Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2010, 04:24 AM   #21
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

 
longride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Anywhere they let me
Posts: 10,479
Default

"Um, no. Because it's an idiotic analogy."

It really isn't, but since maybe you are an idiot, you just don't get it. I really was trying to dumb is down for you. I even wrote it slow because I know you can't read fast.


"So my quiet Yoshi will be illegal because of you Harley numbnuts."

Your 'quiet Yoshi' still illegal a$$wipe no matter how you justify it, and it probably annoys just as many people. I'm certainly glad you can justify your own illegal behavior though. Makes you real 'responsible'

"The problem is that cops apparently think Harleys are cool, so when the inevitable ticket quotas are encouraged to solve the problem, guess who the new law is going to be applied to?

A$$holes with 'quiet Yoshis'?? Just a guess here. Maybe you are the annoying one after all? is that possible? Nah.


"If people exercise their right to enjoy salt, it doesn't infringe on my rights."

Thier enjoying salt makes them unhealthy, and then they have chronic health problems, and then they need medication and more doctors visits. That raises the health costs for everyone which infringes on my rights, so f*ck you, and your salt, and your 'quiet Yoshi' too. Did I forget the high horse you rode in on? Maybe even an idiot like you can connect the dots.

"So f*** you very much not only for making summer intolerable at my house, but also for making me the collateral damage of your "Hey, everybody, look at me!" issue."

You are welcome. Anytime. I do my best.


"Seriously, grow the f*** up."

If I do, can I be just like you then?? It's been my life's dream, but I just can't get there. I figure all I need is a lobotomy, a 'quiet Yoshi', and a self-rightous attitude and I could be close. I don't think I could make up shyt as funny as this stuff. Really. The irony is real f*cking classic here. I just want everyone to remember who started the name calling before crying about how mean I am.
__________________
I'm a knucklehead

Last edited by longride : 03-12-2010 at 04:38 AM.
longride is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2010, 05:33 AM   #22
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In a really, really, really old farmhouse
Posts: 4,369
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Thier enjoying salt makes them unhealthy,
???





.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 05:45 AM   #23
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
???

.
Yeah weird.

All stupid arguing aside. When one's obnoxious behavior begins to bring law enforcement down upon them they would be wise to look at themselves rather than scream "F*** everyone". Even if they are right they are still in jail or getting tickets left and right. Govt is not "right" or "wrong. It is naked force.

I've said for years that the loud pipe issue would eventually bring down more laws and harm everyone. Our fascist govt can't resist expansion of power and more looting of the public. No need to give them excuses.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:02 AM   #24
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In a really, really, really old farmhouse
Posts: 4,369
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Yeah weird.

All stupid arguing aside. When one's obnoxious behavior begins to bring law enforcement down upon them they would be wise to look at themselves rather than scream "F*** everyone". Even if they are right they are still in jail or getting tickets left and right. Govt is not "right" or "wrong. It is naked force.

I've said for years that the loud pipe issue would eventually bring down more laws and harm everyone. Our fascist govt can't resist expansion of power and more looting of the public. No need to give them excuses.
The 'loud pipes' issue will not go away as most have the 'well, it's not my loud pipes, it's that other guys pipes that are the problem.' Until, one day, their are no aftermarket pipes to buy because the off road 'loophole' was corrected.

The food issue is another matter. Over here in PA they want to add a 2 cents per ounce tax on 'sugary' items like soda for health reasons. It would add nearly $1.34 plus standard sales tax making a 2 liter bottle of coke nearly $4.

Which is bullsh!t. Why do I, who is 6'1", 180lbs, 9% body fat, need to pay extra tax to 'keep me healthy'? Why can't I, who has a healthy blood pressure and cholesterol levels, enjoy salt?

It is simply a money making venture put into motion by government representatives.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:54 AM   #25
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
The 'loud pipes' issue will not go away as most have the 'well, it's not my loud pipes, it's that other guys pipes that are the problem.' Until, one day, their are no aftermarket pipes to buy because the off road 'loophole' was corrected.

The food issue is another matter. Over here in PA they want to add a 2 cents per ounce tax on 'sugary' items like soda for health reasons. It would add nearly $1.34 plus standard sales tax making a 2 liter bottle of coke nearly $4.

Which is bullsh!t. Why do I, who is 6'1", 180lbs, 9% body fat, need to pay extra tax to 'keep me healthy'? Why can't I, who has a healthy blood pressure and cholesterol levels, enjoy salt?

It is simply a money making venture put into motion by government representatives.
Nanny laws are inconsistent with a free society. If a society is dominated by nanny laws it is a slave society no matter how soft the chains.

But don't blame the politicians. Your cowardly neighbors vote them in.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 03:37 PM   #26
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

 
longride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Anywhere they let me
Posts: 10,479
Default

"Your cowardly neighbors vote them in."

Which is why I say f*ck em. I was just out rding and I think I deafened a few more kids and ruined a nice day for lots of people today. Where were we again?
__________________
I'm a knucklehead
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 03:38 PM   #27
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

 
longride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Anywhere they let me
Posts: 10,479
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
???





.
Try looking up the effect of salt on your health. Maybe then you won't need the ???

Ok, I'll do it for you:

Evidence

Evidence Summary

There are a multitude of different types of studies that have examined the effects of salt on health. They range from small laboratory-based projects to large population-based investigations. While the results of individual pieces of work have varied, the totality of the evidence is incontrovertible - most of the world's population eats far more salt than it needs and the adverse effects on global health are enormous.
Salt intake and blood pressure

The clearest adverse effect of salt is on blood pressure. Observational studies comparing individuals and populations that eat different amounts of salt show a striking association of salt consumption with blood pressure. The more salt eaten, the higher is the blood pressure and the greater is the increase in blood pressure with age. And this is true not just for people with hypertension, but for the majority of the world's population. Salt consumption is above that required for good health in most of the world's population. Salt consumption above this level will cause some rise in the blood pressure of billions of people worldwide every year with consequent effects on the risk of stroke, heart attack, heart failure and kidney disease.
Salt reduction and blood pressure

Experimental studies confirm the observational studies. Overviews of more than thirty randomised trials in which people were assigned to eat different amounts of salt showed clear benefits of reducing salt consumption on blood pressure. And the greater the salt reduction, the greater was the blood pressure reduction. Once again, the effect was observed not just in people with hypertension but also in people with normal blood pressure levels.
Salt reduction and health outcomes

There are strong data linking salt consumption to major adverse health outcomes. First, salt has clear effects on blood pressure, and high blood pressure is the biggest single cause of death in the world. Blood pressure lowering with drug therapies bring about substantially reduced risks of heart attack, stroke and heart failure and there is every expectation that the same effects would be achieved by blood pressure reduction through reduced salt consumption.
While studies of the direct effects of salt on mortality have shown varied results, the majority show adverse effects and those that do not have significant limitations in their design. Most recently, long-term follow-up of the participants of two large-scale randomised trials have shown that people assigned to reduced salt 10-15 years earlier had a 25-30% lower risk of cardiovascular events than those who continued with their usual salty diets. This evidence has greatly strengthened the argument for salt reduction.


They still should keep their noses out of what people eat, but the 'good neighbor syndrome' prevents most people from leaving other people alone.
__________________
I'm a knucklehead

Last edited by longride : 03-12-2010 at 03:41 PM.
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 04:11 PM   #28
mugwump58
Registered Member
 
mugwump58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 43.47N-76.48W
Posts: 591
Default

Blow the bridges. Free Upstate NY.



north of I-90
__________________
STN refugee
mugwump58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 08:08 AM   #29
schizuki
Founding Member
 
schizuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 5,030
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
"So my quiet Yoshi will be illegal because of you Harley numbnuts."

Your 'quiet Yoshi' still illegal a$$wipe no matter how you justify it, and it probably annoys just as many people. I'm certainly glad you can justify your own illegal behavior though. Makes you real 'responsible'
Are you really this f***ing stupid? Do you seriously think my Yoshi street pipe is one-fiftieth as loud as a Harley open pipe?

Quote:
A$$holes with 'quiet Yoshis'?? Just a guess here. Maybe you are the annoying one after all? is that possible? Nah.
No, it's not, because my pipe is objectively substantially quieter than an open Harley pipe. You must think a stock Corolla muffler is as loud as a set of cherry bombs on a Mustang. Could be your idiot-bike blew out your eardrums or melted some elementary logic synapses in you brain.

The rest of your argument is too f***ing stupid to waste typing on. If you think someone's salt intake is even remotely analogous to blasting out people's eardrums just to get attention, there's no talking to you.
Quote:
The irony is real f*cking classic here. I just want everyone to remember who started the name calling before crying about how mean I am.
What irony? There isn't a f***ing gram of it here. Just asinine behavior and sub-moronic justifications for it.

And you suddenly seem to care what people think of you. Hey, f*** 'em, right?
__________________
Reverēre meam auctōritātem

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:47 AM   #30
Barbara
Super Moderator
 
Barbara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Skagit County, WA
Posts: 188
Default

Hey, thanks, Guys!

I haven't had such a good laugh in....oh, I dunno: hours! Talk about rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic!!!

You're worried about mufflers? Seriously?? OK, it's a symptom, but the problem is macro to mufflers micro. Worry about *bikes*! All bikes. Jap sport bikes, Harley baggers, even my old Yamaha sidecar tug....they are all dangerous, and only one step higher on the Liberal agenda than firearms!

You feel the need to drive yourself nuts?

Worry about when they decide to keep all internal combustion vehicles in government storehouses until they can be destroyed. Can't happen? Look at what Clinton did to the remaining stock of M-1 Garand Rifles. Collectible antiques, and cut them up, crushed them and they are long gone!

Mufflers. Jaysus, worry about the cancer, not just the red spot on your belly......

Anyway, thanks for the giggle.....(dammit. I was grinning when I began, and now I'm angry. Aarrgg!)
__________________
Barb

Britney the BSA
Big John the BSA
Baby B. the BSA
Gemini the BSA/Triumph
Pip the Triumph T140v--(I have "Great Expectations")
The unnamed 1979 XS 650
Jaelith the '77 XS650/sidecar
Barbara is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off