Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 01-27-2010, 03:40 PM   #11
A Star Ride
Registered Member

So, he wrecked due to his own drivers error DIDDN'T get hurt and wanted to sue cause his airbag diddnt deploy? I'd say he diddnt impact anything severely enough to necessitate its use. Being uninjured proves that.

On another note, in 20 more years when we have more then airbag riding suits, but airbag font ends on our forks that deploy upon impact, we'll laugh about inflating vests & hard shell helmets

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-27-2010, 04:09 PM   #12
schizuki
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
The dumbest part was the entire chapter he devoted to explaining in gory detail how tens of thousands of Americans would be killed or maimed by airbags if the government forced them on us.
I was really, really tempted to say, "Tell that to the mother whose infant was decapitated by an airbag", just to see what it's like to make a lame, morally smug anecdotal argument. But I won't.

(Now do you see why anyone who responds in a debate with "Tell that to..." should be kicked square in the nuts?)

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:13 PM   #13
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Star Ride View Post
So, he wrecked due to his own drivers error DIDDN'T get hurt and wanted to sue cause his airbag diddnt deploy? I'd say he diddnt impact anything severely enough to necessitate its use. Being uninjured proves that.
Yeah, he's a KPaul.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:19 PM   #14
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"The dumbest part was the entire chapter he devoted to explaining in gory detail how tens of thousands of Americans would be killed or maimed by airbags if the government forced them on us. "These EXPLOSIVES are going to be in YOUR CAR...blah blah blah." What a dope."

He certainly doesn't sound any dumber than the people that fell for the Global Warm....err Climate Change scam.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:43 PM   #15
A Star Ride
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Yeah, he's a KPaul.
Whats that? I'm not familiar with that expression.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:10 AM   #16
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Star Ride View Post
Whats that? I'm not familiar with that expression.
And you should get down on your knees right now and Thank God for that, too.......
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 05:20 AM   #17
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizuki View Post
I was really, really tempted to say, "Tell that to the mother whose infant was decapitated by an airbag", just to see what it's like to make a lame, morally smug anecdotal argument. But I won't.

(Now do you see why anyone who responds in a debate with "Tell that to..." should be kicked square in the nuts?)
Hey, I just wish people who responded in a debate would actually respond to what was said.

I'm going to try to explain this once again: the warnings in his book had nothing to do with people getting hit by airbags. That threat, which has some validity to it, completely escaped him. He said that the devices used to deploy the bags would deteriorate and explode or cause fires, and that every car with airbags would become a ticking time bomb. That was totally and completely wrong, it never happened.

I just wish people who responded in a debate would actually respond to what was said.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:26 AM   #18
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"I just wish people who responded in a debate would actually respond to what was said."

I did. I said he wasn't any dumber than the Global Warm...err Climate Change chumps. That would include 99% of all Liberals on the planet. The difference is that Iacocca won't cost us trillions to 'solve' something that doesn't exist.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:47 AM   #19
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Hey, I just wish people who responded in a debate would actually respond to what was said.

I'm going to try to explain this once again: the warnings in his book had nothing to do with people getting hit by airbags. That threat, which has some validity to it, completely escaped him. He said that the devices used to deploy the bags would deteriorate and explode or cause fires, and that every car with airbags would become a ticking time bomb. That was totally and completely wrong, it never happened.

I just wish people who responded in a debate would actually respond to what was said.
No one is always right of always wrong. Just because he's wrong about airbags (though considering the terrible state of automobile quality at the time one might logically infer such a probability) doesn't mean he's wrong about the lack of real leadership in this country. We just saw that lack again last night with another Fidel-like overlong paean to himself from Zero. How about "Free College for everyone paid for by Ken's grandkids!"?

BTW the actual article was an attack on Bush but is as timely today.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:06 AM   #20
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
No one is always right of always wrong. Just because he's wrong about airbags (though considering the terrible state of automobile quality at the time one might logically infer such a probability) doesn't mean he's wrong about the lack of real leadership in this country. We just saw that lack again last night with another Fidel-like overlong paean to himself from Zero. How about "Free College for everyone paid for by Ken's grandkids!"?

BTW the actual article was an attack on Bush but is as timely today.
As far as I know, LongRide is the only person who never makes mistakes. Everybody else does, like getting suckered into posting a phoney article. It could happen to anyone. Likewise, when someone posts pages of rhetoric from an alleged "wise man," it's useful to point out that the "wise man" can pull a pretty big boner, even in his area of expertise.