Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle.Com Lounge (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/)
-   -   How bad did "The Who" Suck at the Superbowl (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/14321-how-bad-did-who-suck-superbowl.html)

Kenneth_Moore 02-08-2010 09:13 AM

How bad did "The Who" Suck at the Superbowl

It was bad, we all can agree on that. But just how bad was it? Did you simply mute the sound until it was over, or did you collect all your Who CDs and feed them into the garbage disposal?

What do YOU think? Tell "The Who" how bad they sucked here:

The Who Official Band Website - Roger Daltrey, Pete Townshend, John Entwistle, and Keith Moon | Home

Dr_Sprocket 02-08-2010 09:20 AM

I kept thinking "Not good. So not good." I love the band, but they need to retire. Their performance made the Stones halftime show a couple of years back seem that much better.

V2Rider 02-08-2010 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket (Post 233995)
I kept thinking "Not good. So not good." I love the band, but they need to retire. Their performance made the Stones halftime show a couple of years back seem that much better.

I wouldn't go that far but it definately was lacking. Time to call it a day.

schizuki 02-08-2010 10:26 AM

Ease up, fellas. Pete Townsend said afterwards, "We didn't put on a bad performance. We were just doing research for our fight against bad performances."

The_AirHawk 02-08-2010 11:07 AM

When I heard the halftime-show was gonna be "The WHO", I thought to myself "Aren't they DEAD?"

Turns out, I was RIGHT!

pushrod 02-08-2010 11:13 AM

When I heard it was gonna be the Who, I said, 'What?", but was told they were on second...

Make sure you tip the waitresses!

But seriously, even giving them some room for crappy miking, and playing in a big echo - they were not very good.

Quite sad, really.

Now, Queen Latifah and Carrie Underwood did great jobs!

Somebody blew their cue, though - the jets were late. Or Carrie was early. Just sayin'...

And who the heck thought up the Bears Shuffle ad!? McMahon in a Rascal, fer cryin' out loud...

seruzawa 02-08-2010 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pushrod (Post 234011)
When I heard it was gonna be the Who, I said, 'What?", but was told they were on second...

Make sure you tip the waitresses!

But seriously, even giving them some room for crappy miking, and playing in a big echo - they were not very good.

Quite sad, really.

Now, Queen Latifah and Carrie Underwood did great jobs!

Somebody blew their cue, though - the jets were late. Or Carrie was early. Just sayin'...

And who the heck thought up the Bears Shuffle ad!? McMahon in a Rascal, fer cryin' out loud...

I'm just glad that I didn't have to listen to that Mariah Careyesque caterwauling that's so popular amongst the pop vocalists and also so danged annoying.

Daltry and Townsend are like 68 years old. Cut 'em some slack. What bothered me was why they didn't pick more of their good stuff like "The Magic Bus" instead of the beaten to death stuff. And Townsend blew a perfectly good opportunity to trash a Strat.

I doubt that anyone will ever beat the ZZ Top Halftime show. Every other show has totally sucked in comparison.

MOKE1K 02-08-2010 11:34 AM

Who's the WHO? J/K

The_AirHawk 02-08-2010 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 234015)
Daltry and Townsend are like 68 years old. Cut 'em some slack. What bothered me was why they didn't pick more of their good stuff like "The Magic Bus" instead of the beaten to death stuff. And Townsend blew a perfectly good opportunity to trash a Strat.

After the first axe-smash, he would've thrown his back out, and besides; a penny saved is a penny earned - an' these guys can't afford to let any of 'em go right now, they're savin' up for Hip-replacement surgery. If they could afford it, they wouldn't be (poorly!) playin' the Supa'Bowl Halftime Show...........

A Star Ride 02-08-2010 12:14 PM

I think it totally sucked and the only reason I watched it to completion was for the instrument destruction and was further let down.