Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle.Com Lounge (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/)
-   -   How bad did "The Who" Suck at the Superbowl (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/14321-how-bad-did-who-suck-superbowl.html)

longride 02-08-2010 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 234059)
Oh, yes. Let's watch yet another washed-up heroin-addict decay before our very eyes............

Eddie at half speed is better than 90% of what is out there at full speed.

The_AirHawk 02-08-2010 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 234064)
Eddie at half speed is better than 90% of what is out there at full speed.

I doubt he could make Port Speed right now. Have you seen him lately? Looks like a Resident Evil extra. Dave isn't much better - he looks ridiculous without his teeth in.......

seruzawa 02-08-2010 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 234034)
I just found it full of irony. All the Who's angst-ridden corporate bashing tirades in medley form at the biggest corporate event in America.

And who keeps picking British bands to play at America's biggest sporting event?

On the other hand the irony was completely lost on the lefties when Daltry sang, "Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."

Still, it would have been better is they had spent the entire time on "Summertime Blues"..... er maybe not. I just stuck "Live At Leeds" on. It would have been better if The Who had remained in memory.

Daltry is doing travelogues on the History Channel now.

Kenneth_Moore 02-08-2010 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acecycleins (Post 234057)
To me they were alright. Not great. Not good. But alright.

So, you'd have to say "the kids are alright?"

Buzglyd 02-08-2010 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 234068)
So, you'd have to say "the kids are alright?"

Hey KMo. I had to cancel my FL trip. I'm sick as a dog.

We'll get that beer next time 'round.

A Star Ride 02-08-2010 08:25 PM

Well, a "metric butt ton of folks" equates to 106 million people.
Now, I need to know the dollar value of a rats a$$.

sarnali2 02-08-2010 08:50 PM

Thank God I missed it. I never cared much for the Who in the first place and anything after Quadrophenia sucked worse than a Bissell convention.

Besides Kieth Moon's dead, they should have done the right thing and packed it in like Led Zep did when John Bonham kicked. What are they doing up there still prancing around, The Stones are bad enough...how about a flippin' sense of decency fer Christ's sake.....

Kenneth_Moore 02-09-2010 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 234070)
Hey KMo. I had to cancel my FL trip. I'm sick as a dog.

We'll get that beer next time 'round.

I'll call the caterers and have them stand down. Going to have to cancel the dancers too...damn, the economic impact of this cancellation couldn't come at a worse time for us.

pplassm 02-09-2010 07:23 AM

I finally heard parts of the performance last night. I thought it was evovative of past Who performances, and yes, of course, I would have liked to hear other songs.

Not the worst I've heard.

The radio show I was listening to spent time on the three hour pre-gam show, too. Much worse music there.

And tell that gal who sang "America" to speed it up. Every syllable took 3 seconds.