Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2010, 07:43 AM   #31
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

 
longride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Anywhere they let me
Posts: 10,479
Default

"You're worried about mufflers? Seriously?? OK, it's a symptom, but the problem is macro to mufflers micro. Worry about *bikes*! All bikes. Jap sport bikes, Harley baggers, even my old Yamaha sidecar tug....they are all dangerous, and only one step higher on the Liberal agenda than firearms!"


Man is that a spot-on analysis! Anyone that thinks 'mufflers' is the issue with bikes has their head squarely where the sun don't shine. I'd also say that anyone that is a champion of helmet laws should also be backing the salt ban. Since it's for the public good, and will save that 'one life', then it's a 'good thing' according to my 'neighbors' that I should worry so much about. Thanks for the laugh Barbara, and the truth too!
__________________
I'm a knucklehead
longride is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-14-2010, 08:01 AM   #32
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
"You're worried about mufflers? Seriously?? OK, it's a symptom, but the problem is macro to mufflers micro. Worry about *bikes*! All bikes. Jap sport bikes, Harley baggers, even my old Yamaha sidecar tug....they are all dangerous, and only one step higher on the Liberal agenda than firearms!"


Man is that a spot-on analysis! Anyone that thinks 'mufflers' is the issue with bikes has their head squarely where the sun don't shine. I'd also say that anyone that is a champion of helmet laws should also be backing the salt ban. Since it's for the public good, and will save that 'one life', then it's a 'good thing' according to my 'neighbors' that I should worry so much about. Thanks for the laugh Barbara, and the truth too!
The mufflers are more of an issue in some places than others. If you don't think so rent an apartment along Hermosa Beach. The noise issue has been an intimate part of the general motorcycle issue all along. To pretend that it doesn't make any difference is wrong. That's one of the main things these idiots write to their legislators about demanding that "something be done". Don't forget that the nanny stater misanthropes are running the USDOT now.

They hate us already. I don't go out of my way to make it worse. But hey, put on superloud mufflers. When they start impounding your bikes for non-stock exhausts don't come crying to me.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:03 AM   #33
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

 
longride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Anywhere they let me
Posts: 10,479
Default

"Are you really this f***ing stupid? Do you seriously think my Yoshi street pipe is one-fiftieth as loud as a Harley open pipe?"

So your argument is that your illegal pipe is better than my illegal pipe, and I'm stupid?? Classic! I think you could teach a a college course in Stupid Arguments. You have it down pat.

"No, it's not, because my pipe is objectively substantially quieter than an open Harley pipe."

Really?? Ever ask your neighbors if they are annoying? I bet you didn't! That would make you an uncaring annoying a$$hole then wouldn't it?And I bet the pipes on my bagger are substantially quieter than your Yoshi, so I guess I could call YOU and annoying a$$hole, but since you are exactly that with any type of pipe at all, it really doesn't matter at this point. I guess I could continue to argue that my illegal pipes are better than yours, but I didn't get my Masters Degree in Stupid Arguments yet. Maybe I could get a deal on the course you are teaching.

"And you suddenly seem to care what people think of you. Hey, f*** 'em, right?


Nah, just f*ck YOU dude. I have respect for, and care about, what certain people have to say on this board, and certain people in my life. Of course, you even got a concept that simple wrong too. The smart, funny, knowledgable, and skilled people here and in my life I care about. The high-horsed, hypocrite a$$holes that are just like you that are like the vast majority of 'neighbors' I couldn't care less about. You know the type. The ones that do plenty of stupid and annoying shyt like put illegal pipes on their bike yet complain about the illegal pipe the neighbor has on HIS bike. Go take a good look in the mirror.
__________________
I'm a knucklehead
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:07 AM   #34
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

 
longride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Anywhere they let me
Posts: 10,479
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
The mufflers are more of an issue in some places than others. If you don't think so rent an apartment along Hermosa Beach. The noise issue has been an intimate part of the general motorcycle issue all along. To pretend that it doesn't make any difference is wrong. That's one of the main things these idiots write to their legislators about demanding that "something be done". Don't forget that the nanny stater misanthropes are running the USDOT now.

They hate us already. I don't go out of my way to make it worse. But hey, put on superloud mufflers. When they start impounding your bikes for non-stock exhausts don't come crying to me.

So just for some perspective on your statement here, you have a ZRX 1100 for sale that you rode for many years obviously. From what I see in the picture, it has a non-stock exhaust on it. Is that correct?
__________________
I'm a knucklehead
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:16 AM   #35
The_AirHawk
Founding Member
 
The_AirHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Leanin' Tower O' P-P-P-P-POWAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Posts: 11,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
So your argument is that your illegal pipe is better than my illegal pipe, and I'm stupid?? Classic! I think you could teach a a college course in Stupid Arguments. You have it down pat.
MY Illegal pipe is louder than all of ya's. FTW.
__________________
Parfois, on fait pas semblant
Sometimes, it's not pretend
Oderint Dum Metuant
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:21 AM   #36
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

 
longride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Anywhere they let me
Posts: 10,479
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
MY Illegal pipe is louder than all of ya's. FTW.
If it is, I can't even imagine what we could call YOU!!! I don't think words have been invented that could express my outrage!
__________________
I'm a knucklehead
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:28 AM   #37
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member
 
Dr_Sprocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Delmarva Peninsula
Posts: 2,331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
So just for some perspective on your statement here, you have a ZRX 1100 for sale that you rode for many years obviously. From what I see in the picture, it has a non-stock exhaust on it. Is that correct?
Apples and oranges. The argument isn't about stock vs. non-stock. The argument is about total noise level (dB), and how loud (agreeable subjective) exhausts piss more people off than make people happy. Go around pissing people off enough and they will make a law so you can't piss them off anymore.

Another point is the frequency of the noise. Big twin exhausts have a lower frequency which is transmitted farther than higher frequency. That's one can feel the base of that stupid rice-burner tuner car as he drives by my house every weekend. A Yoshi exhaust will not be perceived as loud as a big twin exhuast of the same dB because the higher frequencies don't have the penetration power of the lower frequencies.

And, yes, people do put on exhausts simply to be louder and grab attention. (I think we argued this one before). That's the whole basis of "loud pipes save lives" argument -- the get driver's attention. Why would someone want to do that? What reasonable excuse is there to put on a loud exhaust just to have a louder exhaust? I have a friend that has a Honda Valkyrie, with plenty enough power for any sane person. He put on Cobra pipes because he wanted it louder. About a year ago, I asked him why he went back to stock. His answer: "Because it was just too loud."

Listen, I don't like the government meddling any more than you do. However, if we (motorcyclist) can't police ourselves, the do-gooders will be more than happy to do it for us.
__________________
"Aid to the helpless indigent is civilized. Aid to the irresponsible is socially corrosive." ----- Schizuki (c. 2011)
Dr_Sprocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:43 AM   #38
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
So just for some perspective on your statement here, you have a ZRX 1100 for sale that you rode for many years obviously. From what I see in the picture, it has a non-stock exhaust on it. Is that correct?
I had the stock muffler on it until I sold it. However there is a difference between between a throaty pipe and an open muzzy or drag pipe. I'm sorry that you can't tell the difference.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:20 AM   #39
Buzglyd
Founding Member
 
Buzglyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 10,904
Default

I think you're all going to have to go on southparkstudios.com and watch The F Word again.

Fags.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 10:05 AM   #40
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member
 
Dr_Sprocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Delmarva Peninsula
Posts: 2,331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
I think you're all going to have to go on southparkstudios.com and watch The F Word again.

Fags.
That one makes me crack up every time I watch it.


"Bruuuum-brum-brum-brum-brum!"
__________________
"Aid to the helpless indigent is civilized. Aid to the irresponsible is socially corrosive." ----- Schizuki (c. 2011)
Dr_Sprocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump