.

Accept your shackles without complaint or comment - we'll supply some cream for the chafing at a future time as-yet-to-be-determined.

The Debate is over - the Science is Settled. Any Dissent is proof that you're just a Terrorist of the Eco or Anti-Government variety, and should be caged or put-down like the subhuman-animal you are.

Now, take your Soma and go back to sleep!
Airhawk speaks sooth. No way that anyone can make proper life decisions unless they have an Ivy League degree. Just look at all the exemplary personal lives that our Ivy League educated intelligentsia lead! Who wouldn't want Barbara Boxer to pick their spiritual path? Who wouldn't want the Clintons to choose their marriage counselor? Who wouldn't want Ted Kennedy to pick their driving instruction? Who wouldn't want Eliot Spitzer to watch out for their teenaged daughters? Who wouldn't want Larry Craig to be their son's Boy Scout Troop leader? These politicians are our superiors in every way.