Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 01-29-2010, 11:38 AM   #11
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
What's even more amazing is that Chrichton is dead.
If you'd read the article, you would have seen that his salient point makes his being living or dead irrelevant.

But you didn't read the article, did you, Mr. Buzznick? You'll be getting a "D" this 6 weeks. I expect you'll lose your car keys when your folks find that out.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-29-2010, 11:55 AM   #12
schizuki
Founding Member

Ken, what are you going on about?

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 12:04 PM   #13
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
If you'd read the article, you would have seen that his salient point makes his being living or dead irrelevant.

But you didn't read the article, did you, Mr. Buzznick? You'll be getting a "D" this 6 weeks. I expect you'll lose your car keys when your folks find that out.
Alas Kenneth I am a huge fan of Chrichton and have read all of his speeches and articles. This one came out quite some time ago.

He has another fascinating one about perception and uses Chernobyl as an example. Ask yourself or anyone you know for that matter, how many people died in the explosion of a nuclear power plant. Most people will say thousands or even tens of thousands.

The real number: less than 50.

If you want to read a real page turner with an environmental backdrop as the plot, get State of Fear by Chrichton. It's a fun read and makes the eco-wackos the bad guys instead of the usual Big Oil! or other common paperback villains.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 12:50 PM   #14
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Alas Kenneth I am a huge fan of Chrichton and have read all of his speeches and articles. This one came out quite some time ago.

He has another fascinating one about perception and uses Chernobyl as an example. Ask yourself or anyone you know for that matter, how many people died in the explosion of a nuclear power plant. Most people will say thousands or even tens of thousands.

The real number: less than 50.

If you want to read a real page turner with an environmental backdrop as the plot, get State of Fear by Chrichton. It's a fun read and makes the eco-wackos the bad guys instead of the usual Big Oil! or other common paperback villains.
Clancy's "Sum Of All Fears" depicted a criminal conspiracy of eco-nuts trying to murder 99% of the world's population with a designer disease. Naturally Hollywood had to turn the eco-nuts into Nazis!! Of all things left over Nazis in South Africa who are a multi-national super-rich conspiracy of Nazi white supremacists. Those Hollywood clowns are simply lunatics who've escaped and now write screenplays.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:18 PM   #15
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizuki View Post
Ken, what are you going on about?
I know it's tough schizuke, but you have to read the posts to follow along. Take your time. Open dictionary.com if you have trouble with the big words.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:12 PM   #16
schizuki
Founding Member

Quote:
I know it's tough schizuke, but you have to read the posts to follow along. Take your time. Open dictionary.com if you have trouble with the big words.
Well, super genius, I see Ace made a joke about aliens and you turned it into some "Why don't you guys read the article!!!" obsession aimed at him and Buz. It's the why that's tricky. Remember, I'm one of those A + B = C rightish-wing types. I need help comprehending left-wing "random neural impulse" outbreaks.

Actually, forget it. It's like asking Zelda Fitzgerald to explain the green light.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 07:07 PM   #17
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
You guys should read stuff before you make snarky comments on it. Chrichton's article is probably the most well-thought out, rational argument AGAINST the Global Warming camp I've ever read.

Take a few minutes and read it. It's impressive.
I don't need to read it. I already know it's a farce. Maybe you will figure it out too!
Old 02-02-2010, 05:44 AM   #18
pplassm
Founding Member

Christon was blasted by by the Gore brigade for "State of Fear".

Since his death, his writing has been proven.

"Whenever you hear the consensus of scientists agrees on something or other, reach for your wallet, because you're being had."