Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle.Com Lounge (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/)
-   -   NASCAR Fans? (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/14505-nascar-fans.html)

longride 02-25-2010 05:00 PM

"What do you have to say about that?"

Harvick only races that series part time as a warm-up. He races in the real thing. Derrick Cope is 153 years old.

"At least she finished

I'd bet you a million bucks I'd finish too. She sucked. 30th place sucks. Compare her to Joey Logano who was 18 years old and won more races in his first year at 18 than she will win in her whole career. THAT'S the difference between being good and being a sideshow. You still didn't tell me who finished right behind Ms. Sideshow in the ARCA race. Go look and laugh.

mugwump58 02-25-2010 05:10 PM

I'm guessing it's quite a distance from driving a race car and driving a class spec advertising barge. But hey that's just my opinion.

Dr_Sprocket 02-25-2010 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 235602)
I'd bet you a million bucks I'd finish too.

Shows what you know! Not finishing has a lot to do with the other people around you. Sometimes you just can't avoid a collision.

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 235602)
She sucked. 30th place sucks. Compare her to Joey Logano who was 18 years old and won more races in his first year at 18 than she will win in her whole career. THAT'S the difference between being good and being a sideshow. You still didn't tell me who finished right behind Ms. Sideshow in the ARCA race. Go look and laugh.

Pop quiz, Mr. Smarty! How many drivers finished on the lead lap in Cali. I'll give you a hint. It was less than half. By your logic, all other 23 drivers (it was actually 24), shouldn't be racing, eh? That would exclude drivers such as: Joe Nemechek, David Reutimann, Kenny Wallace, Brian Kaselowski, and Kevin LePage. All drivers mentioned have way more experience than Danica. Since she did marginally worse than them, I guess that means she's better than them.

Oh! Put it out of your head. You cannot drive better than Danica. Period. I bet you didn't even watch the ARCA race (which I did, start to finish).

longride 02-25-2010 07:12 PM

"Shows what you know!"

I know more about NASCAR accidentally than you do on purpose starting with my uncle pitting for Fred Lorenzen back in the 60's. Bet you never knew who he was.

Fred Lorenzen Home

"I bet you didn't even watch the ARCA race (which I did, start to finish)."

You lost one bet, care to lose any more? You just flap your gums just like Danica. She sucks. She got lapped in 17 laps. Since you watched the ARCA race start to finish, why can't you name the driver that finished right behind Danica the great? Because you don't know crap is why, starting with rooting for Jeff Gordon as an UNDERDOG?? Please!

"Since she did marginally worse than them, I guess that means she's better than them."

She was the second coming of Christ wasn't she? So she's right up there with old 'Front Row Joe' eh? Not great company to be keeping. When she's running with Logano, Busch, and Stewart wake me up. Until then please put your money on the table. My bets are still up. she will NEVER win a NASCAR event. EVER. I'll put whatever you want to lose on it. How much you in for big talker and Mr. NASCAR knowledge?

mugwump58 02-26-2010 04:10 AM

A sure sign that spring is just around the corner.

Oh yeah, well my Dad.......

I pretty much stopped watching after that kid came up out of the Nationals, what was his nickname then, Dirty something...........:lol:

Dr_Sprocket 02-26-2010 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 235611)
"Shows what you know!"

I know more about NASCAR accidentally than you do on purpose starting with my uncle pitting for Fred Lorenzen back in the 60's. Bet you never knew who he was.

Fred Lorenzen Home?

BFD! Times change... and so does NASCAR. Just because someone's uncle crewed FIFTY YEARS AGO doesn't mean they know jack about NASCAR today.

Quote:

"You lost one bet, care to lose any more? You just flap your gums just like Danica. She sucks. She got lapped in 17 laps. Since you watched the ARCA race start to finish, why can't you name the driver that finished right behind Danica the great? Because you don't know crap is why, starting with rooting for Jeff Gordon as an UNDERDOG?? Please!?

I'm not following your train of thought here. What does Ricky Carmichael have anything to do with Danica (Yes, I had to look it up. Yes, I watched the entire race.) So what? What is your point? That was her first stock car race and that was, like, his 40th or something. What's your point? That she did better than him in only one race? Or that he sucks so bad after massivly more experience? Don't follow here.

Quote:

She was the second coming of Christ wasn't she? So she's right up there with old 'Front Row Joe' eh? Not great company to be keeping. When she's running with Logano, Busch, and Stewart wake me up. Until then please put your money on the table. My bets are still up. she will NEVER win a NASCAR event. EVER. I'll put whatever you want to lose on it. How much you in for big talker and Mr. NASCAR knowledge?

First off, your original bet was that she wouldn't win THIS YEAR. I don't think she will either. I already laid out the statistics that show it is highly unlikely she will will. Especially so because she is splitting time between two entirely different types of cars. All I am saying is... give her some time. Juan Pablo sucked it up when he came over. I think most drivers would agree now that Juan Pablo belongs -- he can hold his own. Tony Stewart was the exception. Sooooo?!!!! I don't see her as much worse than the rest (or much better, for that matter). Yes, she is a media attraction. Again, so what?!!!! The teams need to get sponsor $$$ to fund a car. In that regard, for now, she excels.

Funny thing is, by your criteria, all guys who finish in the bottom half aren't good enough and should lose their ride. That would pretty much annihilate racing, if that were true. They (race organizers) have to have competition, and there are varying levels of "competition" in any given race. Does that mean that person does OR doesn't belong?

I think this next race will tell more. She has to learn, and she has to pick it up faster. Prob is, this is her last race in a stock car for a long time. I'll be interested to see if this time in a stock car affects her results in IRL/CART.

And for the record, the Jeff Gordon reference was a joke. I believe I "Longrided" Longride himself. Woot!

longride 02-26-2010 05:21 AM

"BFD! Times change... and so does NASCAR. Just because someone's uncle crewed FIFTY YEARS AGO doesn't mean they know jack about NASCAR today."

You win. You are right. She's the best. I certainly can't argue with this. You have proved that you are the resident expert on NASCAR.

"And for the record, the Jeff Gordon reference was a joke. I believe I "Longrided" Longride himself. Woot!"

Boy, you sure got me on that one! Not that you really didn't know what you were talking about or anything.

seruzawa 02-26-2010 06:10 AM

"I know more about NASCAR accidentally than you do on purpose starting with my uncle pitting for Fred Lorenzen back in the 60's. Bet you never knew who he was."

Couldn't care less either. What is this? Bizarro world? Arguing NASCAR on MO! LOL! We've sunk even lower than usual.

Keep it up! We have a reputation to uphold and you guys are delivering the goods!

longride 02-26-2010 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 235635)
"I know more about NASCAR accidentally than you do on purpose starting with my uncle pitting for Fred Lorenzen back in the 60's. Bet you never knew who he was."

Couldn't care less either. What is this? Bizarro world? Arguing NASCAR on MO! LOL! We've sunk even lower than usual.

Keep it up! We have a reputation to uphold and you guys are delivering the goods!

If you couldn't care less, why did you bother to post? Is it possible for me to care less than you about your not caring less? I think it might be possible! I'm sure glad you told me how little you care though. I was worrying about it for days!

Buzglyd 02-26-2010 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 235640)
If you couldn't care less, why did you bother to post? Is it possible for me to care less than you about your not caring less? I think it might be possible! I'm sure glad you told me how little you care though. I was worrying about it for days!

The Sporty project must be going badly.