Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 01-26-2010, 09:17 AM   #11
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Perhaps the difference is that Bush was spending money on a war in Iraq, something your associate disapproved of, and Obama is spending money on domestic programs, which he approves of.

Think of it this way: You spend $1,500 on hookers and a coke binge. Your wife disapproves. You spend $1,500 on a vacation with the wife to Hawaii, she approves. In both cases you spent $1,500, but the reaction was very different.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-26-2010, 09:23 AM   #12
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Perhaps the difference is that Bush was spending money on a war in Iraq, something your associate disapproved of, and Obama is spending money on domestic programs, which he approves of.

Think of it this way: You spend $1,500 on hookers and a coke binge. Your wife disapproves. You spend $1,500 on a vacation with the wife to Hawaii, she approves. In both cases you spent $1,500, but the reaction was very different.
More like you spent $150,000 on a Hawaiian vacation and then never took her. But you did make a great speech on how wonderful a Hawaiian vacation would be.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:40 AM   #13
jmdonald
Founding Member

Default Personality not Substance

Quote:
Liberals beat the crap out of Bush, Conservatives beat the crap out of Obama. How's that a double standard? It's just politics...you approve of "your guy" and disapprove of the "other guy."
Again you miss the point. It is not about liking or disliking the individual. It is about what the individual stands for. It is that simple. Big Government spending is an affront to our Liberty regardless of who sanctions it. This is the typical response of those unable to debate the issues crowd. Sorry to see it here.

Last edited by jmdonald : 01-26-2010 at 12:10 PM.
jmdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:45 AM   #14
schizuki
Founding Member

Quote:
That's exactly what he said. Something like, "It's better than spending it on bombs."

Quote:
I put it to him this way - "Say I make $100,000 a year and I live in a $250,000 house. And I have one million dollars in personal debt. Would you think it was a great idea to spend $100,000 on property upgrades instead of blowing $25,000 on a European vacation?"

See, Ken, it's like this - it doesn't matter if the thing you're spending four times as much money for is a hundred times better than the thing you're spending one-fourth on, when you don't have the f***ing money.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:38 AM   #15
seruzawa
The Toad

Bush increased AIDs spending in Africa by magnitiudes. Not once did he get thanked for it by the lefties. He increased Education spending.. like doubled it. Crickets.

No, he was all "evil". Though now that Obama is following Bush's war policies it's now all "good". How can anyone take lefties seriously? Well, you have to because their irrational and delusional world view makes them do crazy things and offer "solutions" that only worsen things.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:01 AM   #16
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Bush increased AIDs spending in Africa by magnitiudes. Not once did he get thanked for it by the lefties. He increased Education spending.. like doubled it. Crickets.

No, he was all "evil". Though now that Obama is following Bush's war policies it's now all "good". How can anyone take lefties seriously? Well, you have to because their irrational and delusional world view makes them do crazy things and offer "solutions" that only worsen things.
The Dali Obama is now proposing a spending freeze. Can you imagine people railing about "cuts" if Bush did that?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:15 AM   #17
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
The Dali Obama is now proposing a spending freeze. Can you imagine people railing about "cuts" if Bush did that?
He railed on McCain for that during the campaign..........

That said, I read this morning that BO's proposed "Freeze" will affect about 3% of spending - hardly a cool breeze.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:25 AM   #18
seruzawa
The Toad

Even though I think Obama is a world class jerk I support him in any action to slow or stop govt spending. If it's only 3% well it's still better than 0%. I won't knee jerk against this just because it's Obama.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:33 AM   #19
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Even though I think Obama is a world class jerk I support him in any action to slow or stop govt spending. If it's only 3% well it's still better than 0%. I won't knee jerk against this just because it's Obama.
Oh, a $$pending Halt is deffo the way to go - I'm just amused at how he's trying to spin this as "I'm Fiscally Conservative - unlike that Evil Bush Futhermucker and the rest of them 'Pube Teabaggin' SonsaBastiches".

But, the thing is - he's not really attempting to curtail $$pending; only give the impression that he is.

And it's not that we're cutting-back $$pending by 3% - it's that 3% of the programs currently funded are merely going to be curtailed - but not axed..........
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:17 PM   #20
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdonald View Post
Again you miss the point. It is not about liking or disliking the individual. It is about what the individual stands for. It is that simple. Big Government spending is an afront to our Liberty regardless of who sanctions it. A typical response of those unable to debate the issues crowd. Sorry to see it here.

And yet your rhetorical drivel makes no point at all. "Big Government spending." "An afront to Liberty." Is that all you've got? Why not toss in "The War on Christmas" or "Flag-burning" while you're at it? Christ dude, this is your "debate of the issues?"