Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2010, 07:10 PM   #11
The_AirHawk
Founding Member
 
The_AirHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Leanin' Tower O' P-P-P-P-POWAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Posts: 11,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
If you're smart and want it, you'll buy it used in a private party sale and then there's no sales tax.
Depending on what it is - the State will take its bite out of your ass anyway. Look at used car sales - many (most!) states have sales taxes you pay on every vehicle you register - new or used.
__________________
Parfois, on fait pas semblant
Sometimes, it's not pretend
Oderint Dum Metuant
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-19-2010, 08:34 AM   #12
acecycleins
Founding Member
 
acecycleins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 4,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Depending on what it is - the State will take its bite out of your ass anyway. Look at used car sales - many (most!) states have sales taxes you pay on every vehicle you register - new or used.
Private party sales in GA are tax free. I suspect that's the case in most states because the sales tax was included in the original sale. With the Fairtax implemented the IRS would be disbanded or their job would change to being the moderator of the pre-bate system. If you buy from a car lot I suspect that the sales tax would still be instituted because of car sales regulations for dealers.
End the end, the only solution to our tax problem is to scrap the system. Repeal the ammendments for our tax system and come up with a just taxation system that everyone pays into- whether you're here legally or not.
__________________
"Slack" - a state of being in which everything flows smoothly.....a frame of mind so at ease that the universe naturally cooperates.
acecycleins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:08 AM   #13
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member
 
Dr_Sprocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Delmarva Peninsula
Posts: 2,331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
End the end, the only solution to our tax problem is to scrap the system. Repeal the ammendments for our tax system and come up with a just taxation system that everyone pays into- whether you're here legally or not.
Sounds reasonable to me.
__________________
"Aid to the helpless indigent is civilized. Aid to the irresponsible is socially corrosive." ----- Schizuki (c. 2011)
Dr_Sprocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 01:33 PM   #14
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

 
longride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Anywhere they let me
Posts: 10,479
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizuki View Post
Because drug dealers and mobsters don't declare income. A consumption tax taxes ill-gotten gains as well as legitimate ones. Why should we pay taxes when John Gotti doesn't?
You forgot politicians, especially Democrats. Look at how many Messiah picks that had tax issues. What a joke.
__________________
I'm a knucklehead
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 03:04 PM   #15
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
Why should I pay a higher percentage of my income as taxes, just because I make more. I was at home studying while everyone else was out at frat parties getting drunk and puking behind the couch. Why should I have to pay more, just because I have a tremendous work ethic? Why should I have to pay more just because I am married? Because I can "afford it"? Aargh!
I'll explain it. Progressives subscribe to the latest materialist beliefs.... people are just animals, your personality and behavior are determined by your brain chemicals, etc etc. People are no longer responsible for anything they do. You, Dr Pulley, are hard working and smarter because you accidentally became that way due to your genetic inheritance. Therefore you deserve nothing more for your efforts than a lazy welfare bum. The lazy welfare bum is not responsible for being that way either. So, the goal is that all the money is put into a big pot and distributed "equally" according to some complex formula invented by progressive college professors and politicians. Naturally the people who "rule" are exempt from the equal distribution thing for another reason. In their cases they are "superior" and deserve more. Their superiority is inherent and self-evident..... even though there is no objective evidence that one could point to to prove it.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 04:33 PM   #16
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

I agree with Pully, why should I be penalized with a 28% percent tax rate because I have the drive, ambition and good fortune to get ahead. I get so tired of all this "gee Steve, you make money out the ass and just go buy whatever you want"... Yeah well get off your dead ass and get to work. Nobody handed me this sh*t, I started when I was 17 and went in the Navy, learned a good trade and stuck with it to where I am now. These welfare flakes my daughters seem so enamored with expect everything to fall in their laps like manna from heaven.

Well it don't work that way, but I get taxed to sh*t to pay for these crybabies. I don't mind paying my fair share to pay for vital services, infrastructure etc but I get tired of all these new taxes....I mean "User Fees" that the Peoples Republic of Washington is so fond of levying. If you think the married tax rate is high, try having a good income and being single.
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 07:27 PM   #17
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
I agree with Pully, why should I be penalized with a 28% percent tax rate because I have the drive, ambition and good fortune to get ahead. I get so tired of all this "gee Steve, you make money out the ass and just go buy whatever you want"... Yeah well get off your dead ass and get to work. Nobody handed me this sh*t, I started when I was 17 and went in the Navy, learned a good trade and stuck with it to where I am now. These welfare flakes my daughters seem so enamored with expect everything to fall in their laps like manna from heaven.

Well it don't work that way, but I get taxed to sh*t to pay for these crybabies. I don't mind paying my fair share to pay for vital services, infrastructure etc but I get tired of all these new taxes....I mean "User Fees" that the Peoples Republic of Washington is so fond of levying. If you think the married tax rate is high, try having a good income and being single.
Sorry but you are genetically determined to act the way you do and don't deserve anything more in life than a heroin addict who was also genetically determined to be an addict. Get to work and feel lucky that we don't assign a block warden to keep a closer eye on you.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 06:31 AM   #18
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

 
longride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Anywhere they let me
Posts: 10,479
Default

" agree with Pully, why should I be penalized with a 28% percent tax rate because I have the drive, ambition and good fortune to get ahead."

Because you are just a big-hearted Liberal that wants everyone to be happy!
__________________
I'm a knucklehead
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 07:30 AM   #19
Buzglyd
Founding Member
 
Buzglyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 10,904
Default

I'd be thrilled with a 28% tax rate. I get hosed by the Feds and my dear home state.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 07:39 AM   #20
The_AirHawk
Founding Member
 
The_AirHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Leanin' Tower O' P-P-P-P-POWAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Posts: 11,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
I'd be thrilled with a 28% tax rate. I get hosed by the Feds and my dear home state.
Yeah, but enough little ol' ladies Pension Funds eases the sting a bit!
__________________
Parfois, on fait pas semblant
Sometimes, it's not pretend
Oderint Dum Metuant
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off