Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 02-27-2010, 01:43 PM   #71
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
'We' all know how narrow minded you are.
Like I said before, you and I are more alike than you know.

Quote:
It really doesn't matter if 'you', 'they', or 'we' agree with me. I don't base anything I do or say on that.
Apparently so.

Last edited by Dr_Sprocket : 02-27-2010 at 02:04 PM.
Dr_Sprocket is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-27-2010, 02:09 PM   #72
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Honestly, I have no idea who Johnny Weir is, nor do I really care to know.
Wow, just wow. And I thought (opinion) you knew everything.
Old 02-27-2010, 03:48 PM   #73
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
Wow, just wow. And I thought (opinion) you knew everything.
Looks like you know as much about me as you do NASCAR.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:53 PM   #74
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Looks like you know as much about me as you do NASCAR.
Well, I do have a disadvantage. I don't have an uncle that crewed fifty years ago.

[I do have an uncle that is a genius (literally) and developed a highly regarded mathematical conjecture. I guess that makes me a math genius, too.]
Old 02-27-2010, 07:45 PM   #75
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Chicks dig loud pipes, they'll f'*% you if you have them. Everybody knows that.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:57 AM   #76
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Well, I do have a disadvantage. I don't have an uncle that crewed fifty years ago.

[I do have an uncle that is a genius (literally) and developed a highly regarded mathematical conjecture. I guess that makes me a math genius, too.]
The point was, unless you are too dumb to figure it out, is that I followed it for that long, talked to him about racing and drivers and cars and setups for as long as I can remember. I watch just about ever race and attended quite a few. I didn't start watching last week like you did. I bet if you actually talked to your math genius uncle, he might actually teach you something, but I bet that is beyond your limited comprehension at this point in time.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:25 AM   #77
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
The point was, unless you are too dumb to figure it out, is that I followed it for that long, talked to him about racing and drivers and cars and setups for as long as I can remember. I watch just about ever race and attended quite a few. I didn't start watching last week like you did. I bet if you actually talked to your math genius uncle, he might actually teach you something, but I bet that is beyond your limited comprehension at this point in time.
Unfortunately, I have read his conjecture and it is WAY above my head. True genius is above most people's heads. He did teach me something about forgiveness, though, at the funeral of my grandfather. That was nice.

FWIW, I am not a rabid NASCAR fan. I don't watch every race. (Usually, I am out riding on a summer Sunday -- bicycle or motorcycle.) I have watched at least 10 races a year since 1993. So, I might know a little abou the sport, maybe not as much as you, but something nonetheless.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:31 AM   #78
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Unfortunately, I have read his conjecture and it is WAY above my head. True genius is above most people's heads. He did teach me something about forgiveness, though, at the funeral of my grandfather. That was nice.

FWIW, I am not a rabid NASCAR fan. I don't watch every race. (Usually, I am out riding on a summer Sunday -- bicycle or motorcycle.) I have watched at least 10 races a year since 1993. So, I might know a little abou the sport, maybe not as much as you, but something nonetheless.
I like NASCAR alot, and my uncle taught me alot and I met some of the racers and spoke with them. I know that makes me a 'bizzaro world' person to some, but if you actually go to a race, and especially one in the south like Talledaga or Darlington, it's a pretty good time. I'm not gonna bum you for not following it that close, which I could already tell. I always tape the races and watch them later, because I am usually doing things on the weekends too. I'm sure the NASCAR haters will be along to tell me I'm a moron. Ok, I admit it!
Old 02-28-2010, 07:41 AM   #79
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

An excert from Yahoo! Sports:

Moments earlier, Patrick clipped Michael McDowell’s rear bumper, sending both drivers into a spin and, eventually, each other. Just 83 laps into the Sam’s Town 300 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, her race was over.

As Patrick wheeled her battered race car back toward the garage, she unloaded on McDowell, wondering what he and his spotter were thinking getting in the way of a faster car, especially when his car already was busted up from an earlier incident.

“I went to go underneath him in [Turn] 1, and I think the red tape [holding] on the left-rear bumper should’ve been a big signal for me,” she explained.

McDowell immediately apologized to Patrick, taking full blame for causing the incident – “She has every right to be upset,” McDowell said – but that provided her little consolation. For Patrick, there is no next week because next week she goes back to her day job in IndyCar. Her next NASCAR Nationwide Series race won’t come until late June, meaning every one of these laps are precious.

Hmmm.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:54 AM   #80
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Yeah, they sent him out to apologize for her hitting him in the back end. The poor guy was instructed to go out and fall on his sword for Danica. I'm suprised he didn't say it was 1000% his fault. I saw the crash and Danica badly understeered and hit HIM in the back and, and then he goes out and say it's his fault. It's her job to get around HIM,and not the other way around. Did you read the part where Harvick got on her radio and paced her around the track after lapping her? Never heard of anything like that before or since in my entire life. Just goes to show you how she is treated. I wonder if Harvick paced any of the other drivers out there?

The real story:

"I hope Junior Nation and Danica Mania don't attack me, because I'm a big fan," McDowell said. "And I don't mean to make light of it.
"She has every right to be upset. I came out with a torn-up race car and she just came out on new tires. It was 100 percent my fault. I take the blame for it, and I apologize."

But McDowell did make a point about stock car fundamentals.

"Typically in stock car racing, if you have a slow car, it stays on the bottom," McDowell said. "I was trying to signal to her I was going to run the bottom, but she had already committed to the bottom and I was there."

And she proceeded to smash HIM square in the ass. He apologized because he was afraid of the backlash that would follow if he said she doesn't know what she is doing out there. She doesn't know anything about stock car fundamentals because she doesen't belong there!

Last edited by longride : 02-28-2010 at 08:04 AM.
longride is offline   Reply With Quote