Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle.Com Lounge (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/)
-   -   Lee Iacocca Get Some! (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-com-lounge/14228-lee-iacocca-get-some.html)

A Star Ride 01-27-2010 03:40 PM

So, he wrecked due to his own drivers error DIDDN'T get hurt and wanted to sue cause his airbag diddnt deploy? I'd say he diddnt impact anything severely enough to necessitate its use. Being uninjured proves that.

On another note, in 20 more years when we have more then airbag riding suits, but airbag font ends on our forks that deploy upon impact, we'll laugh about inflating vests & hard shell helmets

schizuki 01-27-2010 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 233128)
The dumbest part was the entire chapter he devoted to explaining in gory detail how tens of thousands of Americans would be killed or maimed by airbags if the government forced them on us.

I was really, really tempted to say, "Tell that to the mother whose infant was decapitated by an airbag", just to see what it's like to make a lame, morally smug anecdotal argument. But I won't.

(Now do you see why anyone who responds in a debate with "Tell that to..." should be kicked square in the nuts?)

The_AirHawk 01-27-2010 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Star Ride (Post 233144)
So, he wrecked due to his own drivers error DIDDN'T get hurt and wanted to sue cause his airbag diddnt deploy? I'd say he diddnt impact anything severely enough to necessitate its use. Being uninjured proves that.

Yeah, he's a KPaul.

longride 01-27-2010 06:19 PM

"The dumbest part was the entire chapter he devoted to explaining in gory detail how tens of thousands of Americans would be killed or maimed by airbags if the government forced them on us. "These EXPLOSIVES are going to be in YOUR CAR...blah blah blah." What a dope."

He certainly doesn't sound any dumber than the people that fell for the Global Warm....err Climate Change scam.

A Star Ride 01-27-2010 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 233148)
Yeah, he's a KPaul.

Whats that? I'm not familiar with that expression.

The_AirHawk 01-28-2010 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Star Ride (Post 233152)
Whats that? I'm not familiar with that expression.

And you should get down on your knees right now and Thank God for that, too.......

Kenneth_Moore 01-28-2010 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizuki (Post 233145)
I was really, really tempted to say, "Tell that to the mother whose infant was decapitated by an airbag", just to see what it's like to make a lame, morally smug anecdotal argument. But I won't.

(Now do you see why anyone who responds in a debate with "Tell that to..." should be kicked square in the nuts?)

Hey, I just wish people who responded in a debate would actually respond to what was said.

I'm going to try to explain this once again: the warnings in his book had nothing to do with people getting hit by airbags. That threat, which has some validity to it, completely escaped him. He said that the devices used to deploy the bags would deteriorate and explode or cause fires, and that every car with airbags would become a ticking time bomb. That was totally and completely wrong, it never happened.

I just wish people who responded in a debate would actually respond to what was said.

longride 01-28-2010 05:26 AM

"I just wish people who responded in a debate would actually respond to what was said."

I did. I said he wasn't any dumber than the Global Warm...err Climate Change chumps. That would include 99% of all Liberals on the planet. The difference is that Iacocca won't cost us trillions to 'solve' something that doesn't exist.

seruzawa 01-28-2010 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 233154)
Hey, I just wish people who responded in a debate would actually respond to what was said.

I'm going to try to explain this once again: the warnings in his book had nothing to do with people getting hit by airbags. That threat, which has some validity to it, completely escaped him. He said that the devices used to deploy the bags would deteriorate and explode or cause fires, and that every car with airbags would become a ticking time bomb. That was totally and completely wrong, it never happened.

I just wish people who responded in a debate would actually respond to what was said.

No one is always right of always wrong. Just because he's wrong about airbags (though considering the terrible state of automobile quality at the time one might logically infer such a probability) doesn't mean he's wrong about the lack of real leadership in this country. We just saw that lack again last night with another Fidel-like overlong paean to himself from Zero. How about "Free College for everyone paid for by Ken's grandkids!"?

BTW the actual article was an attack on Bush but is as timely today.

Kenneth_Moore 01-28-2010 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 233156)
No one is always right of always wrong. Just because he's wrong about airbags (though considering the terrible state of automobile quality at the time one might logically infer such a probability) doesn't mean he's wrong about the lack of real leadership in this country. We just saw that lack again last night with another Fidel-like overlong paean to himself from Zero. How about "Free College for everyone paid for by Ken's grandkids!"?

BTW the actual article was an attack on Bush but is as timely today.

As far as I know, LongRide is the only person who never makes mistakes. Everybody else does, like getting suckered into posting a phoney article. It could happen to anyone. Likewise, when someone posts pages of rhetoric from an alleged "wise man," it's useful to point out that the "wise man" can pull a pretty big boner, even in his area of expertise.