Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 02-25-2010, 11:08 PM   #31
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Star Ride View Post
Sarnali2, I give you credit for taking your stand, I dont like loud pipes, and I'm sure your neighbors are grateful you dont either. I'm 15 yeers younger & on 15% of your income, and if my neighbors had bikes I'd prefer them be as considerate. Loud pipes are as annoying as loud stereos and loud mouths.

. Loud mouths take the cake if you ask me...Anyway you'll get there, the trick is to chose a trade every one needs but no one else wants to do then stick to it. For the last 20 years at least the emphasis has been on computers and programming and going to collage to earn a degree. Parents thought it was beneath their dignity to have a kid working in the trades. Consequently there's a shortage of skilled workers all over the country. Find a Union that's offering apprenticeships and sign up.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...

Last edited by sarnali2 : 02-25-2010 at 11:10 PM.
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-26-2010, 04:33 AM   #32
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
...the trick is to chose a trade every one needs but no one else wants to do then stick to it. For the last 20 years at least the emphasis has been on computers and programming and going to collage to earn a degree. Parents thought it was beneath their dignity to have a kid working in the trades. Consequently there's a shortage of skilled workers all over the country. Find a Union that's offering apprenticeships and sign up.
True, dat! My brother works for the phone company (installing FIOS) and my other brother works at the powerplant. Both are making more $$ than myself (physical therapist with seven years of college).

Of course, I come home and I love my job. My brother at phone company, well... not so much.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:25 AM   #33
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Yeah yeah yeah, whatever... I ride motorcycles because they're in my blood simple as that. Not to impress anyone, not to make a statement, not to be cool or recapture my youth. Quite simply they're the most fun you can have with your clothes on and I've been on and around them all my life. Can't see that changing anytime soon if I can help it.

Won't change even if your neighbors didn't approve? I'm shocked! I guess that would make you inconsiderate.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:27 AM   #34
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Loud pipes are as annoying as loud stereos and loud mouths."

But neither are half as annoying as dumb hicks.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:06 AM   #35
seruzawa
The Toad

I see guys getting pulled over and getting big tickets for speeding and noise. I speed a lot but I keep my bikes quiet. Only a fool advertises his presence like these clowns with their loud pipes. It's like hanging out a sign that says "Ticket me!"

Such rebels (snicker). Such scofflaws (har har har). Entire lives lived in toadying subservience to the govt. Worshiping filth like Obama and Bush. Paying all those taxes and letting every political interest group in the country push you around. But you put on a loud pipe or a tat and now you are a "rebel". Don't make me laugh. Shut up and pay those taxes, slave. We'll let you have a three day weekend once in a while. LOL!

Keep it quiet, keep clean, be polite and dress nice and you can get away with a lot more subversive activity than some clown with his open drag pipes or Muzzy.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:41 AM   #36
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"I speed a lot but I keep my bikes quiet. Only a fool advertises his presence like these clowns with their loud pipes. It's like hanging out a sign that says "Ticket me!" "

I guess the cops here forgot that rule when I got numerous tickets on my stone dead stock Hayabusa. I guess their radar guns didn't have the sound meter options.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:28 AM   #37
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
"I speed a lot but I keep my bikes quiet. Only a fool advertises his presence like these clowns with their loud pipes. It's like hanging out a sign that says "Ticket me!" "

I guess the cops here forgot that rule when I got numerous tickets on my stone dead stock Hayabusa. I guess their radar guns didn't have the sound meter options.

Hell I'd ticket you myself ya big galoot, you're bound to be doing something wrong......

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:38 AM   #38
A Star Ride
Registered Member

Quote:
"Loud pipes are as annoying as loud stereos and loud mouths."

But neither are half as annoying as dumb hicks.
ok, I'm a dumb hick, is that so bad? I live in the beautiful shennandoah valley, where there's alot to see and do PEACEFULLY. I'm sorry you've had to live in a cess pool your life and be more worried about where your gun is then sitting on the porch with family & lemonade.
Your attitude of phuck everyone & everything is immature, you are an arrogant bitter aging man who needs more fulfilment in life.

Last edited by A Star Ride : 02-26-2010 at 08:43 AM.
A Star Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:47 AM   #39
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:

Next time wear pants.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:04 AM   #40
A Star Ride
Registered Member

Quote:
. Loud mouths take the cake if you ask me...Anyway you'll get there, the trick is to chose a trade every one needs but no one else wants to do then stick to it. For the last 20 years at least the emphasis has been on computers and programming and going to collage to earn a degree. Parents thought it was beneath their dignity to have a kid working in the trades. Consequently there's a shortage of skilled workers all over the country. Find a Union that's offering apprenticeships and sign up.
I am a member of CWA and I'm curently an unemployeed telephone worker for giant global telcom company that shall not be named. I made between 60-84K/year over the last 6 years depending on how hard I wanted to work, until my health condition limited my abilities and I was "removed from payroll". Needless to say I dont feel like the union is as strong as we hope representing a worker who has been "pushed out". In a couple weeks at my grievance hearing hopefully my faith in my unions abilities will be renewed.