Investors.com - Class Warfare's Next Target: 401(k) Savings

Hallelujah!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-17-2010, 09:14 PM   #2
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Oh, nothin' F'n surprises me anymore. Rats or Pubes; they should all be hung. Then we Kill all the Lawyers.

I'm beginning to believe the wacko-survival-nuts have the Right of it: It's about time to water the Ol' of Liberty-Tree with a few buckets of Tyrant Blood........
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 05:36 AM   #3
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Hell, I knew that was coming. You didn't think the GOV was gong to let you sock all that money away and not grab some, right? Remember 'limited partnerships'?? Same deal.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:52 AM   #4
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Hell, I knew that was coming. You didn't think the GOV was gong to let you sock all that money away and not grab some, right? Remember 'limited partnerships'?? Same deal.
I hate the triple tax. First, they tax it when you earn it. Then, they tax it when you earn interest on it. Then, they tax it when you take it out & use it. You get taxed three times on the money that you earned once. If that isn't a crime, I don't know what is!

And don't get me started on the double tax return cr@p!

I remember seeing a timeline graph about the progression and growth of taxes. It's only been over the past 80 years that taxes have taken the size and shape that they are now. Perhaps the government needs to stop all spending all together, and cut back on services.

I just heard the latest unemployment stats for Delaware, 10% unemployment. One year after the TARP and incentive money that was supposed to "create new jobs" and stimulate the economy. No new jobs, and trillions of $$ deeper in debt. The only stimulus I get is watching my neighbor drive that new car that I paid for with my tax dollars. Aargh!!
Old 02-18-2010, 06:20 AM   #5
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
I just heard the latest unemployment stats for Delaware, 10% unemployment. One year after the TARP and incentive money that was supposed to "create new jobs" and stimulate the economy. No new jobs, and trillions of $$ deeper in debt. The only stimulus I get is watching my neighbor drive that new car that I paid for with my tax dollars. Aargh!!
Actual unemployment is much higher. The govt uses all sorts of legerdemain to make the numbers look smaller than they are.

The real unemployment rate: 15.6% - MSN Money - New Investor Center
Old 02-18-2010, 06:24 AM   #6
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Actual unemployment is much higher. The govt uses all sorts of legerdemain to make the numbers look smaller than they are.

The real unemployment rate: 15.6% - MSN Money - New Investor Center
That was just for Delaware (which usually doesn't have very high unemployment compared to surrounding states... usually). Even still, that was a sobering article.

Last edited by Dr_Sprocket : 02-18-2010 at 06:27 AM.
Dr_Sprocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 05:15 PM   #7
acecycleins
Founding Member

Default Revolt is coming!

OnlineTaxRevolt.com - Coming Soon

Americans For Fair Taxation: Americans For Fair Taxation

Our kids futures are at stake. The only way to correct it begins now. If you believe, as I do, that the system needs to be replace by a system that EVERYONE has to pay into then support the fairtax. If you aren't clear as to what the fairtax is in the simplest terms:
It is a consumption tax. Meaning if you consume you are taxed. If you do not consume then you aren't taxed. The projection of this tax is 23%. NOT 23% on top of the current retail prices, but 23% of the retail adjusted to remove the consumers built in taxes on the product from the suppler. How's that? In short, EVERY item you buy has a 23% surcharge built into it for estimated taxes corporately. If the tax code is switched to the fair tax that 23% that these companies use to pad the item will disappear. So- buy a $100 TV and pay only the $23 tax and your done. NO PAYROLL TAXES. The money you earn in your salary is yours to spend as you see fit. Furthermore, used items are not taxed. So, if you are an ebay junky you can literally get away with paying no tax. What about necessities (grocery)- Every family gets what is referred to as a Pre-bate check. This check covers the average cost of your taxes on your necessities of life. It's based on family size. Very clever stuff. So, you may pay sales taxes on groceries, but monthly you will get a check from the fed. for those taxes. You can't live on Primerib alone. It will be averaged on family size- so, expect average tax checks.

It's not dufficult. It's only going to change if we raise enough hell.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:49 PM   #8
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
OnlineTaxRevolt.com - Coming Soon

Americans For Fair Taxation: Americans For Fair Taxation

Our kids futures are at stake. The only way to correct it begins now. If you believe, as I do, that the system needs to be replace by a system that EVERYONE has to pay into then support the fairtax. If you aren't clear as to what the fairtax is in the simplest terms:
It is a consumption tax. Meaning if you consume you are taxed. If you do not consume then you aren't taxed. The projection of this tax is 23%. NOT 23% on top of the current retail prices, but 23% of the retail adjusted to remove the consumers built in taxes on the product from the suppler. How's that? In short, EVERY item you buy has a 23% surcharge built into it for estimated taxes corporately. If the tax code is switched to the fair tax that 23% that these companies use to pad the item will disappear. So- buy a $100 TV and pay only the $23 tax and your done. NO PAYROLL TAXES. The money you earn in your salary is yours to spend as you see fit. Furthermore, used items are not taxed. So, if you are an ebay junky you can literally get away with paying no tax. What about necessities (grocery)- Every family gets what is referred to as a Pre-bate check. This check covers the average cost of your taxes on your necessities of life. It's based on family size. Very clever stuff. So, you may pay sales taxes on groceries, but monthly you will get a check from the fed. for those taxes. You can't live on Primerib alone. It will be averaged on family size- so, expect average tax checks.

It's not dufficult. It's only going to change if we raise enough hell.
Why not just a flat income tax? I'd support a flat income tax. I think everybody should pay the same percentage. Right now, the tax laws are in favor of the poor and the rich. The middle class foots the bill for the rest of society.

Why should I pay a higher percentage of my income as taxes, just because I make more. I was at home studying while everyone else was out at frat parties getting drunk and puking behind the couch. Why should I have to pay more, just because I have a tremendous work ethic? Why should I have to pay more just because I am married? Because I can "afford it"? Aargh!
Old 02-18-2010, 06:41 PM   #9
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Why not just a flat income tax? I'd support a flat income tax. I think everybody should pay the same percentage. Right now, the tax laws are in favor of the poor and the rich. The middle class foots the bill for the rest of society.

Why should I pay a higher percentage of my income as taxes, just because I make more. I was at home studying while everyone else was out at frat parties getting drunk and puking behind the couch. Why should I have to pay more, just because I have a tremendous work ethic? Why should I have to pay more just because I am married? Because I can "afford it"? Aargh!
Ideally, that WAS the way our tax system was going to work. Problem with that is vote buying which got us to where we are now. I can't support a tax system that lends itself to constant change. The point is that we SHOULDN'T pay income taxes at all. If the sales tax was implemented then NO ONE could cheat the sytem, because it's based on consumption alone. If you reeeaallyy want it then you will be taxed for it. If you're smart and want it, you'll buy it used in a private party sale and then there's no sales tax.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:42 PM   #10
schizuki
Founding Member

Quote:
Why not just a flat income tax?
Because drug dealers and mobsters don't declare income. A consumption tax taxes ill-gotten gains as well as legitimate ones. Why should we pay taxes when John Gotti doesn't?

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote