Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2010, 09:19 PM   #21
schizuki
Founding Member
 
schizuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 5,030
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Worrying about what other people think is no way to go through life. F*ck em.
I was actually going more for the "not ruining other people's nice summer day, deafening small children, or otherwise contributing to the general misery of boorish modern life." The "what other people think" part is generally just the by-product.

But hey, if you wanna go through life proud to be a loud, obnoxious asshat, then mazeltov.
__________________
Reverēre meam auctōritātem

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-25-2010, 05:24 AM   #22
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

 
longride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Anywhere they let me
Posts: 10,479
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizuki View Post
I was actually going more for the "not ruining other people's nice summer day, deafening small children, or otherwise contributing to the general misery of boorish modern life." The "what other people think" part is generally just the by-product.

But hey, if you wanna go through life proud to be a loud, obnoxious asshat, then mazeltov.
Slightly dramatic are we? Deafining small children? ruining a person's nice summer day? Please. Maybe I made their nice summer day. Whenver a motorcycle came screaming by it always made my day, and I'm not even deaf. If you want to go through life as a drama queen, or whatever other type of queen you like, then cheers, but please ask the neighbors if it's ok that you do that first. They might not approve.
__________________
I'm a knucklehead

Last edited by longride : 02-25-2010 at 05:28 AM.
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:00 PM   #23
MOKE1K
Registered Member
 
MOKE1K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kalapana, Big Island
Posts: 3,994
Default

Its unreal to think that eventually I might think this way, yuck! What happened to the rebel in motorcyclist and not giving a crap what people think? My neighbors love me and love all the bikes in the garage, friends coming over for rides and to watch races. Theres been times where 20 bikes are parked in the front of my house all with exhaust systems. Course I dont leave as early as Sarnali2, might want to push it down the road for a bit before firing it up. Cant believe you took them off Sarnali2?
__________________
"YOU CAN'T BOLT ON SKILL"
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:45 PM   #24
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Cant believe you took them off Sarnali2?
Realistically they go back on just as easy. The bottom line is I don't like loud pipes, loud people or noise in general, it just grates on my nerves. I've worked in high pressure steam plants since I was 17, I'm surrounded by noise 8 hours a day. Even with hearing protection it's still noise, when I get out of here the hour ride home is relaxing, my helmet and windshield keep the wind noise to a minimum and stock pipes add a nice mellow rumble to it. Aftermarket exhaust sound cool for awhile, after that its just more noise....and I leave early so I try to have some consideration toward my neighbors.

Motorcyclist as rebels? Get real man, that was a long time ago. I'm 52 year old white guy with a 6 figure income and I live in an upper middle class neighborhood, what the f*ck am I rebelling against?
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:38 PM   #25
Buzglyd
Founding Member
 
Buzglyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 10,904
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post

Motorcyclist as rebels? Get real man, that was a long time ago. I'm 52 year old white guy with a 6 figure income and I live in an upper middle class neighborhood, what the f*ck am I rebelling against?
"What do ya got?"

Marlon Brando
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:57 PM   #26
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

 
longride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Anywhere they let me
Posts: 10,479
Default

"Motorcyclist as rebels? Get real man, that was a long time ago. I'm 52 year old white guy with a 6 figure income and I live in an upper middle class neighborhood, what the f*ck am I rebelling against?"

When it comes to 52 year old white guys with 6 figure incomes living in upper middle class neighborhoods, I can't think of a better place to start the rebellion. With your description of yourself the only question is: Why the hell are you riding a motorcycle in the first place?
__________________
I'm a knucklehead
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:18 PM   #27
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member
 
Dr_Sprocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Delmarva Peninsula
Posts: 2,331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
With your description of yourself the only question is: Why the hell are you riding a motorcycle in the first place?
Oooh, oooh! I know, teacher! Is it "because he's chasing his youth"?
__________________
"Aid to the helpless indigent is civilized. Aid to the irresponsible is socially corrosive." ----- Schizuki (c. 2011)
Dr_Sprocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 04:04 PM   #28
MOKE1K
Registered Member
 
MOKE1K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kalapana, Big Island
Posts: 3,994
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Realistically they go back on just as easy. The bottom line is I don't like loud pipes, loud people or noise in general, it just grates on my nerves. I've worked in high pressure steam plants since I was 17, I'm surrounded by noise 8 hours a day. Even with hearing protection it's still noise, when I get out of here the hour ride home is relaxing, my helmet and windshield keep the wind noise to a minimum and stock pipes add a nice mellow rumble to it. Aftermarket exhaust sound cool for awhile, after that its just more noise....and I leave early so I try to have some consideration toward my neighbors.

Motorcyclist as rebels? Get real man, that was a long time ago. I'm 52 year old white guy with a 6 figure income and I live in an upper middle class neighborhood, what the f*ck am I rebelling against?
Your right what was I thinking, you should just sell your bike and open up a Yoga/Meditation wellness center, you've lost the rebel yell my friend.
__________________
"YOU CAN'T BOLT ON SKILL"
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:28 PM   #29
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

Yeah yeah yeah, whatever... I ride motorcycles because they're in my blood simple as that. Not to impress anyone, not to make a statement, not to be cool or recapture my youth. Quite simply they're the most fun you can have with your clothes on and I've been on and around them all my life. Can't see that changing anytime soon if I can help it.
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...

Last edited by MOKE1K : 02-26-2010 at 10:46 AM.
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:40 PM   #30
A Star Ride
Registered Member
 
A Star Ride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: central Va
Posts: 1,126
Default

Sarnali2, I give you credit for taking your stand, I dont like loud pipes, and I'm sure your neighbors are grateful you dont either. I'm 15 yeers younger & on 15% of your income, and if my neighbors had bikes I'd prefer them be as considerate. Loud pipes are as annoying as loud stereos and loud mouths.
__________________
White Trash Hick from Appalachia
A Star Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off