Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2010, 07:16 PM   #1
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default The future....

Investors.com - Class Warfare's Next Target: 401(k) Savings

Hallelujah!
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-17-2010, 09:14 PM   #2
The_AirHawk
Founding Member
 
The_AirHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Leanin' Tower O' P-P-P-P-POWAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Posts: 11,491
Default

Oh, nothin' F'n surprises me anymore. Rats or Pubes; they should all be hung. Then we Kill all the Lawyers.

I'm beginning to believe the wacko-survival-nuts have the Right of it: It's about time to water the Ol' of Liberty-Tree with a few buckets of Tyrant Blood........
__________________
Parfois, on fait pas semblant
Sometimes, it's not pretend
Oderint Dum Metuant
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 05:36 AM   #3
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

 
longride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Anywhere they let me
Posts: 10,479
Default

Hell, I knew that was coming. You didn't think the GOV was gong to let you sock all that money away and not grab some, right? Remember 'limited partnerships'?? Same deal.
__________________
I'm a knucklehead
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 05:52 AM   #4
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member
 
Dr_Sprocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Delmarva Peninsula
Posts: 2,331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Hell, I knew that was coming. You didn't think the GOV was gong to let you sock all that money away and not grab some, right? Remember 'limited partnerships'?? Same deal.
I hate the triple tax. First, they tax it when you earn it. Then, they tax it when you earn interest on it. Then, they tax it when you take it out & use it. You get taxed three times on the money that you earned once. If that isn't a crime, I don't know what is!

And don't get me started on the double tax return cr@p!

I remember seeing a timeline graph about the progression and growth of taxes. It's only been over the past 80 years that taxes have taken the size and shape that they are now. Perhaps the government needs to stop all spending all together, and cut back on services.

I just heard the latest unemployment stats for Delaware, 10% unemployment. One year after the TARP and incentive money that was supposed to "create new jobs" and stimulate the economy. No new jobs, and trillions of $$ deeper in debt. The only stimulus I get is watching my neighbor drive that new car that I paid for with my tax dollars. Aargh!!
__________________
"Aid to the helpless indigent is civilized. Aid to the irresponsible is socially corrosive." ----- Schizuki (c. 2011)
Dr_Sprocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:20 AM   #5
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
I just heard the latest unemployment stats for Delaware, 10% unemployment. One year after the TARP and incentive money that was supposed to "create new jobs" and stimulate the economy. No new jobs, and trillions of $$ deeper in debt. The only stimulus I get is watching my neighbor drive that new car that I paid for with my tax dollars. Aargh!!
Actual unemployment is much higher. The govt uses all sorts of legerdemain to make the numbers look smaller than they are.

The real unemployment rate: 15.6% - MSN Money - New Investor Center
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:24 AM   #6
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member
 
Dr_Sprocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Delmarva Peninsula
Posts: 2,331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Actual unemployment is much higher. The govt uses all sorts of legerdemain to make the numbers look smaller than they are.

The real unemployment rate: 15.6% - MSN Money - New Investor Center
That was just for Delaware (which usually doesn't have very high unemployment compared to surrounding states... usually). Even still, that was a sobering article.
__________________
"Aid to the helpless indigent is civilized. Aid to the irresponsible is socially corrosive." ----- Schizuki (c. 2011)

Last edited by Dr_Sprocket : 02-18-2010 at 06:27 AM.
Dr_Sprocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 05:15 PM   #7
acecycleins
Founding Member
 
acecycleins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 4,129
Default Revolt is coming!

OnlineTaxRevolt.com - Coming Soon

Americans For Fair Taxation: Americans For Fair Taxation

Our kids futures are at stake. The only way to correct it begins now. If you believe, as I do, that the system needs to be replace by a system that EVERYONE has to pay into then support the fairtax. If you aren't clear as to what the fairtax is in the simplest terms:
It is a consumption tax. Meaning if you consume you are taxed. If you do not consume then you aren't taxed. The projection of this tax is 23%. NOT 23% on top of the current retail prices, but 23% of the retail adjusted to remove the consumers built in taxes on the product from the suppler. How's that? In short, EVERY item you buy has a 23% surcharge built into it for estimated taxes corporately. If the tax code is switched to the fair tax that 23% that these companies use to pad the item will disappear. So- buy a $100 TV and pay only the $23 tax and your done. NO PAYROLL TAXES. The money you earn in your salary is yours to spend as you see fit. Furthermore, used items are not taxed. So, if you are an ebay junky you can literally get away with paying no tax. What about necessities (grocery)- Every family gets what is referred to as a Pre-bate check. This check covers the average cost of your taxes on your necessities of life. It's based on family size. Very clever stuff. So, you may pay sales taxes on groceries, but monthly you will get a check from the fed. for those taxes. You can't live on Primerib alone. It will be averaged on family size- so, expect average tax checks.

It's not dufficult. It's only going to change if we raise enough hell.
__________________
"Slack" - a state of being in which everything flows smoothly.....a frame of mind so at ease that the universe naturally cooperates.
acecycleins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 05:49 PM   #8
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member
 
Dr_Sprocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Delmarva Peninsula
Posts: 2,331
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
OnlineTaxRevolt.com - Coming Soon

Americans For Fair Taxation: Americans For Fair Taxation

Our kids futures are at stake. The only way to correct it begins now. If you believe, as I do, that the system needs to be replace by a system that EVERYONE has to pay into then support the fairtax. If you aren't clear as to what the fairtax is in the simplest terms:
It is a consumption tax. Meaning if you consume you are taxed. If you do not consume then you aren't taxed. The projection of this tax is 23%. NOT 23% on top of the current retail prices, but 23% of the retail adjusted to remove the consumers built in taxes on the product from the suppler. How's that? In short, EVERY item you buy has a 23% surcharge built into it for estimated taxes corporately. If the tax code is switched to the fair tax that 23% that these companies use to pad the item will disappear. So- buy a $100 TV and pay only the $23 tax and your done. NO PAYROLL TAXES. The money you earn in your salary is yours to spend as you see fit. Furthermore, used items are not taxed. So, if you are an ebay junky you can literally get away with paying no tax. What about necessities (grocery)- Every family gets what is referred to as a Pre-bate check. This check covers the average cost of your taxes on your necessities of life. It's based on family size. Very clever stuff. So, you may pay sales taxes on groceries, but monthly you will get a check from the fed. for those taxes. You can't live on Primerib alone. It will be averaged on family size- so, expect average tax checks.

It's not dufficult. It's only going to change if we raise enough hell.
Why not just a flat income tax? I'd support a flat income tax. I think everybody should pay the same percentage. Right now, the tax laws are in favor of the poor and the rich. The middle class foots the bill for the rest of society.

Why should I pay a higher percentage of my income as taxes, just because I make more. I was at home studying while everyone else was out at frat parties getting drunk and puking behind the couch. Why should I have to pay more, just because I have a tremendous work ethic? Why should I have to pay more just because I am married? Because I can "afford it"? Aargh!
__________________
"Aid to the helpless indigent is civilized. Aid to the irresponsible is socially corrosive." ----- Schizuki (c. 2011)
Dr_Sprocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:41 PM   #9
acecycleins
Founding Member
 
acecycleins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 4,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
Why not just a flat income tax? I'd support a flat income tax. I think everybody should pay the same percentage. Right now, the tax laws are in favor of the poor and the rich. The middle class foots the bill for the rest of society.

Why should I pay a higher percentage of my income as taxes, just because I make more. I was at home studying while everyone else was out at frat parties getting drunk and puking behind the couch. Why should I have to pay more, just because I have a tremendous work ethic? Why should I have to pay more just because I am married? Because I can "afford it"? Aargh!
Ideally, that WAS the way our tax system was going to work. Problem with that is vote buying which got us to where we are now. I can't support a tax system that lends itself to constant change. The point is that we SHOULDN'T pay income taxes at all. If the sales tax was implemented then NO ONE could cheat the sytem, because it's based on consumption alone. If you reeeaallyy want it then you will be taxed for it. If you're smart and want it, you'll buy it used in a private party sale and then there's no sales tax.
__________________
"Slack" - a state of being in which everything flows smoothly.....a frame of mind so at ease that the universe naturally cooperates.
acecycleins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:42 PM   #10
schizuki
Founding Member
 
schizuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 5,030
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
Why not just a flat income tax?
Because drug dealers and mobsters don't declare income. A consumption tax taxes ill-gotten gains as well as legitimate ones. Why should we pay taxes when John Gotti doesn't?
__________________
Reverēre meam auctōritātem

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off