Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2010, 06:13 AM   #1
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

 
longride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Anywhere they let me
Posts: 10,479
Default Oops!

Another little fib from the Global War... errr Climate Change crowd. Dont' let ANOTHER lie sway your opinion though. Make sure each lie is not seen as a massive attempt to bamboozle, flim-flam, and hoodwink all of us.

U.N. climate chiefs apologize for glacier error - CNN.com
__________________
I'm a knucklehead
longride is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-21-2010, 06:19 AM   #2
Buzglyd
Founding Member
 
Buzglyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 10,904
Default

"well-established standards of evidence were not applied properly."

We lied out our a$$es.

Try that line with yer old lady!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:38 AM   #3
The_AirHawk
Founding Member
 
The_AirHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Leanin' Tower O' P-P-P-P-POWAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Posts: 11,491
Default

""Theoretically, let's say we slipped up on one number, I don't think it takes anything away from the overwhelming scientific evidence of what's happening with the climate of this earth," he said, according to Agence France-Presse."

Really? No reason to doubt anything else, you say?
__________________
Parfois, on fait pas semblant
Sometimes, it's not pretend
Oderint Dum Metuant
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:39 AM   #4
Buzglyd
Founding Member
 
Buzglyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 10,904
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
""Theoretically, let's say we slipped up on one number, I don't think it takes anything away from the overwhelming scientific evidence of what's happening with the climate of this earth," he said, according to Agence France-Presse."

Really? No reason to doubt anything else, you say?
Yeah I caught that too. They have to theorize that they're not lying.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:45 AM   #5
The_AirHawk
Founding Member
 
The_AirHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Leanin' Tower O' P-P-P-P-POWAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Posts: 11,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Yeah I caught that too. They have to theorize that they're not lying.
Or further down:

"Michael Zemp from the World Glacier Monitoring Service said: "There are simply no observations available to make these sorts of statements."

Zemp says that the figures quoted in the report are not possible because 500,000 square kilometers is estimated to be the total surface area of all mountain glaciers worldwide.

"The other thing is that the report says the glaciers are receding faster than anywhere else in the world. We simply do not have the glacier change measurements. The Himalayas are among those regions with the fewest available data," Zemp said.

In defense of the IPCC, Zemp says "you can take any report and find a mistake in it but it's up to the next IPCC report to correct it."

Zemp also believes that the errors shouldn't shake people's belief in climate science.

"Glaciers are the best proof that climate change is happening. This is happening on a global scale. They can translate very small changes in the climate into a visible signal," he said.


It was in the 50's and sunny here yesterday - but it's F'n COLD and rainy today - if this trend continues, I expect the ENTIRE WORLD to be flooded and freezing by September 37th, 2008...........
__________________
Parfois, on fait pas semblant
Sometimes, it's not pretend
Oderint Dum Metuant
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:07 AM   #6
schizuki
Founding Member
 
schizuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 5,030
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
""Theoretically, let's say we slipped up on one number, I don't think it takes anything away from the overwhelming scientific evidence of what's happening with the climate of this earth," he said, according to Agence France-Presse."
"And that distorted data from the East Anglia climate research center? The place that's been generating the majority of the global-warming talking points? That's just one research center. Don't pay that any mind

"And the revelation that James Hansen's temperature data algorithm contained an error that exaggerated post-1999 temps? That's just one massively-influential climate-change-believing scientist. Fuggedabowdit.

"And that man behind the curtain? Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain. Or the elephant in the living room."
__________________
Reverēre meam auctōritātem

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:11 AM   #7
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizuki View Post
"And that distorted data from the East Anglia climate research center? The place that's been generating the majority of the global-warming talking points? That's just one research center. Don't pay that any mind

"And the revelation that James Hansen's temperature data algorithm contained an error that exaggerated post-1999 temps? That's just one massively-influential climate-change-believing scientist. Fuggedabowdit.

"And that man behind the curtain? Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain. Or the elephant in the living room."
Did you see where some peer reviewers were testing Hansen's Hockey Stick model and discovered that no matter what data they entered they got the same (false) hockey stick. LOL!
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:23 AM   #8
Buzglyd
Founding Member
 
Buzglyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 10,904
Default

Speaking of weather. We're going to get rain, hail and maybe even graupel today.

I'll be sure to let you all know when it's graupeling.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:40 AM   #9
schizuki
Founding Member
 
schizuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 5,030
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Did you see where some peer reviewers were testing Hansen's Hockey Stick model and discovered that no matter what data they entered they got the same (false) hockey stick. LOL!
Actually, I totally forgot the debunked Hockey Stick - it was actually Mann, not Hansen. Two different pious frauds.
__________________
Reverēre meam auctōritātem

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 10:06 AM   #10
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizuki View Post
Actually, I totally forgot the debunked Hockey Stick - it was actually Mann, not Hansen. Two different pious frauds.
Oh yeah, Mann. Well, one lying fraud seems much like another.

Isn't it interesting just how much trouble has been caused this world over the last century and a half due to the natterings of college professors? Fascism, GW fraud, Kinsey Fraud, Keynesian insanity... the list of destructive ideas that originated in the ivory towers of the Universities is staggering. You get totally unworkable theories invented by people who live in a fantasy world of tenure and most have never had real jobs. Take Nietzsche. He was a weakling and chronically ill yet writes some screed about "superman" which led directly to Eugenics and Nazi racial theories. WTF did Nietzsche know about superman?
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off