Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle.Com Lounge (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/)
-   -   More "Settled" Science Pt. II (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/14242-more-settled-science-pt-ii.html)

Kenneth_Moore 01-29-2010 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 233252)
What's even more amazing is that Chrichton is dead.

If you'd read the article, you would have seen that his salient point makes his being living or dead irrelevant.

But you didn't read the article, did you, Mr. Buzznick? You'll be getting a "D" this 6 weeks. I expect you'll lose your car keys when your folks find that out.

schizuki 01-29-2010 11:55 AM

Ken, what are you going on about? :confused:

Buzglyd 01-29-2010 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 233270)
If you'd read the article, you would have seen that his salient point makes his being living or dead irrelevant.

But you didn't read the article, did you, Mr. Buzznick? You'll be getting a "D" this 6 weeks. I expect you'll lose your car keys when your folks find that out.

Alas Kenneth I am a huge fan of Chrichton and have read all of his speeches and articles. This one came out quite some time ago.

He has another fascinating one about perception and uses Chernobyl as an example. Ask yourself or anyone you know for that matter, how many people died in the explosion of a nuclear power plant. Most people will say thousands or even tens of thousands.

The real number: less than 50.

If you want to read a real page turner with an environmental backdrop as the plot, get State of Fear by Chrichton. It's a fun read and makes the eco-wackos the bad guys instead of the usual Big Oil! or other common paperback villains.

seruzawa 01-29-2010 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 233273)
Alas Kenneth I am a huge fan of Chrichton and have read all of his speeches and articles. This one came out quite some time ago.

He has another fascinating one about perception and uses Chernobyl as an example. Ask yourself or anyone you know for that matter, how many people died in the explosion of a nuclear power plant. Most people will say thousands or even tens of thousands.

The real number: less than 50.

If you want to read a real page turner with an environmental backdrop as the plot, get State of Fear by Chrichton. It's a fun read and makes the eco-wackos the bad guys instead of the usual Big Oil! or other common paperback villains.

Clancy's "Sum Of All Fears" depicted a criminal conspiracy of eco-nuts trying to murder 99% of the world's population with a designer disease. Naturally Hollywood had to turn the eco-nuts into Nazis!! Of all things left over Nazis in South Africa who are a multi-national super-rich conspiracy of Nazi white supremacists. Those Hollywood clowns are simply lunatics who've escaped and now write screenplays.

Kenneth_Moore 01-29-2010 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizuki (Post 233272)
Ken, what are you going on about? :confused:

I know it's tough schizuke, but you have to read the posts to follow along. Take your time. Open dictionary.com if you have trouble with the big words.

schizuki 01-29-2010 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 233287)
I know it's tough schizuke, but you have to read the posts to follow along. Take your time. Open dictionary.com if you have trouble with the big words.

Well, super genius, I see Ace made a joke about aliens and you turned it into some "Why don't you guys read the article!!!" obsession aimed at him and Buz. It's the why that's tricky. Remember, I'm one of those A + B = C rightish-wing types. I need help comprehending left-wing "random neural impulse" outbreaks.

Actually, forget it. It's like asking Zelda Fitzgerald to explain the green light.

longride 01-29-2010 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 233249)
You guys should read stuff before you make snarky comments on it. Chrichton's article is probably the most well-thought out, rational argument AGAINST the Global Warming camp I've ever read.

Take a few minutes and read it. It's impressive.

I don't need to read it. I already know it's a farce. Maybe you will figure it out too!

pplassm 02-02-2010 05:44 AM

Christon was blasted by by the Gore brigade for "State of Fear".

Since his death, his writing has been proven.

"Whenever you hear the consensus of scientists agrees on something or other, reach for your wallet, because you're being had."