Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Other > Motorcycle.Com Lounge

Old 01-22-2010, 06:29 AM   #11
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

HA!! You're obviously part of the Vast Right Wing Conspiricy out to discredit and denigrate the fine works of our Proffesional Educators and Lawmakers, whose only care is to see that the children of tomorrow have a clear picture of all the Messiah's works..

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-22-2010, 06:38 AM   #12
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
HA!! You're obviously part of the Vast Right Wing Conspiricy out to discredit and denigrate the fine works of our Proffesional Educators and Lawmakers, whose only care is to see that the children of tomorrow have a clear picture of all the Messiah's works..
The kids can't read or write or add or subtract... but they know that teachers need raises, dammit! At least their priorities are straight!

I'm a proud member of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy (tm) since 1994. Well actually I'm a libertarian but we are all the same to the limited intellects of the left.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:21 AM   #13
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

I've been a right winger ever since Nixon when all the hippies supported McGovern. I figured if those peace queers supported him he must be as useless as them. The only Dem I ever voted for was Christine Gregoire for Washington State Governor and I'd do it again in a minute.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:18 AM   #14
12er
Founding Member

Its all moot anymore anyway after yesterdays SC decision. "We The People" officially died by Conservative hands. Enjoy.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:58 AM   #15
Barbara
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
I've been a right winger ever since Nixon when all the hippies supported McGovern. I figured if those peace queers supported him he must be as useless as them. The only Dem I ever voted for was Christine Gregoire for Washington State Governor and I'd do it again in a minute.

Personally, I voted for Dino for Gov., but only because there wasn't a viable Libertarian candidate. I'd rather vote my conscience than waste a vote on the evil of two lessers......

Britney the BSA
Big John the BSA
Baby B. the BSA
Gemini the BSA/Triumph
Pip the Triumph T140v--(I have "Great Expectations")
The unnamed 1979 XS 650
Jaelith the '77 XS650/sidecar
Barbara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:04 AM   #16
schizuki
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12er View Post
Its all moot anymore anyway after yesterdays SC decision. "We The People" officially died by Conservative hands. Enjoy.
Extending the same rights of political free speech to corporations, unions and voluntary citizens' political organizations that are currently enjoyed by media outlets is hardly the death of "We the People".

Mostly, it means that billionaires like George Soros will no longer have to hide their contributions behind Astroturf organizations like MoveOn.org. It gets the roaches into the light.

I have no problem with Exxon, the Teamsters, or The Citizens' Committee to Exterminate the Narwhal being able to air a TV commercial opposing a candidate the night before an election.

Sometimes free speech isn't pretty. Freedom never is.

McCain/Feingold was unconstitutional. Period.

The case in questions was brought by Citizens United. I can't put it any better than Matt Welch did:

Citizens United, a conservative 501(c)(4) nonprofit that has funded a dozen political documentaries over the years, produced a critical documentary about Hillary Clinton in 2008 entitled “Hillary: The Movie.” By a decision of the federal government, which was enforcing the Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act (known more broadly as McCain-Feingold), this piece of political speech was banned from television.

Let’s boil it down to the essential words: Political documentary, banned, government.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:15 AM   #17
schizuki
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
I'd rather vote my conscience than waste a vote on the evil of two lessers......
Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.

Stubborn libertarianism/conservatism is two wolves and two sheep voting on what to have for dinner, and one sheep votes "not sheep" while the other votes "lobster thermidor."

There's a Tea Party movement afoot to take the positions of Republican Party precinct captains. It's beautiful. Take over the party from the bottom. I wish them luck. Why waste time with pointless third-party candidates when you can Borg an existing party?

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:24 AM   #18
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizuki View Post
Extending the same rights of political free speech to corporations, unions and voluntary citizens' political organizations that are currently enjoyed by media outlets is hardly the death of "We the People".

Mostly, it means that billionaires like George Soros will no longer have to hide their contributions behind Astroturf organizations like MoveOn.org. It gets the roaches into the light.

I have no problem with Exxon, the Teamsters, or The Citizens' Committee to Exterminate the Narwhal being able to air a TV commercial opposing a candidate the night before an election.

Sometimes free speech isn't pretty. Freedom never is.

McCain/Feingold was unconstitutional. Period.

The case in questions was brought by Citizens United. I can't put it any better than Matt Welch did:

Citizens United, a conservative 501(c)(4) nonprofit that has funded a dozen political documentaries over the years, produced a critical documentary about Hillary Clinton in 2008 entitled “Hillary: The Movie.” By a decision of the federal government, which was enforcing the Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act (known more broadly as McCain-Feingold), this piece of political speech was banned from television.

Let’s boil it down to the essential words: Political documentary, banned, government.
If anything exposes the totalitarian anti-speech core of the Democrats it is this issue. Unions are richer than corporations, but because they are partisan commie hacks for the commie Rats there's no complaining.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:45 AM   #19
12er
Founding Member

I guess you guys missed this one, I'll post it again.

So called Conservatives had been in control of the house for 11 years and total control for 7. Yet Deficit spending shot out of control.

Care to explain? Liberals are supposed to spend like drunken sailors, but why has the right been doing it all along? Who represents the right anymore? Did the Gov shrink or expand under Conservative control? Did the budget get balanced under any conservative in the last 20+ years? Who represents your Ideals anymore?
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:00 AM   #20
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12er View Post
I guess you guys missed this one, I'll post it again.

So called Conservatives had been in control of the house for 11 years and total control for 7. Yet Deficit spending shot out of control.

Care to explain? Liberals are supposed to spend like drunken sailors, but why has the right been doing it all along? Who represents the right anymore? Did the Gov shrink or expand under Conservative control? Did the budget get balanced under any conservative in the last 20+ years? Who represents your Ideals anymore?
RINO's, baby. I don't like the Bastiches either.

If I kept insisting I was the Pope, would you believe me? Why is it that when someone insists they're say, a Republican - yet still they vote with the Democrats 96% of the time - we still call them "Republicans"?
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote